What do we know about monster spawn inside LK Huts?

Arparrabiosa

Sep 27, 2022
Is it possible to have a Lower Kurast map with 0% monster spawn inside the huts? Is it random? Influenced by player movement?

How often are they tolerable to you?

Last edited:
Reactions: coju
Is it possible to have a Lower Kurast map with 0% monster spawn inside the huts? Is it random? Influenced by player movement?

How often are they tolerable to you?
Literally inside the huts? I’ve had maps whereas I went right from wp then hardly ever any spawns in the camps themselves. And if I went left they were unbearable and many resets. But, going left when I could did drop one of the HRs.

If the map is “top map I don’t want to find another” and it has spawns in it often, I’d try different movement to it, as it feels like player movement does inspire monster locals and rack drop.

(The llama did share a map seed that you had to go to spider forest first, lk, then the lk would pop a Mal if you did it right. Which makes me think even more that player movement plays a roll in chest drops)

Reactions: Triple Helix
In my experience, monsters are pretty tolerable with a sorc that has 105% FCR and 86% FHR breakpoints. You can just keep hopping around with teleport without getting snagged on monsters, and I typically have Glacial Spike on left click to freeze a pack if I can't avoid them. I avoid doing that as much as possible... any monster interaction seems to waste time and worsen my runs.

Coju's points are very interesting. I recently did two sets of 5k LK runs on two different maps. The first map gave me zero Los and Ohms, while the second map gave me 2 Los and 6 Ohms. Another interesting thing was the first map gave me 14 Pul and the second only gave 7.

That did make me wonder if certain maps have a predisposition for certain drop patterns, or if the maps forcing me to approach the chests a certain way forced certain drops patterns, but I suppose two sets of 5k runs is a pretty small sample size and with a random number generator, really anything is possible. The weird mrllamasc thing with the Mal seems some confirmation, but I'd hazard it would be hard to experiment enough to get it consistent with an actual map.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High