What are the Key Builds U have to TRY?

KadoorieNuts

Jan 17, 2006
What are the Key Builds U have to TRY?

Hi all. Many feel this season is about to end and I started LoD a few months ago. I want to try out as many key build as possible b4 the next season.

So far I have tried LF javazon, Faith Bowzon, Light/cold soc, Fishymancer, Kickersin, Frenzy brab (w/sword, mace, axe), Smiter, Hammerian and Fury. I also tried some less-than-successful builds like cold zealot and summoner Durid.

I like to try wwsin and wwbrab too. What are the other most essential builds that I should do b4 the end of this season? Any suggestion? I have decent choice of gears even they are far from enf, like Death, Botd, Faith, Grief, Forti, CoH, Pride, Infinity etc.

Auradin
Zealot
Fire sorc
Bone necro
Poison necro
Frostmaiden
just a couple of the builds I have that doesn't appear on your list.

Frostmaiden with ICE BOW !

You gotta see the deep freeze in action for once ! You won't slaughter those 8 player Chaos extremely quickly, but you have a fun time watching them trying to hit you and die a cold cold death.

I don't see a trapsin on your list, you gotta try one of those, I used to play one on hardcore even, brought her to level 8x somewhere, without dying even a single time. Stopped because the ladder season ended , not because of death of character.

Tx EA. Acutally I tried a Posion necro once but the damage was poor and I just don't understand how is he going to survive hell so I gaveup very soon. Poision damage is very difficult one to comprehen. Monsters get poisoned do not die instantly but needed time to let the damage to do the full damage and I have to fight them until so. Flee is the complementary skill to help a bit as I understand. How about bosses and super? Guess tis kind of build, may it be necro or javazon or assassin, take a lot a patient to fight his/her way to hell. Any suggestion? and gear setup advice?

Make poison summon then.

20 PD
20 PE
20 PN
20 RS
10 into curses
rest into 1 pt wonders and SM.

Your minions can do the work of distracting and hurting the monster while poison continues to kick in.

And remember, poison works best with 3 piece Trang set + Death Web. Bramble is just gravy.

mallemout said:
I don't see a trapsin on your list, you gotta try one of those, I used to play one on hardcore even, brought her to level 8x somewhere, without dying even a single time. Stopped because the ladder season ended , not because of death of character.
Tx mal for another good advice. I realized one thing when I did all my builds so far is that the three ancients and Baal must be taken cared of with melee. Traps take forever to finish these super bosses, isn't it?

I don't recall all that well , I could very well have been running around like mad with the ancients but then again, I do that with alot of my chars (summoner (necro)), sorceress so that's probably me. I do know that I had a maxed shadow master which does decent damage , lays her own traps etc. etc. One really good servant and you could even recast her. And running around was easy with the nice speed increase from BoS :grin:

I do wonder why your frost zealot didnt work out, I played one of those and I had an easy time going through hell, maybe not as speedy as some sorcs and stuff but still very easy, never in fear of dying. As I recall gear was a guardian angel um'ed , HoZ um'ed , and lots of items with crushing blow. On switch a wand with lots of elemental damage to kill oblivion knights and baal never knew what hit him when I came around to try and score some more uniques.

I suppose I can switch the gears from my smiter to my frost zealot. Instead of fanatism there is frost aura. However, that is not a unique build of its kind; I am thinking of doing some builds which are fundamentally different from those I tried e.g. trapper, poision-whatever, Auradian etc.

KadoorieNuts said:
Tx mal for another good advice. I realized one thing when I did all my builds so far is that the three ancients and Baal must be taken cared of with melee. Traps take forever to finish these super bosses, isn't it?

If you really crank up the + skills you can kill then just fine -- with infinity merc he whacks 40% crushing blow so he is no slouch either

mallemout said:

On HC a single time is all that it takes. :laugh: But im sure you knew that. Funny mistake. :grin:

pedu said:
On HC a single time is all that it takes. :laugh: But im sure you knew that. Funny mistake. :grin:

Ah so this is were pedu cranks up his postcount :p

I think you should try the most commonly-played classes but also weirder ones like palazon, zealasin or bearsorc.

You actually learn alot about the game's mechanic by trying to make work a character in a way that he isn't really supposed to. Hmm..was that clear?

Tx Zal, well said. It is by doing the unlikely that we learn the mechanics of the original design of each specific skill tree and the gears to compensate for their weakness. And it is exactly what I am looking for to do in the remains of the days of this season.

To summarize my learning so far:
1. As MF characters go: to maximize MF factor and at the same time minimize the lost of speed.
2. As Speedie kill go: maximize breakpoint and damage - balance ias and damage.
3. As bosses killer and Tristram slayer:maximize CB and resistance and LL

Is there anything I left to mention and yet to learn?

KadoorieNuts said:
3. As bosses killer and Tristram slayer:maximize CB and resistance and LL

Is there anything I left to mention and yet to learn?
I believe that LL doesn't work with Hell Bosses (at least not with Meph, Diablo, Baal and Ubers).

pek said:
I believe that LL doesn't work with Hell Bosses (at least not with Meph, Diablo, Baal and Ubers).
Tx for the correction pek. What is leechable is also an important matter to learn about too. Actually, LL was a typo. I intend to say LT (life tap). tx.

Ah no, don't try a wind druid. These tornados are !§$%& hard to aim with. Since I'm through hell mode with mine, I haven't played him even once and he still has an Arachnid Mesh waiting for him when he's L81. He's 2 levels lower and I'm not in a mood to level him up that much :rolleyes:

You list doesn't contain a sorc :shocked:

Meteorb
FO/CL
Single element
Enchantress
etc. etc. etc.

WW barb: Try the IK set.

Agree with krischan about the IK barb. Fully twinked and designed around the set, of course, with 2x 40/15's in the maul (lol, what a way to use them...), Ber/whatever in the helm/armor. 3 Bers = 44% DR overall.

I'm giving a Spearzon a go soon, hopefully with huge lightning and physical damage. As soon as i obtain some decent wealth... PvP viable too, i hope (read: i doubt).

Well, for next season, the first character has to be one of three: fishymancer (this time less golemization, more mages and CE), a LS trapasin (set it and forget it!) or a meteorb sorcie. The first two are VERY cheap to make and outfit with MF gear, the 3rd is a bit harder but teleportation compensates when time to start doing Meph runs.

After I get a Hell MF runner of some kind going and churning out items, I'll go from there. I'd like to try a Frost Maiden using Ice, it seems like it'd be a lot of fun. If I find a Kuko first, perhaps a Fire Maiden? I'm not sure what the current deal is on exploding damage and that bow.

A lot of what I'll do is going to depend on found equipment. I'm not the kind of player who'll trade for items specifically to make a certain build. I tend to trade for items to enhance the builds I'm already making, which in turn stem from items I've already found.

The idea of trading for 1337 equipment just to make a specific build seems antithetical to the spirit of the game, IMHO. A lot of those builds need rushes to Hell just to be viable. A good build should be playable through all levels, not just end-game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High