Waiting, Wishing, Hoping (for a gull)

Coldcrow can drop much more item, thus for Gull has much lower chance then Rakanishu + Griswold.

according to the German calc w. P8 and 50MF:

Gull from Coldcrow: 1:607
From rakanishu: 1:1981
From Griswold: 1:1376

Mannn, by that calculator, with 162% mf, it's 1:1274 for a knell striker, and 1:432 for a gull. I already found a Knell.

Now I'm sad.

Keep at it is the best advice, I ran her a lot myself looking for a Gull, finally got one from her.

Also when I was leveling another char later, I gambled with her at level 11 (iirc that the optimal level for gambling a Gull) by GoMuleing gold in for her until I got another, that was as bad if not worse than running her.

I was using Bone Ash as target for anything small like Gull, he's pretty precisely positioned on any map. You can add him to your running routine.

I don't actually remember where did I get my Gull, it was only a single one, that's for sure :) I usually go with /players 8 and any new character dressed in Nagels/chippie-armor/anything I could muster with +MF, one of those chars raked in a MFy dagger.

Nice on the Knell Striker!
I think I found Bane Ash twice before I got it last time, but that might be a bit of a mix-up with a bane ash from Treehead, because I was running him at the same time for Death's Gloves.
You're doing p1, right? p8 doesn't increase your chances at all.
Also, one time I also got a Felloak from one of her minions. that was pretty crazy. The only item I haven't had drop form her is torch of iro, which I got from hell meph once :p

The thing is, don't think you are looking for Gull. Because the game has a built-in mind reader. So instead, think you are looking for something else, like a perfect topaz. Yes, it can't drop by itself, so you obviously won't get one, but the game will drop Gull at one point or another because you are not thinking about it.

yep, a mind reader is certainly there somewhere. How then to explain that my encha got a Sur out of a hidden stash when she hoped for a Lem out of a superchest? :)

The thing is, don't think you are looking for Gull. Because the game has a built-in mind reader. So instead, think you are looking for something else, like a perfect topaz. Yes, it can't drop by itself, so you obviously won't get one, but the game will drop Gull at one point or another because you are not thinking about it.

Unfortunately Blizz's patented anti-wish-fulfillment technology was already perfected in 2000/2001. It can't be fooled so easily. Using my LK time as a basis, my hypothesis is that you have to do so many runs that you actually stop caring? before it will finally throw you a bone.

Thanks for the kind words and advice, I guess it's just been awhile since I played last (6-7 months), and I'd forgotten the beast that is RNG. At least I'm getting a small reminder of what it is to mf again! Also, I've never been much of a grailer, so this is the first time I've actively looked for really any TC3. Glad to see I can still learn about this old game after 6 years or so of playing.

Will report back with the Gull.

Hey there
despite this being my first post i have lurked this forum for quite a while - but not as long as i have been playing and not playing D2.
Inspired by your efforts i decided that my new meteorb sorc would need a gull as well.
I ran Bone Ash - and this game really has a mind reader - i didnt want to run him more than 150 times....
and on the 143rd run he dropped his first dagger ever (after a lot of sabres - honestly he dropped those like potions)
.. and it was a golden dagger. So yeah thats the story how i got my Gull - hope you are having ours by now.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm having similar luck getting a Windforce from 1.09 Pindle. 4 Spires of Honor, 2 Arkaine's Valors, a Cranium Basher and a Messy's Reaver, as welll as TC3's like your elusive Gull, but no Windeh.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High