The PvP Thread

FluffyKitten is going to destroy us.

I can't play fridays anymore, but can join once, either saturday or sunday.

I know it took me quite some time but really trying to decide which bow to use was holding me back. After reading some guides and along with your tips I eventually decided to go for a Matriarchal Bow. It seems like the GMB restricts you too much and I am pretty sure I won't be able to gather that perfect gear for it while MB is much more forgiving and leaves tons of custimazation options.

I dressed my Amazon yestereday with the best possible availbe gear that I had.
I still haven't rolled a Faith since I would like to ask if anyone has a MB +3 /4oS with any +ED% for trade. I have plain +3 that I could use but since the Runewrod requires an Ohm and a Jah I would like to make the best out it.

Also, I would like to say a big thank you to @frozzzen as he was the reason I decided to make an exclusive PvP char as well as for sending me an almost perfect Griffon's Eye which I will repay once I get anything that comes close to his ISO.

Regarding my PvP activity I will try to join from time to time but currently I would like to throw my attention in the Rune tournament. I am planning to make two batches at the Cows so I will be quite busy.

Lastly, for anyone who met Andromeda in the PvP games the few times that I joined, that char is no longer avaialbe as she has been renamed to Alectrona and has been moved to D2R!

Some fuzzy dodger screenshots from the last few pvp days I've attended.

When you cap dodge and evade death...
Screenshot001.jpg

Bear stronk
Screenshot003.jpg

Definitely not a representative performance snapshot :p

@Delsy Thank you very much Delsy. Not quite sure how it looked but I was so lost at times and was killing stuff without noticing anything. It was definitely due to my team backing me up. There's still so much to learn and improve and as you once said, in the FFA games I felt really incapable of doing anything.

I was thinking of joining the game, have a little chat about the Amazon, where to invest my last skill points, some changes in the gear and so on and once I joined there were already six players in, decided about the teams in no time, Party, hostile, BO, DUEL. Everything happened so fast and I felt like an inexperienced soldier who was thrown right in the middle of a fight.

Not gonna lie, as long as your characters is capable of doing some damage to the enemy team it feels VERY satisfying and it's extremely fun. But if you constantly die knowing you can't do anything, it really gets boring quickly and there's barely any desire to keep playing.

These games were really fun and the teamed duels are always interesting with all the character combinations and the unexpected outcome for each round,

You shouldn't be worried about feeling overwhelmed in FFA when playing a bowazon, they're really for team games. Especially on your first time, playing a fragile character in FFA will lead to trouble.

It was a pleasure chasing you around with my bear.

I play bowazon a fair bit in FFA, but only because I can't play any of my teleporting characters effectively on European hosts.

Reactions: Excalibur
Lots of fun yesterday, thanks all for the games and max for hosting.

I know it's a different game but really fitting the feel of our pvp games

Reactions: ffs
Inded, super fun games yesterday!

Will there be another session today?

@Excalibur agreed with others, your characters are fun to play with and against. As for build and gear etc, just ask away in here and people will help. Game time = killing time. :D

Not gonna lie, as long as your characters is capable of doing some damage to the enemy team it feels VERY satisfying and it's extremely fun. But if you constantly die knowing you can't do anything, it really gets boring quickly and there's barely any desire to keep playing.
Honestly personally I don't worry much about dying, almost every death is a lesson learned. Also it's basically a guaranteed part of the game when going up against more experienced players with very good gear like some of these guys here.

There's some kind of balance to be struck between such painful lessons (i.e. waiting at blood moor entrance) and actually playing to get some practice of course. That's why I preferred starting out with somewhat tankier characters. That increases the time spent actually playing and is indeed more fun, and of course more time playing = better practice as well.

Then again bowazon specifically is probably good practice for defensive techniques such as WSG'ing and just avoiding things like traps and projectiles. Things that are helpful for other characters as well. Pretty sure if you play bowie for a while doing these things, and then pick up something like Windy, you will survive much better against Trappers than I do. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High