The four letter Guardian sept

CaseyJones

Apr 2, 2019
Hi all! So here we are, nearly 2023 and I have still yet to make a guardian. So, I have decided to make one for each class and track it here.

Player settings will be adjusted at will and replay of areas will be highly employed. I tend to quest at p1 mostly with powerlevel stops at higher player settings on tasty targets. The goal is to have fun and I hate the slog often encountered at full clears on high player settings.(I know for some, that IS the fun, just not my kinda fun)

All toon names will be 4 letters long because they never learned to write anything longer, as such, no rune combinations over 4 letters are within their grasp. Runes may be socketed for individual benefits but no runewords will be used prior to reaching guardian for that class.

No mods will be used, no go mule, just using the new shareable stash to transfer useful gear among them. And selling goods when space is low. I no longer have much interest in the item grails so hoarding isn't necessary.

The class plans are as follows.
Sass - Assassin : Blade skills based build
I have always liked the concept of these skills but they were quite underpowered before 2.4, looking to see how they hold up today.

General skills:
Blade sentry
Blade fury
Blade shield
Shadow Warrior
The rest scattered about as feels useful

Volf - Conc/zerk barb
Mainly start out going concentrate because the early leveling path makes sense, then respec to berserk at some later point, no set time for that right now just in the general plans, likely end on
Howl, shout, battle orders, berserk, and mastery with various pre reqs

Belf - Bone Necro
Standard build here - One of my favorites and received a small boost in 2.4
Bone skills, Amp, and 1 point clay

Bama - Phys Bow Skills Amazon
Again testing some 2.4 boosts
Mix of multishot and strafe and likely Valkerye

Paal - Fist of Heavens Pally
Not much to say here, didn't like FoH pre 2.4, giving it a go now.

Dudd - Windy druid
Been awhile since I have played a windy...usually a joy.

Burn - Fire/Hydra sorc
Want to see how hydra plays without the long cast delay...hoping be delighted.

I will keep them within the same difficulty level as I play through, not starting in to the next difficulty until all have completed it. Upon character death, I will remake and catch up with that given class with the same intended build.

I hope you find it enjoyable! Now to go get playing so I keep this thread from going stale :)

Sounds like a fun project. I'm looking forward to reading the updates!

Some random comments:
  • I have an untwinked HC Blade Fury Assassin sitting in Act 1 Hell (that I should really continue working on!). It's a super fun build even with cheapo gear. I hope you enjoy playing with the Blade skills as much as I have.
  • FoH slays since the changes in patch 2.4 and it is easily my favourite Pally build now. If you didn't like it before then I suppose there is no guarantee that you'll like it now, but I think you're in for some fun with that build.
  • I'm working on a Multishot / Guided Arrow physical Bowazon right now, and it has been super fun as well.
Good luck!

Reactions: CaseyJones
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High