The best Pindle runner? (legacy)

d2lover

Guide Author
Oct 8, 2019
I have currently a berserker, but concentrate might be better with isted azure

I use a Grief/isted PB on killswitch and 2 isted cs on horkswitch

I have 659 mf on the killswitch and 130 frw, 70 fcr (PT 1.07 Valkwing helps), NO CNBF, because it's really not needed
if you want CNBF just Cham whatever helmet you like (TR belt might do the trick as well, at the cost of little mf)

Since I ID alot of stuff you probably won't touch like really any rare weapon except a few (spider bows, crossbows except the heavy cb line and some others)
So my runtimes are not comparable to other members who magically see no unique on screen/ save&exit

still my inventory is full of charms+ cube+ID book, TP scrolls in belt (I tried that out since a few days, rarely I have to go to town, basically only when two GGs drop)

With concentrate I would sacrifice 155 MF for a little higher damage (because Pindle has 50% magic resistance as default), but conc doesn't give as much enhanced damage%, so it's not 100% more damage with sanctuary aura. (still might be in the 90% ballpark)

Also sancturary MIGHT help picking up stuff, because his minions are pushed back and run away, since they are howled.

Can anyone with my ID-style say if its worth it to go the concentrate route?

Probably not worth going for Conc over Berserk based on your description of your picking behaviour.

But you'll have to calculate it for yourself if you want to know for sure, because it depends entirely on your run times. Longer run times generally mean MF is more useful, but the effect is very small. And really the longer the runs, the less it matters how long the "kill Pindle" part takes. :)

Concentrate Barb is betting on faster kill speed to make up for lower MF. So to me it seems in your case Berserk is probably the way to go due to higher MF. Back when it was possible to play natively under MacOS (which I did), Berserk and Concentrate were pretty much equally efficient for me, but note that on Mac there was no S&E delay for some reason. Ofc that benefitted both Berserk and Conc setups, and I haven't really run Pindle in D2L since I switched to Windows for D2... but I have a feeling that even when running as fast as possible with Conc, the S&E delay is probably enough to give Berserk the slight edge in the end, again because longer run times slightly favor higher MF setups.

Also note the undead extra damage from Sanctuary is not actually applied. It is used to pierce the phyiscal damage resistance (which is still a big deal ofc). As for knockback, I for one found it more annoying than helpful :) it happened often that Pindle got knocked out of my range while hitting him, so Barb has to take a few steps and the kill is slightly delayed. If it wasn't for that, I would have favored Conc for sure on Pindle Barb. (But again that was on Mac with no S&E issues.)

Conc setup I used:
Shako 'Cham'
Enigma
HLW
Switch 1: Grief + Azurewrath 'Ist'
Switch 2: dual Wizzy
Arachnid Mesh
MF rings
WT
Ghoulhide

well, I don't pick it up and put it in the cube, only if it can't be ethereal like missile weaps or jewelry. claws that can have +skills and the blade talons (for lols) are my petpeeve what noneth weapons there are.

the rest weapons I only check if eth.

all gloves, belts, boots are picked up, but 1.14d ones can't be better at stuff than 1.07 or classic ones, so I don't know why... (to collect trophies of course!)

Btw I BO, tele and howl with the mainswitch using the mousewheel LOL

I looked at your videos and I don't think I can tele in the mob and howl before they attack me with manaburn :(

Since you play 1.07 you should be aware that the Ghoulhide gloves have different stats in those patches:
Just a minor optimization, but it doesn't cost anything if you already own them.

Reactions: ziambe
Since you play 1.07 you should be aware that the Ghoulhide gloves have different stats in those patches:
Just a minor optimization, but it doesn't cost anything if you already own them.
is it correct tho? does atma display the correct percentage?

afaik ingame it always says 100% higher than real

is it correct tho? does atma display the correct percentage?

afaik ingame it always says 100% higher than real
You can of course try and look at them in 1.14d GoMule, maybe that is more reliable. But I never heard of any such bug.

You can of course try and look at them in 1.14d GoMule, maybe that is more reliable. But I never heard of any such bug.
just watch closely on a more common item, 1.07 LoH in 1.07 game, it states 450% ed to demons

(or yet a more common item, random scepter from akara)

I don't know when it was fixed, but I believe it's a display bug.

But I try it out if I have them, must check

edit: nope don't have them in 1.07^^ (maybe I try out the duriel bug)

just watch closely on a more common item, 1.07 LoH in 1.07 game, it states 450% ed to demons

(or yet a more common item, random scepter from akara)

I don't know when it was fixed, but I believe it's a display bug.

But I try it out if I have them, must check

edit: nope don't have them in 1.07^^ (maybe I try out the duriel bug)
That is not a display bug. It states "450% bla bla to Demons" while in modern it states "+350% bla bla to Demons". The old versions just add 100% and omit the "+" which makes for some incorrect information, but the display takes the real value as basis.

so a 40ed to ud/d jool is bonkers in 1.07?
Kinda, but it just adds +40%. In fact I don't even know if it goes that high in 1.07.

The real reason why ED to Undead/Demons is so good in 1.07 is that it is treated as a separate multiplier. It is not added to your off-weapon ED, so if you have +350% ED to Demons you multiply your damage by 4,5.

Example:
LoH - 450% vs. Demons = +350% vs. Demons
Made up Unique - 150% vs. Demons = +50% vs. Demons
Total - +400% vs. Demons = multiply damage vs. Demons by 5

• Wow
Reactions: d2lover
@ffs you could switch out arach for either goldwrap or casterbelt, in case of goldwrap you would need a fcr&mf ring

tho you will lose a skill
You answered that yourself. Arach for FCR and +skill, IIRC it got me the next FI% which is generally worth ~2 MF breakpoints in most cases. Caster belt simply means losing a skill in comparison. Goldwrap really only makes sense when using a caster ammy instead of HLW. Generally HLW is the go-to option, in particular for Pindle, but again depends on exact run times.

In the end it really doesn't help much to debate abstract pros and cons of various options. You will only know what is better for you if you run Pindle with different setups for some extended sessions, time your runs, and actually calculate the difference in efficiency. Everything else will be pure speculation.

Reactions: d2lover
If you get 1-5s S&E times it's pretty same, my opinion. This is same for anything sub 30s running.

I like to run Pindle with Fireballer Sorc. Easy and fast P8 runs with Infinity and my gear is pretty much MF optimized. You get levels fast too until some ~91-92.

m4ke

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High