Suwayyah up to? ...what are the best oskills for claws?

ziambe

Oct 21, 2009
I know very little about Assassins...but I recently found a super stable Suwayyah rack in the LK.

Suwayyahs seem to be one of the best bases for non-trap assassins... Is this correct?

What would be the dream +skills to find on one?

Are there any other bases I should rack for any types of assassin? I assume Greater claws/talons for trappers...?

Thanks!

Reactions: ffs
Thx. Lot of info there which confirms I should've racked the runic talon seed I had a lot longer.

I don't understand this though:
1620734575022.png

Does this imply that repair costs for elite claws are lower than for exceptional claws?

Also, I don't see why an explicit explanation for why Suwayyah is not the ideal base for Chaos. Is it because of slow trap-lay speed or does it require weapon speed bugging to hit the last WW breakpoint.

oooh typo - I meant Superior :)

It is the slower trap laying speed, but for PvM it will be fine. All claws that you can make Chaos in hit the last WW BP. Suwayaah is a good choice if you want to emphasise physical damage.

Reactions: snickersnack
For reference, here is what I used for my barbassin:

Chaos
Suwayyah
FalOhmUm
One Hand Damage: 160 - 214
Durability: 43 of 48
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 99
Required Dexterity: 99
Fingerprint: 0xf9aba1ba
Item Level: 85
Version: Expansion 1.10+
9% Chance to cast level 11 Frozen Orb on striking
11% Chance to cast level 9 Charged Bolt on striking
+35% Increased Attack Speed
312% Enhanced Damage
Adds 216 - 471 Magic Damage
25% Chance of Open Wounds
+1 to Dragon Flight (Assassin Only)
+3 to Lightning Sentry (Assassin Only)
+1 to Whirlwind
+10 to Strength
+15 Life after each Demon Kill
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Fal Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune
Socketed: Um Rune

I'm fairly sure that it was gifted to me, so I'm not 100% sure why this base was chosen. I will say that dFlight helps a lot (saves ~4 skill points on some builds). Durability was never an issue at all. I didn't even notice it.

I ended up using Death Sentry on this character, so the one you posted up earlier looks great to me, but I'm not 100% sure how socketing is handled with claws in 1.07. Can they even get 3?

Reactions: ziambe
You can only get 2os in 1.07, you have to forward it to the current patch for socketing.
The base damage for the claw and the stat requirements also get updated when forwarding.

Reactions: snickersnack
Here's a guide I need to re-write, there's some info on breakpoints and claw/claw combos you might find helpful

So after doing a bit of reading, it seems that there may not be an MA sin that can handle /p8 hell at a reasonable speed. I'm interested in testing a WW sin, PS sin, DC, sin and TS/DT sin. In your guys' opinion, what /p setting would be best for these builds?

Well everything is possible with enough patience, letting the merc poke stuff and naked, even at p8.

I'm my opinion, settings for feeling strong but not too easy would be:
WW - P1-3. If you use traps and Infinity you can go higher, but then as the players settings go higher you become less WW and more trapper.
PS - P3, P5 with Infinity, possibly P7. The trouble here is the speed of the charge up and consistently releasing the correct charge. If you release the Lightning charge on LIs and have to charge again you are in trouble.
DC isn’t that strong, P1-P3
TS/ DTail: P5-P7 with Lawbringer, Infinity and a load of +skills. Unbreakable FIs are the problem though, you need a strong backup for these. I went charge 2 PS, but Stormlash on switch with DTalon my be interesting.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High