Stargate SG-1 "Window of Opportunity" Mafia Game Thread (Game Over)

Just thought of something. I will have to go back.and read exactly how it went down. But, IIRC the stun effect on me and Pyro was not an item? It just got announced, like someone had PMd Gorny and its part of their PR. I remember thinking, if our baddie can stun every day, then they can just shut down the entire item selection process.

This is assuming the stun ability belongs to Malikai.. But, why wouldnt they be stunning Huck right now, with his armor piercing round? Probably becuase I shot him already, or shes floating around in space with no air conditioning?

I forgot to update the first page with links and stats, will do when I get home from work plus give a vote count at the half day point, etc.

I'd like item 3, please.

You have come into possession of a MALP unit.

You are allows to publicly ask the game mod a yes or no question.

It is possible that the game mod may or may not be able to answer this question, however.

I would like to ask the game moderator if he enjoys burritos.

Yes.

In particular, Pizza Burritos. there was a place that made them near where I lived as a kid. Really was a one of a kind thing. I have often tried to make my own but they were never the same as the Pizza Burritos that Old Len made.

Now a Pizza Noodle Burrito...that's quite tasty.

@HuckIt and @Noodle suddenly look at each other strangely and both draw weapons. Neither could get the drop on the other and both open fire at the same time. The Impact from the energy weapon Noodle employed in his attack sends Huckit flying backwards into a wall.

The hit from Huckit's P90 sends Noodle flying backwards over a railing.

Both combatants are killed instantly!

@Noodle is killed! Role: Malakai
@HuckIt is killed! Role:Jack O'Neill

The Suspense!

Currently alive:

D2Dc
Pyro

An energy weapon is found on the floor.

It seems Malakai has been revealed in a well timed twist of events!

Last edited:
As there are only two active players left and the day would normally go on until tomorrow, the town now finds itself in a unique situation (which i did not anticipate):

The town now knows who Malakai is and eventually will be able to defeat him.

If everyone wishes to end the game (it be a town win because now that Malakai''s identity is known, he cannot technically achieve his win condition) please Send me a PM ASAP.

@Noodle
@Leopold Stotch
@HuckIt
@Pyrotechnician
@D2DC
@d2lover

I've given it a bit of thought and decided to end the game in a town win. The reasoning being that the town pretty much knows who Malakai is after what happened between Noodle and Huckit earlier today. Because of that, Noodle as Malakai could no longer achieve his win condition which was a variation of a lyncher role. He was given a different target every day and had to either push for and ensure that target was lynched, or if that target was killed, he had to have a vote on that target if that target died via being killed by another. In Noodle's case, he did nothing to try and get his target lynched during the initial day phase and died because of that. This did not help the town however in defeating "Malakai" Noodle came close during subsequent days when the target he was given was killed by another player. The way the town would have won was to use the items and shoot Noodle a total of three times (weakening his forcefield a total of three times, then destroying it), which allowed the town to get to him and make him "give up". The key to it all was in the items but that first required the town to figure out Malakai's identity and then use items against him which would have weakened him. Those Items were the Colt M203 grenade launcher, Staff Weapon, Zat'nik'tel, The Asguard beam weapon. The grenade Launcher would have been random chance, the Staff Weapon needed two hits, the Zat three (in Stargate SG1 3 wits from a Zat will disentegrate something) and the Asguard beam would have been an instant take down from orbit.

The idea for this game evolved from me wanted to test a mechanic where a player (s)could possibly come back to live the next day , and a time loop was the perfect vehicle. I wanted to test the idea on the small scale versus in a large game, and if i did something like this in a bigger game, the mechanics would be refined and improved.

I'm taking a break ad will likely host a more normal game in mid September. Signup thread will go up in a few weeks. For now the floor is open to other games.

It's going to take a while for me to organize my game notes and the night and day logs and post them. Feel free to post feedback, critiques, vent your frustration or applause.

Reactions: D2DC
Yea, I like the idea of the time loop and resetting the day. However, when I saw what was required (bidding, waiting in queue, selecting items, and then using them), I had to just roll my eyes..

Our group here can barely muster a lynch vote when needed. That was a lot of hoops to jump through. The free-for-all today seemed a bit better, as the active players could actually do something.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High