SPF Goals & Objectives for 2023

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
Happy New Year, SPF!
It's time for the annual goals thread, and I figured it's good to get this up on New Year's Day. Lots of goals, only a few goals, or even just one goal, it's all good and nice to see what others have on deck for the year ahead.

My goals are fairly basic this year, beyond the main one to stay engaged with the SPF:
  • Push my Untwinked 99er Sorc Redux to 98 (she pinged 97 at the end of 2022)
  • Complete my Lesser Skills Sept (3 of 7 completed at the end of 2022) and get at least 3 characters into a forthcoming oSkill Sept
  • Finish a HC tourney Paladin (second attempt parked in A1H at the end of 2022)
  • Host RFL and MFO

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu and Silvio415
I plan on taking it easy this year, mostly focusing on what I enjoy the most: playing different builds.

1. Finish enough Pat/Mats to get Murios score over 1500
2. Compete in the RFL and MFO
3. Finish LK farming with my UT 99er amazon and try for at least level 95

And I think that's about it. Goal one should be relatively easy, as I'm almost halfway there already with 3 characters that will probably be finished within the next month or so.

• Finish a septvirate.
    • Amazon.
    • Barbarian.
    • Necromancer.
  • Get an Annihilus.
    • Find a SoJ.
  • Get 1 Torch for each class.
    • Build a Smiter for Uber Tristam.
      • Find a HoZ, for god's sake.
      • Make Grief Phase Blade.
      • Make Chains of Honor Archon Plate.
    • Amazon Torch.
    • Assassin Torch.
    • Barbarian Torch.
    • Druid Torch.
    • Necromancer Torch.
    • Paladin Torch.
    • Sorceress Torch.
  • Do some 1k Runs projects, for targets and farming spots that I usually don't do, using more varied builds.

Last edited:
Hello everybody,
here are some goals for 2023
- Finish obtaining some useful uniques : on my list are left Death Web, Death's Fathom, BK ring, Ravenlore
- Have one torch for each class : missing Druid torch
- Get my FohDin to lvl 97 at least, and maybe try lvl 98
- Compete in the various tournaments hosted in SPF
- Try and have fun with some builds I never or very seldomly played : auradin, bowazon and phoenix striker in particular are tempting me

I have a few tasks that I'd like to complete this year.

In HC, I need to get back to work on two characters I started a few months ago: Blade Fury Assassin; and Summoning Druid. Both are sitting in Hell and I should be able to finish the game with them if I play my cards right.

I think I would also like to achieve one more Mat/Pat with each class. I'm thinking of the following...
  • Amazon: Plague/Poison Javazon
  • Assassin: Martial Arts build of some sort
  • Barbarian: Double Throw
  • Druid: Fire elemental build
  • Necro: Melee / Iron Golem (already started)
  • Paladin: Undecided...
  • Sorceress: Random skill tree for each difficulty (IIRC, llama is calling this a "Rainbow Sorceress" in some recent videos... might be fun!)
Lastly, if (this is a big if!) Terror Zones and Sunder GCs become a thing in single player, then maybe I will see how high I can take my Fire Ball Sorc. I got to level 93 just running Stoney Tomb, and I could probably find it in myself to grind another level or two just in the Stoney Tomb, but I will tire of that eventually. The ability to sunder fire immunes and run various Terror Zones would add some much needed variety to the grind.

Primary goal - Finish my 1.10 Hell Forge collections. I believe I have around 38 toons left, if my Maths are correct

Secondary goal - build an elite Call to Arms with my 1.10 roonz.

Tertiary goal - With/If any runes left over, install 1.14 and build some melee runewords, namely Grief, Forti, and Exile. Currently dont have any base items other than an Archon Plate maybe, so might have to build an area runner to look for them.

Quaternary goal - Begin building up a PvM Smiterdin so I can attempt Uber Tristram once I make the jump to D2 Resurrection

1.14 (mostly SC)
  • More PvP I hope
  • Some general farming for PvP (Travincal/gambling & LK mostly)
  • If I find the motivation: Progress untwinked 99er HC Barb (still at 97.5), who remains my only HC char in 1.14 but might move to D2R. Pretty much same status/ideas as last year. :)
D2R (all HC)
  • Find Griffon's in HC ... and who knows, if Tyrael's drops in the meantime I wouldn't mind finishing HC grail before SC. ;) Been making good grail progress in D2R/HC so far.
  • Make a few Mats/Pats with new D2R builds. utilizing new runewords and buffed skills
  • Improve RFL and MFO runners and participate in the respective tournaments

I posted my 2023 goals at the end of my update on the 2022 thread. So that I can find it this time next year I'm reposting it here.

Continue the LK farming. I've got a number of runewords that I want to make.

Take ARGH to 99. I think I'm going to remove most of the MF gear and charms that I've been running with since he reached Patriarch to reduce the time it takes him to run at p8.

Build a FOH/Smite Paladin.

Build an Auradin when I finally find the runes for the gear.

Grail - Besides continuing to work on my overall and self-found Grail, I've started a new Grail - Level 99 items only. So, lots of Baal running for the next 10 years or so.

Finish the Bonemancer that was started late this summer and then put on hold by tournaments and LK runs.

Participate in more tournaments.

Quest some new characters/builds. I'm currently working on an Oath wielding melee Necro. I'm not sure what will be next.

Make Enigma in D2R. This will let me run the Pit with my berserker. The only items he's missing are Enigma and an optimized helm (chammed Shako or a good 3 socket barb helm from 1.07). Well, he also needs a 6 Ist PB, but I'll do that after making Enigma.

Make at least one RW I've never made before. CoH would be nice, but there's also Beast, Ice, Dream, LW, and many others. I see a lot of LK in my future.

Edit to add: keep on that SoJ NM Andy grind and turn that first D2R SoJ into an anni.

Last edited:
These goals threads are great, they really help me focus and help me play the game more. Here are mine for 2023:

1. 1.00. Try to establish a presence there (beat normal with a barb at least?). I want to start gambling those SoJs!

2. 1.07. Get the grail down to <10. I'm currently at -72.

3. 1.08. Try to play this version and get at least a Barb and Sorc ready to hunt for Windforce and run Trav/LK for crafts and ring rolling.

4. 1.10a. Drop a +2 all skills BK Wedding Band.

5. 1.14d. Ah, the serious goals now:
  • Finish 4th Sept, which shall consist of (though subject to change):
    • Paladin - Smiter or Tesladin
    • Necromancer - Daggermancer
    • Amazon - Ice Maiden
    • Barbarian - Throw Barb
    • Sorceress - Nova or Orbballer
    • Druid - Werebear
    • Assassin - Bladesin
  • Runeword Grail! This will be my main focus in 2023, and I want to get it down to -7 (currently at -22). I will be doing a 10,000 Travincal run project to help with this. Thread to come.
6. General goals:
  • Compete in TC3, RFL, and MFO tournaments
  • Record more of my gameplay
  • Maybe play D2R

Good luck to everyone this year!

@Silvio415 No need to gamble SoJs in 1.00, you can farm them easily from The Cow King.

Easier than playing the cocoon touch simulator in spider forest and selling winged helms for gambling money?🤓

I'll probably farm the Cow King too. I'm sure I'll get sucked into a 1.00 grail eventually.

My main goal is to get my hardcore untwinked 99er barb to 98. He's currently ~96.25.

I'm also going to do a Kings/Queens pentaverate in D2:R. Classic is a lot of fun to play untwinked.

I was thinking recently about Classic... Now you've got me thinking about it more... I don't want to add more goals to my list, it's already long enough, but perhaps I will start working on a Classic character later on.

Reactions: AntiRush
Goals are pretty simple for me since I only play D2:R now and decided to abandon the grails...

- Continue on my guardian Sept throughout the year...currently 2 Destroyers (Fire Sorc and Blade Assassin), zerk Barb in norm act 5, bone nec in norm act 4, Wind druid just starting act 2, other 2 still in act 1)

- Participate in some SPF tourneys...assuming I get some of these toons into Hell in time anyway ;)

All my goals are in D2R at the moment.
  • Finish a Sept in SC: (5/7)
    • Paladin - Uber Smiter (done)
    • Sorceress - Blizzard (done)
    • Necromancer - Bonemancer (almost done)
    • Amazon - Javazon (done)
    • Druid - Fury Druid (almost done)
    • Assassin - Kicksin (done)
    • Barbarian - Berserker (done)
  • Other SC characters:
    • Sorceress - Lightning Sorc to run Nihlathak
    • Barbarian - Since I turned my last WW barb into a Berserker for foreseeable future, I'd like another to replace him
    • Paladin - I want to make a Hammerdin to run CS. I know it's a common cookie-cutter build, but I've never made one!
    • Amazon - Bowazon
    • Something expensive like a Tesladin or Auradin
  • Guardian a character in HC
    • Currently at level 43 with a Frenzy Barb

If I enjoy playing the Hammerdin, maaaybe starting toward a 99er.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High