Sorry if already answered somewhere..

Jamie

Dec 27, 2012
Is there any particular reason that when I try to go to the ATMA installer link or the guide link that it gets a 404 error where the directory or link isn't found? In desperate need of this so I can continue mfing lol. I'm using 1.14d, if gomule works on this I could check and see if that works, but I remember reading somewhere that ATMA seems to work better for the latest patch. Thanks for any info or help.

BTW, I was trying the link the top sticky guide.

Sorry for double post. Ok I "hacked" ATMA to work and read correctly with 1.13. You can download it here: CLICK
@Thyiad The link in the sticky doesn't work anymore (on chrisclarke). I've updated the above to work with 1.13.

newatma13.png

Thanks @GalaXyHaXz, saved for future reference although I exclusively use GoMule now as it is so much faster for muling with the 'Pickup From ...' and 'Drop To ...' commands. This is invaluable when you are cubing up gems for crafting.

thank you fellers. sorry it took so long to get back.

a friend that I got playing single player as well just got gomule and said it works fine for the latest patch (1.14D I believe)

I was only trying to use ATMA because I had read somewhere that it works with new patch and I was afraid gomule didn't, but since it seems okay for him I'm going to give it a try. have way too many chars devoted to holding items and have to get someone to help me xfer all the time lol no more of that.

the guide for GOMULE also goes to a page that cannot be found.

can anybody explain or direct me to a guide for it? I have it downloaded just would like a quick explanation before I dive in. ty

Last edited:
Error
The system cannot find the path specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.checkProjects(D2FileManager.java:908)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.createMenubar(D2FileManager.java:758)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<init>(D2FileManager.java:120)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<clinit>(D2FileManager.java:70)
at gomule.GoMule$1.run(GoMule.java:96)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

this is what I get when trying to run gomule.

that isn't an option to run as administrator for this type of thing. can anybody make sense of the error I posted lol?

I put the folder in the D2 folder and try running and keep getting that no matter what I try. it doesn't have to be in the save folder does it? I just put it in the d2 folder.

one thing to note is that I changed where 1.14D diablo single player draws its save player files from back to how it was on earlier patches.

that isn't an option to run as administrator for this type of thing. can anybody make sense of the error I posted lol?

I put the folder in the D2 folder and try running and keep getting that no matter what I try. it doesn't have to be in the save folder does it? I just put it in the d2 folder.

one thing to note is that I changed where 1.14D diablo single player draws its save player files from back to how it was on earlier patches.

Shouldn't matter at all. Gomule will let you browse to your characters/stashes once it's up and running.

Your error suggests that either something's not right with your Java install and/or the program can't access a certain directory/file.

Some googling led to this: http://javarevisited.blogspot.hr/20...d-path-specified-error-in-command-prompt.html

Though it might be easier to reinstall Java. Since I haven't done much with environment variables on windows I don't know if it's safe to mess with them.

Shouldn't matter at all. Gomule will let you browse to your characters/stashes once it's up and running.

Your error suggests that either something's not right with your Java install and/or the program can't access a certain directory/file.

Some googling led to this: http://javarevisited.blogspot.hr/20...d-path-specified-error-in-command-prompt.html

Though it might be easier to reinstall Java. Since I haven't done much with environment variables on windows I don't know if it's safe to mess with them.

I went to the link you sent me in your first post and I'm downloading the java on there. I may have an older version.

I found a video in YouTube by AleraShade or something like that in which everything is explained. Between that video and this forum I managed to get GoMule working and I am so glad I did.

I am running Win7 with D2 version 1.14d. You mentioned something about moving your saves, I am not sure if this will have an impact on getting GoMule to work.

Error
The system cannot find the path specified
at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(Unknown Source)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.checkProjects(D2FileManager.java:908)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.createMenubar(D2FileManager.java:758)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<init>(D2FileManager.java:120)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.<clinit>(D2FileManager.java:70)
at gomule.GoMule$1.run(GoMule.java:96)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

this is what I get when trying to run gomule.

updated to latest java. still get this same thing everytime I try to open gomule :(

I just tried GoMule and it ran fine even when using the old save path. My guess is you might be having permission issues. UAC could be getting in the way. The Bliss Version Switcher contains a batch for dealing with this issue. I've modified the batch for GoMule. Save it as a .bat file and place it in your GoMule folder (where the .jar is). Try running the batch.

Code:
@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin
:-------------------------------------
REM  --> Check for permissions
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:gotAdmin
    if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
:--------------------------------------

start javaw -jar GoMule.jar

I just tried GoMule and it ran fine even when using the old save path. My guess is you might be having permission issues. UAC could be getting in the way. The Bliss Version Switcher contains a batch for dealing with this issue. I've modified the batch for GoMule. Save it as a .bat file and place it in your GoMule folder (where the .jar is). Try running the batch.

Code:
@echo off

:: BatchGotAdmin
:-------------------------------------
REM  --> Check for permissions
>nul 2>&1 "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\cacls.exe" "%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\config\system"

REM --> If error flag set, we do not have admin.
if '%errorlevel%' NEQ '0' (
    echo Requesting administrative privileges...
    goto UACPrompt
) else ( goto gotAdmin )

:UACPrompt
    echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    echo UAC.ShellExecute "%~s0", "", "", "runas", 1 >> "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"

"%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
    exit /B

:gotAdmin
    if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" ( del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" )
    pushd "%CD%"
    CD /D "%~dp0"
:--------------------------------------

start javaw -jar GoMule.jar

absolutely amazing dude.

I'm just having one issue now. I made the changes on the program, but when I open D2 and go on the characters, it doesn't register the changes I made.

when I go back into gomule, it shows the changes I made the previous time when I reload the characters, even though in game its where it was before I could ever even open gomule.

second time you've got stuff working for me though. very appreciative.

Sound like GoMule is making a copy of the character and saving it elsewhere. Which shouldn't be an issue since you have admin privileges. Check your Save folder for any duplicate copies of the .d2s. GoMule creates a backup save file under Save/GoMule.backup/Date.

Look for the date modified on the .d2s file. The one that matches the time you saved is the file your after.

EDIT: What operating system are you using? I use Windows 7 but newer version seem to have more issues regarding permissions. You might try this:
1) Right click the "Diablo II/save" folder
2) Click on the "Security" tab.
3) Click "Edit" permissions
4) Select your account and click "Add" if its not already added
5) Make sure the box "Full Control" is checked for your account

Sound like GoMule is making a copy of the character and saving it elsewhere. Which shouldn't be an issue since you have admin privileges. Check your Save folder for any duplicate copies of the .d2s. GoMule creates a backup save file under Save/GoMule.backup/Date.

Look for the date modified on the .d2s file. The one that matches the time you saved is the file your after.

EDIT: What operating system are you using? I use Windows 7 but newer version seem to have more issues regarding permissions. You might try this:
1) Right click the "Diablo II/save" folder
2) Click on the "Security" tab.
3) Click "Edit" permissions
4) Select your account and click "Add" if its not already added
5) Make sure the box "Full Control" is checked for your account

I'm a dummy hahaha.

I had a backed up save folder on my desktop because I had lost one of my mules last week and I didn't want to lose any other character.

I was going through that save folder instead of the one in my D2 folder.

thanks for all the help!

Loooool that stuff happens to me alot. The answer is right there and your like WTF is wrong?

Well it's good that it works. I still prefer ATMA for support of older versions. GoMule only seems to work with 1.10+. But that's not an issue if your not time traveling.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High