Socketing Question

HanShotFirst

Jan 24, 2008
Socketing Question

I just found a superior dimensional blade in A1 nm and was hoping to get five sockets in it. Does anyone what the max sockets for a dimensional blade would be if I was to use the socketing quest reward in either normal or nm? I tried to find in the answer in the knowledge and guide section but the link to "everything I wanted to know about sockets" seems to be down. If anyone could help that would be great, thanks.

Re: Socketing Question

Woah, tricky tricky question. The areas of Act 1 NM fall in the range of ilvl26-40, and ilvl41-beyond.

This means, depending on WHICH part of act1 you recieved the drop, you could have either 4 or 6 Max sockets from Larzuk. No 5 socket either way.

Meaning, if your drop was from countess levels 4 and 5, or jail-catacombs area, you can have 6 sockets max. Otherwise its 4.

Hey thanks for your help, the subject of ilvl and max sockets has always confused me and without a guide to refer to I'm completely lost. Thanks again.

No problems :) I believe that if you googled area levels, you might be able to find pages with item levels as well. There are some other sources which I use and find helpful. PM me if you want the link :)

if it is high enough to get 6 sockets then you have a chance to get 5 sockets in it using the cube formula. I only found this out the other day but Larzuk's quest will always give the maximum number of sockets, whereas the cubing formula gives a somewhat random number between 1 and the max. I did it with a bow (after wasting about 4 others which now have between 1-5 sockets) to get a four socket bow that has a max of 5 sockets. So it is possible, but kinda risky if you only have one sword as it might end up with 1-2 more or less useless sockets.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High