Single Player D2R News round up

I like most of the changes, but why would they remove ebugging? I always thought it added an interesting option for endgame. Doesn't this just dumb down the game?
I don't think removing ebugging changes much. I would have preferred it stayed in the game, but I am also ok with superior eth armors being useful again.

You would still choose the highest eth armor for mercs, and I dont see some people making less eth runeword armors over time because the defense difference isnt as large.

Not sure if it was mentioned here yet but /players settings aren't preserved from game to game, you have to retype them each new game.

Reactions: Babyhell
Three things that I noticed:

1. Sounds gets cut off for one second every few minutes.
2. Whenever purchasing something the "yes" text appears a bit lower than your mouse. For instance, if you want to buy 10 potions you can't keep clicking left mouse button constantly because you have to move the mouse lower every time to hit "yes". Thus, it's faster to buy them instantly buy right clicking.
3. I think whenever you are dying it will no longer show the players command when you set it. It will trigger but no text will appear ( for example “players set to 3” will not show ).

Now that it is live, could anyone tell me if open battlenet (or similar built in SP multiplay option) is available?
I assume not, but I still have a sliver of hope.
Bumping this question again. since that is only forbidden in the trade forum.

You got nothing on me, @maxicek. :p

I could tell you, but seeing as you bumped I won’t :p

There is no way to play Single Player characters in MP that I can see. No Open BNet, no TCP/IP :(

Last edited:
Anyone elses game keeps crashing after a few minutes playing?

edit: i discovered another mayor flaw....cain doesnt indentify items if they are in a cube anymore. this realllllly sucks imo

Is there a bug report thread on the BNet forums or anything? We need to officially report these. No guarantee it gets fixed, but no chance if you don’t report it.

I did some googling and this bug has been reported in beta XD

btw spamming /players8 in chat also doesnt work. you cant just arrow up in a new game anymore....

Reactions: Kartongen and Miron
You can Ctrl+V paste it into the chat though
yea thats true. iam slowly getting used to it. still hope they fix it so that it saves until game closes.

btw does anyone know if name locking still works? cuz i feel like it doesnt

edir: found another bug. Might merc aura tooltip says blessed aim when he clearly has the might aura activated.

Last edited:
Has there been any word on the bug regarding the poison cloud bug of the vipers at nihla?(...)
Just saw this.

Blizzard was kind enough to include the appropriate tongue-in-cheek answer directly in-game. :D (Already posted in the D2R general thread yesterday.)

Screenshot012.png

Nightmare Akara has only minor potions for me oof lmao

E: apparently this is something that already happened from entering NM too low level

Last edited:
My D2R settings were all set to low on their own after installation and I preferred to let it stay that way. I can see my PC burning when playing and I am quite worried. I haven't check the temperatures yet but it all runs smoothly so far except for the sound. I wouldn't recommend anyone playing it without meeting at least the minimum requirements.

@D2DC I haven't tested but from I what I can notice it will be same. The change becomes with just a push of a button with no delay at all which means all the D2R engine is still running beneath it. Even in legacy mode, the loading times are bad by just using the Town Portal sometimes not to mention traveling from act to act. Also, I think the legacy is quite bad compared to what we are used. It has the black bars right and left, it doesn't feel as smooth as it was and the quality seems a bit worse which is not visible in the screenshot.

Screenshot002.png

Last edited:
Reactions: D2DC
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High