Seems to be the trend . . .

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Seems to be the trend . . .

I'll intro myself as well, although I've been posting minor things for a bit.

I played Diablo I when it was out, played DII Classic on SP when it came out, and only moved to the Expansion about two years ago, 1.09 on BNet. Like so many others, I've grown irritated by the hacks, bots, and immaturity running rampant across the Realms. I realized a few months ago that I was logging onto BNet to play solo in password protected games, that I wasn't trading with anyone (I've only ever traded for one item, a Ravenfrost on USWest SC), and that I might as well move to single player.

The /Players X command and Atma alone make SP a far better environment from my perspective, and being able to reuse the same map is an incredible convenience. I've been messing around with a lightning trapsin, (level 82 SC) and was ecstatic to have NM Pindle drop Bartuc's.

Other traits:

35 years old
401(k) Plan Administrator
Southern California beach town born and bred
Act 2 defensive merc junky
Addicted to Kelpie Snare on merc for "slows target by a million" trait alone
Love playing javazons and trappers, prefer pit runs to meph
Play guitar and blues harmonica (have played in many bands)

- Noodle

Let me be the first to say welcome to the forums! Read the stickies at the top, and do watch out for the squid. It can can be a pest at times. Cheers!

Boddah_khan said:
Let me be the first to say welcome to the forums! Read the stickies at the top, and do watch out for the squid. It can can be a pest at times. Cheers!

do squids not have genders?

BTW, welcome to the happiest place on... {receives cease and desist letter from the Mouse threatening lawsuit]

err... welcome to the friendliest forum in town.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

As Boddah said read the FAQs and other stuff, and bring your trapsin dueling at some point. I need someone new to pwn me :cyclops:

HBeachBabe said:
do squids not have genders?
none of us has been brave enough to get close enough to find out, and the squid isn't telling...

Welcome to the SPF Noodle! Enjoy your stay here, and remember, if you have any char questions, dollars to doughnuts someone here has the answer (it just won't be me!)

cheers,
WJ

Hey man, good to know you.

How does your trap assain work in SP /players 8 when you get higher up? Does she still rock and what kind of equipment are you using?

Haida Bear.

I'm sure a few people are familiar with the squid's intimate details, but we'll never hear from them again...

And welcome to the forum. I think you'll find, even though it's "Single Player", there are plenty of people to trade and run with, and considerably less hacks, bots, and general immaturity. Isn't it delightful?

Haida_Bear said:
Hey man, good to know you.

How does your trap assain work in SP /players 8 when you get higher up? Does she still rock and what kind of equipment are you using?

Haida Bear.

She rocked through NM, but in Hell I've been playing mostly /Players 3. I don't have much equipment, since she's my first SP character and I don't have anything really to twink. She's still wearing Sigon's belt, boots, and gloves. A rare + to traps ammy, duskdeep helm, and rattlecage armor. I keep a wand with lower resist charges on switch for bosses, and use a lot of mind blast and death sentry. She's a lot of fun, and actually quicker than I expected.

I've been taking her slow, and have been alternating between pit and Andy runs. She just ventured into Act 2 yesterday. I found the Arm of King Leoric and Undead Crown the other day, so am thinking of starting up a Fishymancer for mf and kicks. (I love that guide. I think I've read every guide out there for both 1.09 and 1.10, and the FAQ's of course.)

Never made a barb or a necro, but have mat'd or pat'd the rest. It may be time.

- Noodle

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the SPF :howdy:

Hehheh:

"The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:"
"Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds."

Am I fast or what? :lol:

Welcome to the SPF and enjoy your stay!

I'm also growing increasingly attached to the Assassin after spending a lot of time playing mostly Sorcs and Zons. I don't know if it reflects on some weird psychological issue or what, but I seem to find the female D2 characters a lot more fun to play.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High