Run Counters - How do you view them

Run Counters - How do you view them

• Audio Cues

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Run Counters - How do you view them

I very much like the suggestion to have it not save if XP was lost (IE, there was a death) but would it also be possible to have it not save if there was no XP gain (IE, you had to take a muling break). Most people may pause during those breaks, but personally I just keep a running total of my +/- runs and adjust at the end as necessary.

As for how I do things: 22" widescreen monitor, running D2 windowed, using silo's most recent counter. Run counter in upper left corner, D2 upper part of mid center (top left overlapping bottom right of the counter) so I can see my runtimes while barely darting my eyes off D2. Like bassano, getting faster and faster and competing with other's times is a big aspect for me so the counter is always visible and constantly checked. I could do with hundreths or tenths of a second instead of thousandths, though it's not a big deal. I wouldn't want audio cues, all I'm really looking for is total runs (for the session, I keep up with my totals myself, so saved sessions wouldn't be necessary for me), current run time, average run times and fastest run time is nice, too.

I like silo's counter, but it has its faults (no need to get into it; anyone who uses it already knows).

I've never actually used my run counter to run Diablo 2....I'm not a big fan of them.

I like the sound of your changes JJ, but I'm torn between audio cues and overlay, I'm not sure which one I would prefer. Full text to speech would be awesome, especially with randomised suggestions.... "the next run will be number 800....go outside" or something more offensive ;)

You could even have drinking game mode, every 10 runs it tells you to take a shot :D

I voted for the overlay since I prefer playing in full screen whenever possible, some of the suggestions you've had sound interesting too :)

Hmm looking for a new runcounter since i cant get Silo's to work preperly since everytime I use fullscreen D2 the runcounter closes down after a few runs.

Would be cool to implement it in g15 keyboards monitor.
And maybe a small overlay in the corner is also cool esier to keep track of the numbers without alt tabbing

What I want is the run counter built into GoMule. So when I tab out to mule it will sit in the corner somewhere and tell me how many runs I did. It will also autopause when GoMule becomes focused.

It could also keep track of any new items found while running and write a post-running report complete with average run time and new items acquired.

Oh and massive respect for Silo for making gomule btw, thanks a lot dude.

Dual 1920 X 1200 monitors. /brag

Running fullscreen D2 really isn't an option because that is just too much of a stretch for 800 X 600. :(

So I have D2 window centered on my main screen, and the run counter on a RL notepad next to my keyboard. While "The Office" is playing full screen on the second monitor. :p

( I can't stand the fact that Silo's wont count the first run or any runs that you pause on. I HATE that. GoMule FTW though. )

Ok, so the results basically break into 3 groups.

1. Those who don't care to see stats while running.
2. Those who have screen real estate available for any run counter
3. Those who would like to see stats but can't while playing

Its this third group that I'm trying to do something for display-wise and there the overwhelming demand is for an in game overlay.

So, here's a demo of what I may do, I would love some feedback. (Please ignore other things that you may find odd, like not checking chest drops, I used some tricks to mock this up, the actual app isn't really this far along yet.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gyl2Rgx8Eg

That looks awesome and I would definitely like/use that.

Wow. This is great. I would use something like this 100%.
For now my counter is stopwatch on my mobile phone but this would be way better.

I'm not sure how you made that, ( heck, I don't have a clue ) but it would be nice if you can give some command to show/hide.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High