PvP Week 17

Are you going to play in PvP Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maxicek

Guide Author
Aug 5, 2005
[highlight]PvP Week 17[/highlight]

Hot on the heels of the MFO, PvP week is here again. Put all those had earned items to good use on The Blood Moor.

If you have never PvPed before, this is a great chance to get started. You can get advice on building your character, and if you are nice you may even get some gear gifted to you. So put away some of your preconceived ideas about PvP. Not everyone has amazing gear, and not everyone has amazing skills. Just give it a go.

PvP week 17 is here. Join in, make new friends. And try to kill them.

[highlight]When will PvP week be?[/highlight]
POSTPONED - Now probably end of September

[highlight]What is PvP Week?[/highlight]
I think after all the PvP weeks we have done already most people know by now. It is a week of PvP games, intended to be a friendly way to introduce new players to high level duelling. I used to write that it was non competitive, but who am I kidding? Everyone wants to win. Let’s just say it isn't a competition. If you are new to PvP but worried about getting smeared all over the Blood Moor, don’t be. Your new character may have a steep learning curve, but it is everyone’s interests that you enjoy it and keep playing. Players can split into teams to even out skill levels. Don’t expect to win every duel either though :)

[highlight]What happens in PvP Week?[/highlight]
- You will get the best idea by reading the write ups from all the previous PvP weeks - see the list at the bottom of this post.
- The idea is a PvP game, every night, for a week. You don’t have to play every night, but you can.
- PvP week is all about high level, bad manners rules duelling, hell difficulty on The Blood Moor.
- You can ask any questions in this thread or The PvP Thread
- Please make sure your characters are up to date in The PvP Thread.

[highlight]The Rules[/highlight]
- We play in 1.13d.
This may change if everyone has upgraded to 1.14 already, but currently most of the regular PvPers have not upgraded.

If you haven”t PvPed in a while, check the rules. These are quite new.

General PvP rules:
1. Mana potions are allowed for all classes (except for the ES sorceress).
1. a) It is allowed to drop potions in front of blood moor entrance. Same applies to arrows.
2. No minions that cannot be summoned in town with the exception of Decoy.
3. Replenish life is capped at 50.
4. Slow is capped at 10%.
5. Poison damage from charms is not capped at all.

Skills:
6. Banned skill are: Slow Missiles, Holy Freeze, Mediation, Prayer, Cleansing, Iron Maiden, Decrepify, Bone Prison, Life Tap and Clay Golem. Those skills are banned in any form or shape, regardless of their source. (Doom, Exile, Lawbringer etc)
6. a) Items containing banned skills charges aren’t banned but using those charges is. (Marrowwalks, Sanctuary etc)
7. Cold Mastery is capped at one point only for Blizzard sorceress class.
8. All charges from items are allowed, with exception of banned skills. (Oak from Hoto is allowed, Wolves from Crescent moon are allowed)
8. a) Lower resists from wand charges is only allowed in team duels.
9. No recasting of Cyclone Armor. You can re-cast Bone Armor though.

Absorb:
10. Maximum resists are capped at 85 without any absorb.
11. 75 resists + 20% absorb is allowed, 80 resists + 12% sorb is allowed.
12. Two Ravenfrosts are allowed as long as you have 175 cold resists or less.
13. Banned items: 1.07 LoH, Rising Sun, Blackoak Shield, Hotspurs, Thundergod”s Vigor.
14. Resistance stack is not counted as absorb.

Prebuff:
15. Call to arms can be used from stash for all classes (no buffing with any additional items, including shields; just gear you use)
16. ES can be prebuffed with maximum two items
17. Prebuff is fine for low tier pvp characters (Cold armor sorcs, wolfbarbs, fuzzydodgers etc)

[highlight]So What Is This Thread For?[/highlight]
Any questions, pre-match banter, post-match analysis, videos, screenshots, basically anything that you like related to PvP Week.

I’m not going to do a sign up table, but if you are in, please post. Especially if you can help with the hosting.

[highlight]Previous PvP Weeks[/highlight]
PvP Week 1 - no write ups
PvP Week 2
PvP Week 3
PvP Week 4
PvP Week 5
PvP Week 6
PvP Week 7
PvP Week 8
PvP Week 9
PvP Week 10
PvP Week 11
PvP Week 12
PvP Week 13
PvP Week 14
PvP Week 15
PvP Week 16

Last edited:
I might come for a few days since during that time I will be at vacation and will spend my time more actively.

Also, is it possible to change rule 9 to ALLOW recasting of both CA and BA? I think every windy player does recast anyway.

IIRC we agreed on recasting CA. I won't be playing windy without recasting, because it feels incredibly stupid.

I will play fire sorc and windy, so prepare the counters. See you.

I may re-think this if Grip is not available, seeing as he represents 25% of the active PvPers.

Depends who else expresses some interest.

I'd suggest you don't base this on my availability since I'm not really that available anymore in general. Maybe for two days a week in general, but, yea. I do think some 1v1 is a good thing, PvP is fine as long as at least two players are playing. So if you and Delsy can play, I think it is all good. I might join for a day or two, maybe Froz or someone else arrives... who knows.

We can leave it for fall or winter, as those are usually better times for games. In the end I don't think it matters though. It's three of us most of the time + mir occationally.

3 is the worst amount of players. 1v1 is ok and the fun starts at 4+. Bad times for d2 pvp. :)

I tried to install D2 but after I opened GoMule and resumed my char planning in my excel sheets I got so bored...
After years of char planning I got bored of it I guess.

The silly thing is after getting most/all gear I planned to start PvPing and practice more, but then I discovered a new game which is so much more fun to play for me, and way less buggy :/ Anyway I'll try PvPing later, I hope there will still be someone playing it.

I voted "I may drop in for a few games" but I kind of doubt that I'll try coming back to D2 so soon.

Anyway, I'll try to prepare some goodies for the active PvPers. Grip, Delsy, maxi... are Col and froz still PvPing?

I'd play but I'm on holidays from 4th to 16th august. I'd consider bringing my computer with me but internet connection would be via 3g mobile network, so yea, not a good idea for PvP :/

I would join for some forum co-op maybe, even via bnet. Not a necro this time. Not a barb though. Maybe Amazon or Sorceress.

I may postpone this until a bit later in the year and put games up over the weekend instead.

Anyway, I'll try to prepare some goodies for the active PvPers. Grip, Delsy, maxi... are Col and froz still PvPing?

I would still be active but work's been getting in the way recently. I've spent twice as much time living in a hotel for the last two months as I have at home.

August isn't great for me either, got a lot on at the weekends. September would be better, but I can stop by a couple of times for the proposed dates.

I should add that I expect I'll have a really stable host now - no one else using the connection on what seems like a reliable line.

OK, I am going to officially postpone this.

How would sometime between 19th September and 2nd October suit everyone?
I may need col's hosting at this time. We could also do a split week if it suits everyone better - Do a few days, take a few days off, do some more.

Let me know what you think.

So we discussed this in game last night, due to small pool of "regular" players and availability, we will schedule games when people are available, rather than run a whole week.

I will try to get games up more frequently though, even if it is only for an hour of 1v1.

I do think it is much better that way than to play only during pvp week. We need more hosting and more frequent games, like at least once-twice a month is fine during weekends one day or whenever players are free.

So far we had only pvp weeks and in between them pvp barely existed at all. Random 1v1 is great thing definitely and more frequent hosting would be a major change to the better in our pvp community.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High