PvP Blizzy FHR breakpoints

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
PvP Blizzy FHR breakpoints

I'm currently in the process of making a Blizzard sorceress strictly for PvP. She won't have any block (Spirit Monarch) and is going to be full vita (no ES). Because of no block, I'll be getting into hit recovery when taking any kind of high damaging attacks, thus, I need FHR.

I'll be getting most of it from Spirit (55%) and Treks (20%), and I have one Cold skiller with FHR available (12%), which gets me to 87% FHR (86% breakpoint). Here's my question, should I stick with the 87% FHR or reach 142% (for that I'd need to put on Bloodfists + 5 FHR SCs with second mods)? Would 142% be worth the gloves and charms slot?

Any help is appreciated:thumbsup:

Re: PvP Blizzy FHR breakpoints

what are your other gloves planned? (I'm guessing magefists or trangs). If you can maintain your FCR (105, right?) without the gloves, then yeah, it's not a bad idea (and bloodfists are decent). I doubt you'd want to drop one FCR breakpoint for another FHR breakpoint though.

Another FHR swap though, might be dropping the Arachnid's you're probably planning to use for a rare/crafted belt... if you found a godly belt with +str, resists, life, FHR, and maybe even some FCR, it might be worth the +1 skills and some FCR.

One more point too - I think many PvP chars will have a faster-than-6-frame attack; in which case, do you really gain much by dropping from 7 frames down to 6 if they can still out-perform your hit recovery?

... just some thoughts.

Last edited:
@poops
I think I figured it all out... Still open for suggestions though.

Nightwing's
Mara's
DF (30 fcr)
Spirit (35 fcr, 55 fhr)
Ormus (20 fcr)
Bloodfist (30 fhr)/Death's Hand
Arachnid (20 fcr)
Rares with resist/Treks (20 fhr)
Soj/Absorb
Soj/Absorb

Now, the Bloodfists and Rares with resists would be used against most casters (86% FHR), Bloodfists and Treks would be used against melee oponnents (142% FHR achievable), Death's Hand and Treks would be used against poison characters (86% FHR). That way I could alternate between 142% and 86% for various duels.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High