poofing keys?

mallemout

Jun 21, 2003
poofing keys?

Hi

I just got me an email from my wife. She was just muling around some items, dropping things on the ground. Among these were 4 terror keys from the countess. These were keys that I had found myself while doing countess runs. She drops them to the ground and they disapppear. Anyone got an idea what could have caused this? I mean, they can't be duped since I found them myself. If it is of any importance, it's on europe ladder.

cheers, mallemout

Every item have a set amount of time, where they will vanish in thin air if they are left on ground for too long without beeing touch.

Socketables and runewords time is about the shortest, within 5 minutes I believe.

That is something I know, however, that is not the case here. She drops them from the character who was holding them and they just never reach the ground, it's instant poof basically. So no lying on the ground for several minutes. That's why we're so suprised.

Dude... your wife also plays D2? Man... that's so lucky! Until now I haven't found a single girlfriend who would have anything to do with D2!
Awesome dude!

~Grim

Erm, yeah , that's right, she actually is the one that introduced Diablo to me. So yeah, I am lucky guy. Just hope I can get some explanation for what happened to the keys, since she is always the one that gets inexplainable things happening to her and I never have to things. So she wants an explanation for that and no one can give that. Must be that computers and/or Bnet hate her.

once I had a ping of 5000, didn't noticed it till I droped an item. It was gone:shocked: . 10 seconds laterer it reapeared. So maybe she had an autosave after the item was on floor and before she saw it. Then she had a CI and after rollback the keys were gone forever.

once I had a ping of 5000, didn't noticed it till I droped an item. It was gone:shocked: . 10 seconds laterer it reapeared. So maybe she had an autosave after the item was on floor and before she saw it. Then she had a CI and after rollback the keys were gone forever.

I concur. That kind of thing has happened to me a couple of times on my old computer. Basically just a serious case of lag. Unless you're wife had her ping showing? If she did what was it?

hi all,

did have my ping showing it was around 70-80 (which is normal for me). If it's higher or if it has been spiking I dont mule at all, just to be on the save side...

but as my dear hubby has said: weird stuff always happens to me.. usually not in a good way but sometimes also in a good way. for instance:

Me: "O cool, found another Pruby in that chest overthere"
Malle: "Pgems don't just drop anywhere!!"
Me: "euhh well.. it just did" :shocked:

mrs. malle

*grimsleeper I'm flattered.. :cloud9:

Hey, I lost 6 Tkeys that way one time. I was muling with a friend, and stopped to chat while everything was on the ground. A few minutes later: GONE! Vanish timer ran out on them. I was spewing, but I got over it.

RE: Ping. My connection must suck, mine averages 250... on a good day.

Anytime you mule on the ground there's a risk of loss. If you have 2 computers (if you don't already, you really should!) you can use the trade window to move important stuff between characters, like keys.:rolleyes:

Mr. Mallemout: A super big congrats on finding and marrying a woman that plays D2. My wife puts up with my playing only becuase I TP to town and come running to her side whenever she calls. Been married almost 16 years:cloud9: , how about you two?

Dude... your wife also plays D2? Man... that's so lucky! Until now I haven't found a single girlfriend who would have anything to do with D2!
Awesome dude!

~Grim
I hope it's not your criteria for choosing your girlfriend :grin: !
Btw, I still have to introduce my wife to D2. At least, she lets me play, even if sometimes she just doesn't understand how I can be so interested in a bunch of scary pixels (yes, she founds D2 too bloody and scary :grin:. I guess she never saw me playing Doom3 yet :badteeth: ).

pgems can drop from forge and occational gem shrines

IIRC you're guaranteed a single pgem from forge.

pgems only drop from gem shrines when you have a flawless gem in your inventory. It upgrades the flawless one that you have, and it drops from where you stand, not the shrine. Test it out by using Telekinesis to activate a gem shrine from far away.

First you said you dropped them, then you said they never touch on the ground. That confuses me. Dropping means putting them on the ground, so did you drop them or didn't you ? How did you exactly pass the keys from one character to the other ? What exactly happened in which order ?

Issues like these often suffer from a lack information, something which you have forgotten completely or which you didn't notice. Regarding the pgem, perhaps you clicked on a gem shrine and for some reason the incident was saved in your brain as a click on a chest or the shrine was next to a chest or you confused the shrine with a chest which might happen easily in act 5. I'm not meaning to question your mental sanity, but the human brain simply is like that, blending out details which have been considered as irrelevant at the time of saving them in your memories. It's a good idea to generally doubt anything which is just based on memories, at least to doubt it a little. Next time make a screenshot :wink3:

That's still better than the other way around, isn't it ?

First you said you dropped them, then you said they never touch on the ground. That confuses me. Dropping means putting them on the ground, so did you drop them or didn't you ?

well, things dissapear on bnet from time to time

1. a friend of mine logged in and it turns out all of his barbs gear was gone, inventory still there (he was not hacked or anything, only valuable things were in his stash and inv). the rest of his acc intact ofc. and it was from game to game, in 1 game he has it in the next one he does not

2. a friend of mine was muling for a friend and on the way to the ground (he dropped them but they never dropped) faith gmb and shako dissapeared

ofc, I have no idea how that happened but both of them are trusted, known IRL for quite a while and these stories were not made up. Perhaps it is some kind of lag combined with rollback?
Mike

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High