Planning out a Fury Wolf Druid . . .

Noodle

Jul 18, 2003
Planning out a Fury Wolf Druid . . .

I've been giving some thought to building a werewolf, and can't decide on what weapon to use. I have a limited stash, but some fairly useful items.

I'll probably go with Rattlecage as armor, Harlequin Crest for a snappy chapeau (chicks dig guys with hairy backs and bright green bonnets), and Sigon's belt and shoes b/c I don't have anything better, and a little FRW is always nice.

As I alluded to before getting sidetracked, I'm having trouble deciding on a weapon. I thought maybe Buriza for the cold + physical, but I have a WWS, which is intriguing. Then, of course, there's the Ribcracker I have propping the door open. It seems a shame to not use it. Maybe the Ribcracker as primary, with a bow on switch to deal with Iron Maiden?

I appreciate your time.

- Noodle

Go with the ribcracker :) Its most likely the ultimate PvM WW weapon, if upgraded.

Ribcracker is a definate choice IMO, 's what I'm using on my Fury wolf right now (thanks Solo), and it really does tear things up in normal, aint progressed to nm yet, but I'd imagine it'd be much the same there :D

Great - thanks for the speedy and useful responses! Any other advice you can render from playing your wolf would be greatly appreciated.

- Noodle

Max out all sources for extra life, running around shamelessly with over 3-4k life with just plain decent gear is something to be reckoned with.
You would be wise to put a few extra points into feral rage, just for the added life leech. Charge it up fully, smack some things with Fury for a while, whack another thing with Feral within 20 seconds and repeat. An easy setup for this would be to have Fury on left click and Feral on right.

I wish I could give advice.. it's the first druid I ever played.. finding it real fun though, not having any life problems at the moment, even with base vit, but then, still being in normal, it's hardly suprising, I dont expect it to get bad til mid NM or so.

I agree with Solo, upgraded Ribcracker just tears things apart. One with good ED% can easily get over 400 average dmg. Plus it sounds cool when you whack things with it.

Only bad thing about it is that you won't be able to hit 4 frame fury with it; an extra 5% IAS on the weapon itself brings you down to 5 frames, but you need another 30% or so to get to 4 frames, if the speed calculators out there are accurate. IIRC, fury only counts IAS that's on the weapon, not from other gear.

Btw, would a bow on switch actually help with IM? I was under the impression that if you fury with a bow, it's still a melee attack. Either way, I think it'd be wise to keep the WWS on switch, if for nothing else then for the chance to cast amp to deal with PI's.

My bad . . .

kabal said:
Btw, would a bow on switch actually help with IM? I was under the impression that if you fury with a bow, it's still a melee attack. Either way, I think it'd be wise to keep the WWS on switch, if for nothing else then for the chance to cast amp to deal with PI's.

Ah - I should have been more specific - I meant I would shift back to human form, maybe cast a grizzly on top of the Oblivion Knight, and plink away. WWS' magic arrow seems awfully convenient, and the amp damage is always nice.

I'm getting excited about this - guess I'll concentrate on finishing up the matting of my trapsin, and shoot for Sunday to start working on the wolf.

- Noodle

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High