Pavke discovered a way to get /p7 loot out of /p1 monsters - meta-shattering discovery

BullHorn

Aug 30, 2021
Pavke posted his discovery on Reddit, you can see his full post here. He did 20000+ Travincal runs to confirm this isn't placebo.

Here's an example video of the run courtesy of Pavke: https://www.reddit.com/link/171n8ms/video/bkti7evu8nsb1/player

Step by Step:
1) Set /players 1
2) Approach the enemies you want to kill in order to activate them
3) Teleport at least 1 screen away and wait 5 seconds for them to de-activate
4) Set /players 7
5) Kill the enemies, get your /p7 loot from enemies with /p1 health.

You can read his post for additional information and the backstory of how this was discovered.

Last edited:
Well. Hello there! :)
Didn't know it will be shared that fast here. I had the whole draft ready for PureDiablo too. I did 10000 runs by the way

Yes, in short, those are the steps. interestingly, no one bothered to test this before.

Here is the video of "Advanced Trav run"

I've seen monsters retaining low player settings(just hp really), but drops honestly never crossed my mind. Does this work by adding additional characters in game instead of just /playersettings? My guess is it does, but did you test it by any chance? This does have some implications for early patches and looks cool, but I'm not sure how to implement it and how much time it would actually save. How long does this hold? For example, if you do the steps and come back 1h later, would it still work?

Does this work by adding additional characters in game instead of just /playersettings? My guess is it does,
You mean TCP or Online? I don't see why it wouldn't work. Didn't test it sry
This does have some implications for early patches and looks cool, but I'm not sure how to implement it and how much time it would actually save.
More testing for old patches is needed. My info tells me this works form 1.10
How long does this hold? For example, if you do the steps and come back 1h later, would it still work?
It should work. HP/dmg/exp are saved differently and whenever you engage the monster it loads current player count for NoDrop calculations

I despise that this exists and I hope it gets fixed. It promotes janky gameplay like seal popping except everywhere in the entire game. People will now constantly need to consider if the best option is doing this weird procedure for all their farming routes which seems like the opposite of fun to me. It's also sort of analogous to spawning monsters /p1 then going /p7 to pop chests exclusively, but in a much more global way. not the game I want to be playing.

sorry pavke I know I've made it abundantly clear in the reddit thread as well - It's not that I don't like your work here it's that I don't like that this is how the game is, and I personally won't be using it.

Last edited:
What is the impact on experience yield? Sorry, at work and can’t read the entire write up at the moment.

There are enough builds that can clear or even obliterate /p7 that it makes little to no sense to go the trouble of loading all the monsters first.

Besides maybe a nifty boast to a boss kill on a playthrough, scratch that, i cant think of any use for this in 1.10+

Fun to know about though 👍 @Pavke

Interesting read. I didn't see any comparisons to straight P3 Trav running, which is the players setting that most top runners here use in Trav.

@Pavke How does P3 Trav Barb with 75% FI compare? My last go at Trav running was here, with 2113 runs over a 20 hour set. That's about 34 seconds per run.

There are enough builds that can clear or even obliterate /p7 that it makes little to no sense to go the trouble of loading all the monsters first.

Besides maybe a nifty boast to a boss kill on a playthrough, scratch that, i cant think of any use for this in 1.10+

It could make a big difference if you are untwinked

Interesting read. I didn't see any comparisons to straight P3 Trav running, which is the players setting that most top runners here use in Trav.

@Pavke How does P3 Trav Barb with 75% FI compare? My last go at Trav running was here, with 2113 runs over a 20 hour set. That's about 34 seconds per run.
You can do 7060 runs (P3 75% hork) at 34sec in same amount of time you can do 10000 runs (cheese P7) at 24sec.
That gives you these results:
1696711233512.png
Hork is better

Thanks.
About usefulness, yeah, its not very useful outside of Travincal. But for Trav, unless you are Hork Barb, doing P1+5sec should be better than doing straight P7 runs for most builds and early starting chars

Reactions: Jpy and Nano
More testing for old patches is needed. My info tells me this works form 1.10

From RobbyD's 1.09 guide:
SuperUnique drop bug - if you spawn a SuperUnique, and then leave the spawn radius and return, that monster's drop calculation will be reset to Bishibosh's drops.

Unfortunately, this limits the utility in 1.09, unless you want players 64 Bishibosh drops. I do wonder if there's a viable way to juice Meph's drops to p64 before killing him, but IIRC p64 + SF is buggy enough that you won't get much benefit time-wise.

>>More testing for old patches is needed. My info tells me this works form 1.10

I'm curious, is the info specifically that it doesn't work before 1.10, or is the info that it was found in 1.10+ (because that's version all modders use) and no one has looked at code pre 1.10 to see? I'm guessing the latter.

Interesting trick, but I can't think of any general use case for it and it would be more specific to certain style of gameplay (like single pass full clear) because well equipped builds will clear most things at p7 fast enough already. That's my hunch at least, of course if hard data disagrees then I'll agree with whatever the result is and play how I like anyway :)

Perhaps it would make Piles Of Money blizzard sorceress farm gold faster at trav... I don't know how her kill speed is at p7 vs p3 vs p1.

Reactions: entwilighter
>>More testing for old patches is needed. My info tells me this works form 1.10

I'm curious, is the info specifically that it doesn't work before 1.10, or is the info that it was found in 1.10+ (because that's version all modders use) and no one has looked at code pre 1.10 to see? I'm guessing the latter.
It has to do with STAT_MONSTER_PLAYERCOUNT stat. 1.09 didn't have it. So in 1.09 you don't have to activate-deactivate the monsters. Just spawn monsters at P1 and swtich to P7 and get the loot. STAT_MONSTER_PLAYERCOUNT stat was added in 1.10 to prevent that, but it didn't fully work like we see. I only tested for 1.14d and can confirm it works there, but I didn't test 1.10.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High