Partial lvl 85 running

Nona

Jan 13, 2021
I was curious if this would be viable for MFing, my guess is that clearing all the bosses in a zone is better (especially for those with sub 1min run times) but I wanted to at least bring it up. I have my untwinked fledgling necro in ACT 1 Hell. He has a waypoint in the blackmarsh that is very close to the Pit (and countess for that matter). I have only done a handful of pit runs so far. The map is not a great one for long term running, however just to the right of the entrance, I encounter boss packs very frequently, usually 2, and sometimes a champion pack with them. With one tele I have access to another boss pack as well. The rest of the pit provides some bosses too though has a lot of arms to it. It got me thinking, has anyone tested a strategy of running just a partial lvl 85 area if the waypoint and boss packs are close to the lvl entrance?

I've had a few "short" AT maps which would have been great if it wasn't for Save & Exit lag. Other people had similar results when they tried running the pit or WSK quickly. Unfortunately, with S&E lag these quick runs couldn't even match the regular ones, let alone surpass them in efficiency.

However, S&E lag is also strange and doesn't seem to happen consistently for everyone. It might be worth individually testing each type of run before making any conclusions.

I had a variant of this with my 99er assassin. She had quick access to pit and a short arm to level 2 with 3-ish pack average. Even at high level, it was reasonable XP, and lag wasn't too bad when I went to level 2, less than a minute per run. And that was before I had implemented S&E lag improvements, so I think it's likely a viable XP route (not max efficiency probably, but a reasonable option) with a good map and no S&E issues.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High