Optimal Untwinked Larzuk

BullHorn

Aug 30, 2021
You got 3 chances to add a socket to an item. Which 3 items do you Larzuk with each character?

Really depends on how your playing.

I'll use none of them since I'm saving them. For what? I don't know.

If that sound like a joke, you should see my GoMule stashes. I only recently stopped picking up low runes. It's an exercise of willpower for me to leave a even an el on the ground.

Yep agree with Baby Hell and Vang

I will give you examples

In single pass I will usually reserve Normal and NM quests for endgame gear. Hell quest usually comes too late to make much difference to the gear

For untwinked I will keep the Hell quest for end game gear especially if a find a good map for the char and don't want reroll it

Last edited:
Generally speaking, those sockets are not used at all during questing. They are almost always saved for end-game unique items that are 'Best in Slot'.
This is (again, generally speaking) almost always after Hell Baal has been killed and the character has moved on to magic finding their dream gear.

So, instead of wasting a socket quest on a 4os polearm to get Insight as early as possible without cubing- a player will generally save it for their Nightwing's Veil so they can put a cold facet or something in it.

There are three types of items that can ONLY be socketed with Lazurk; Unique items, Set items, and Magic items. White items can be socketed with rather affordable cube recipes and Rares can also get a single socket via the cube by sacrificing a Stone of Jordan.

It is worth noting that it isn't a big deal unless you don't mule items. If you use GoMule (or shared stash in D2R) it takes very little effort to just run a character through Normal, transfer over whatever you want socketed, and then send it back via stash.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
My first-ever use came just a couple of days ago... I picked up a white Long Sword in the Normal Cows run with my Orballer and had Larzuk socket it. Now level 46 in A1Nightmare with a Spirit sword in hand. Good times.

(Of course, I picked up a 4os long sword in the Blood Moor on the way to pick up the Cold Plains waypoint... Oh well. I would've just saved it for nothing anyway.)

My first-ever use came just a couple of days ago... I picked up a white Long Sword in the Normal Cows run with my Orballer and had Larzuk socket it. Now level 46 in A1Nightmare with a Spirit sword in hand. Good times.

(Of course, I picked up a 4os long sword in the Blood Moor on the way to pick up the Cold Plains waypoint... Oh well. I would've just saved it for nothing anyway.)
To be fair, Spirit is MUCH less of a waste than many other uses at that point. If you twink new characters, that sword'll last you a long, long time.

Reactions: jamesixgun
I played a lot of self found strafers the past year.

Normal quest would go to any rare bow with 50% ED, Amp damage and mana leech.

Nightmare quest would go to any rare bow with 200% or more ED and Amp damage. Preferably also with mana leech.

Hell quest would be saved forever. But none of my strafers made it to Larzuk in hell, so I haven't thought about it as much.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High