One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks - just my ignorance. trying it out and will probably stick with 1.14

still getting used to it, but it is nice to not have stuff landing in the bonfire 👀
grats on the sur youre really blastin

That's so interesting abridged you should report back with what you prefer after you've done it for a while - like I am kind of curious after hearing that items dropped out that far if it would actually be beneficial for like sorting through items and making sure you don't miss anything because when they're close together then sometimes not all can appear on screen, if they're spread out more maybe it's easier to check them all?

Reactions: snickersnack
From a random monster in the Nightmare Catacombs:

IjhwtIY.png

I think that's only the second green amulet I've seen since coming back.

So, third torch. First was sorc 18/16, next was druid 16/11 but I wanted one with paladin skills, or even for my lvl 42 necro when he comes of age. Got lucky, but not in the way I had hoped:
2021-11-11.png

I decided to switch to Pindle runs, despite the 6 second load screen. I'm eager to find Tal's armor, so it wouldn't be profitable to visit Mephisto (who cannot drop it) for the other stuff I need, as it will probably drop before Tal's, and yes it did! Run #17 today:

1636664025372.png

Time to put my 3 ptopaz crown away (seen at the right top of the screenshot)!

You are aware that you can move and switch skills during the load screen? 6 second load screen probably can be reduced to 3 or even 2 seconds delayed run time. Running pindle myself for tal armor, RW bases from minions, and exp. And other stuff meph can't drop, but I want to have for grail purposes. Got a Steel Carapace today, along with a BKWB - which fits very well on my hammerdin's finger!

You are aware that you can move and switch skills during the load screen? 6 second load screen probably can be reduced to 3 or even 2 seconds delayed run time. Running pindle myself for tal armor, RW bases from minions, and exp. And other stuff meph can't drop, but I want to have for grail purposes. Got a Steel Carapace today, along with a BKWB - which fits very well on my hammerdin's finger!
Yes, I'm trying to get used to that. In the old game, only one key press is possible IIRC, is it still like that in D2R?

Switching skills can be done while running anyway and there's plenty of running through the town when doing Pindle runs. Also, I'm sure that good FRW boots (like Aldur's or Natalya's) would give a greater benefit than my current rare 25% MF boots with no FRW because of all that running in town and her Skullder's slows her down as well. I'm not much of a friend of having specialized gear for each target, however.

Anyway, Pindle becomes boring quickly, so I changed back to the Tunnels where she is teleporting all the time, to position the merc. I'm still in "full clear" mode and doing it at /p3, even though it doesn't make the bosses drop more, because I still need socketables, so I will get more non-magical stuff from the others.... and more exp as well. She's L91 now and I want her to be L93, so she always has a chance on +2 to skills when crafting gambled amulets.

BTW, if you have a 16:9 screen, the perfect teleportation procedure to Pindle is to place the mouse pointer at the very right top. Two teleportations will bring you right into the bottom corner of the passage which is pretty much the safest place you can have there.

Edit: 16:9, not 16:10.

Last edited:
You can weapon swap and change skill(s) so more than one key press. Also, act 4 town wp is now in TK range, which was not the case in D2L - that speeds up things slightly, but the load time for switching act is not helping.

Found another Carrion Wind!

Q1carrionwind.png Q1carrionwindR.png

In my brain, I hear this item's name pronounced like it rhymes with "marryin' blind," because, you know, it's a ring, so it "winds" around a finger. But I had another thought: do others imagine it pronounced like it rhymes with "whirlwind," because, you know, it proc's twisters and poison nova gas?

grats on the sur youre really blastin

That's so interesting abridged you should report back with what you prefer after you've done it for a while - like I am kind of curious after hearing that items dropped out that far if it would actually be beneficial for like sorting through items and making sure you don't miss anything because when they're close together then sometimes not all can appear on screen, if they're spread out more maybe it's easier to check them all?
So I think most of the differences are a matter of preference in normal cases. I do think it's a little easier on the eyes with the new version to actually read the text

In terms of cleanup, 1.14 is easier; instant gold pick-up makes a big difference. and if you need to pickup pots, they are all closeby

The main difference I think is in the edge case. While it's still very obvious when not all the items are displaying, I don't think I've ever seen the orange 'flash' of a rune, in the new version. I have had a few times where there was a rune, but I only knew about it after cleaning up. In 1.14, I see orange before the text is pushed off screen. So from a peace of mind stand point, in the new version I have to spend a little more time in cleanup to make sure I haven't missed anything sometimes, where in 1.14 cleanup is quicker and you get orange flash assist

• Love
Reactions: NorthDakota
You can weapon swap and change skill(s) so more than one key press. Also, act 4 town wp is now in TK range, which was not the case in D2L - that speeds up things slightly, but the load time for switching act is not helping.
You can also run to the WP during the load screen, run to the chest, run to the vendor. I do that when running a5pindy.
Red portals can be TKd as well which is nice. Even Meph’s. Think the range is a”circle radius from where the bridge starts “

I'm ultra paranoid about missing something these days. I was recording some LK runs for fun like I do, and I was watching through the recording and noticed an ultra fast orange flicker from one of the chests. I had to go through frame by frame to see it, luckily it was an ort rune but I thought I saw it being an OHM rune. made me realize I'm probably missing things at least some of the time, in spite of being more careful than I was in the past. FIngers crossed blizz will add a native loot filter in the future XD

Oh yeah, forgot about the portals. That is SO sweet, and probably makes my D2R pindleruns faster than my old ones. Meph runs maybe too, but I haven't been doing those much in old D2.

Off topic, I know. Gonna grab a beer and look for some keysets, BRB with 20/20 pala torch!

EDIT: Barb 14/11... not even worth a screenie.

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO:
:LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: Zyr and Babyhell
Can't really imagine losing a HC character just like that!

So, after using my pre-existed keys and not being satsified with the rolls I started my own marathon for torch farming.
I am aiming for 90 Keys of each kind so that would lead to a total of 270 keys, resulting in 30 Torches.

So far:
Keys of Terror: 6
Keys of Hate: 30
Keys of Destruction: 0

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SevenArkZ
The main difference I think is in the edge case. While it's still very obvious when not all the items are displaying, I don't think I've ever seen the orange 'flash' of a rune, in the new version. I have had a few times where there was a rune, but I only knew about it after cleaning up. In 1.14, I see orange before the text is pushed off screen. So from a peace of mind stand point, in the new version I have to spend a little more time in cleanup to make sure I haven't missed anything sometimes, where in 1.14 cleanup is quicker and you get orange flash assist
I've seen the orange flash in D2R. In that case, though, there were actually two runes, a Tal sitting front and center, and a wily Sur hiding in the corner.

• Wow
Reactions: Babyhell
Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High