Off-topic in the OTF

Any Tobacco smokers here?
Former. Pipe smoker (aromatic tobaccos) and chronic cigar chomper. I vape occasionally to get that lung-filling sensation that I miss. No nicotine in that though.
I've used chewing tobacco & cigars because both are part of the American military culture, but the high is negligible. Dunno if marijuana would be worthwhile, but I wouldn't want to smoke it in any event.
I don't know if you have experience with cannabis or not but the high is completely different from a nicotine buzz. If you're thinking of trying it, I would actually recommend smoking it as you will have pretty firm control over how much THC you're taking in. You can move on to edibles once you have some experience with what a marijuana high feels like.

I probably got a second hand high from my college roommates, but that's about the only experience I've had with cannabis and I've no desire for more.

As for alcohol, I think the hardest I ever had was a bottle of apple cider I got as a Christmas gift one year, which I drank over the course of a week. Had an alcoholic relative who, lets just say that was enough to convince me to steer clear of the stuff. That and one look at the bathroom after one of the aforementioned roommates decided to give himself alcohol poisoning. 🤮

I'm sure I would have. But this argument carries absolutely no weight whatsoever. You know darn well that those two companies in particular have no moral authority right now. They selectively enforce their rules based on political ideology and frequently can't even point out any specific rule violations.
Twitter points out mine just fine.

I just got off a week's ban. Banned me 2 mins after posting and a couple mins after that I appealed and not even a minute later they emailed back and said nope, ban stands. I wasn't posting misinformation, however.

You think they banned Trump only because he isnt President anymore?

To me it looks like a threat to Biden.

In the form of: we have houseright, so you either play along or can GTFO.
When Trump was banned he was still the president. I don't think Biden has to worry about being banned. I doubt he will lead an insurrection that results in many deaths, the storming of the Capitol and attempted lynching of his vice president.

Biden can barely tie his own shoes anymore. If he gets a Twitter ban, it will be because he said something they didn't want him to. Something like "And now I'll be happy to take some questions."

I just got off a week's ban. Banned me 2 mins after posting and a couple mins after that I appealed and not even a minute later they emailed back and said nope, ban stands. I wasn't posting misinformation, however.
Yes, funny how "misinformation" is always anything that questions the democrat party line, whether it's a matter of opinion or cold hard facts.

Oh, by the way, I happened to see this just the other day:

Last edited:
Reactions: jmervyn
Maybe technically, but wasnt the election counted already? (the votes i mean)
He was still the sitting president. Thing is, even if what they were saying about him were true, which it isn't, the act of silencing a sitting president still sets an increadibly dangerous precedent.

The people who determine how Twitter operates its propaganda operation work for the same people who are in charge of the Office of The President of the United States.

A genuine conflict between Biden and Twitter is unthinkable.

• Love
Reactions: jmervyn and Glurin
The people who determine how Twitter operates its propaganda operation work for the same people who are in charge of the Office of The President of the United States.
Sadly true. It's been pointed out in the past that a very disproportionate number of people working at the upper levels in these social media companies are in fact former lobbyists and staffers and whatnot for Clinton, Obama, and other prominent democrats. When they say they've got a politically diverse range of opinions represented in their company, what they mean is they've got Clinton voters, Biden voters and Sanders voters.

Praise Biden from who all freestuffz flow, I suppose. I find it hilarious that 90% of Proggies believe he's doing a fantastic job, including curing the U.S. of Covid-19, because of course the Trump Administration didn't do anything about it & didn't even leave them a plan to fight the pandemic.
Trump didn't want to take any responsibility...he said as much. Why should we feel obliged to give him any credit?

Last edited:
So why are the police lego men all clean shaven but the robbers all have 5 o'clock shadows and chest hair?

No it's not.
Patently False.

Perhaps your perspective is different due to being outside of CONUS? Twitter, Facebook, & the rest are aimed at suppression & coercion of an American audience.

They really don't give a flying leap what Europeans think. I'd be offended if I were in your shoes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glurin
I don't know if you have experience with cannabis or not but the high is completely different from a nicotine buzz. If you're thinking of trying it, I would actually recommend smoking it as you will have pretty firm control over how much THC you're taking in. You can move on to edibles once you have some experience with what a marijuana high feels like.
I don't, though technically it's not true. My older sister, an aspiring hippy, got me high when I was underage, with the result that I urinated all over the floor.

I can't do any "exploration" until laws are changed, but I'm torn about legalization in any event. I consider the "War on Drugs" pointless & worse than futile, while knowing damn well that modern Americans are too damn immoral & irresponsible to not be worse than the historical example of China's opium dens.

As long as there are vile parasites who rely on taxpayer largesse to coddle their irresponsibility, there's no happy solution.

Reactions: Glurin
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High