new patch and how will it affect the amazon

superdave

Mar 14, 2004
new patch and how will it will affect the amazon.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644778&sid=3000

- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.

discuss.

Last edited:
Re: new patch and how will it affect the amazon

Lowering the torch proc % is good news and so is much else in the official list.

Not sure how immolation arrow will fare after with these boosts, the cooldown may still be too much I'd guess, but lets log onto the test realm and try it! :thumbsup:

Too bad I have exams starting monday ... :rant:

i still have high hopes that they may add a fend fix before the patch is officially released.

maybe if enough people ***** on the beta forum, they will also look at changing immo arrow's cooldown...it still looks like a broken build even with the improvements above

Torch Proc is good. Maybe now we can use one in mp games.

But Im not sure if I like the IM gone... It favoured the amazons(and aother ranged attackers) in the CS.

ya iam not totaly happy with IM being gone but i like not haveing my merc die....

what i really dont like is the respec thing..

I'm not happy with the changes, simply because there isn't enough. In addition to Fend, I would like a touch up on Impale too. And I would like the AR% on arrow skills bug to be fixed. And maybe the Penetrate-BA bug too.

I've been screwing around with an Immolation 'Zon, and although she handles way better than before, it's still somewhat lacking. :\

Not sure how immolation arrow will fare after with these boosts, the cooldown may still be too much I'd guess, but lets log onto the test realm and try it! :thumbsup:

They have made an attempt to fix the skill, I'm quite sure they will continue and change things untill it's good enough. Changing damage isn't all that hard, so I have good hope.

Too bad I have exams starting monday ... :rant:

Yeah, me too. I'm stuck learning till February.

I'm a bit disappointed though. They could have fix much more things with minimal effort. Like the poison skill, still seem very useless to me. And hammerdins will still be overpowered.

P.S. And no new items or crafting recipes? :snif:

The patch seems to favor a meta towards melee... No more Iron Maiden, easier to find runes for powerful endgame runewords, more damage for Barbs via masteries (which they max anyway), so I would predict melee can make a strong comeback in 1.13 - higher damage and higher survivability.

Among casters/ranged damage, the boosts to Fire skills seem pretty much useless/dartboard stuff - who cares if we do 1000% more Fire damage, but enemies still have high/unbreakable Immunities to it? Hydra sorcs may become strong in PvP though. Immo Arrow is still on a timer which is what kills the skill, IMHO.

Javazons went up in power relatively with the nerf to Light Sorcs and Hammerdins, which is cool. Slower teleports, but good damage to make up for it, seems like a fair trade off.

Nothing too good for Bowazons, with physical melees running rampant in IM-free CS and WSK, and our damage wasn't boosted. However, we will hopefully have an easier time affording end game gear which we rely so much upon with high runes dropping more often - Forti, Faith, Pride, etc, and possibly be able to use torches again without dropping games (5% proc rate still high for amazons though, lol).

I'd love to see how a Spearazon would do in CS with IM out of the way, though. :)

what i really dont like is the respec thing..

I liked a lot. I don't use baalruns exp, so getting lvl85 2-3x faster now is big plus. At least start of ladder that gives good speed boost for certain builds.

Leveling from 1-40 or even 80... is much much faster now by using those low level skills that are useless later in hell. With those skills almost any bow is viable to run through norm/nmare.

For example I can start (start of ladder,untwinked) physical bow-ama with skills like Fire-arrow, Explosion Arrow and Jab (using high str and vit to survive). Then later change to high dex build using multi/strafer when good bow drops.

*) that explosion arrow is overpowered in norm/nmare (and even in some areas in hell too) so leveling bow-ama is much faster now. If multiple respects are allowed at low level, then changing to FA after lvl30.

If multiple respects are allowed at low level, then changing to FA after lvl30.

its seems to be only with den of evil quest so 3 respecs
ya it will be handy for lvling and now you will be able to respen when you get your endgame gear which will be handy for pvp players but not such a big deal for pvm

i spose there is no real point in complaining though its not like i HAVE to use it, i can still make new charas if i want to change build ^^

i was thinking the lower light damage that sorcs get does that effect Act3 Lighting mercs?
edit: just looked again and Reduced overall effect by 15% to lighting mastery so shouldnt effect light mercs damage

Last edited:
Re: new patch and how will it will affect the amazon.

http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730644778&sid=3000

- Hellfire Torch Firestorm proc rate has been reduced to 5%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased radius of Explosion effect by 33% and Immolation effect by 50%.
-Immolation Arrow - Explosion effect damage increased by 20%.
-Immolation Arrow - Increased base duration by 33%.
- Removed Oblivion Knight's Iron Maiden curse.

discuss.

I am glad Iron Maiden is removed since its boring (and expensive) to go to town and resurrect my javazon's infinity merc when doing Chaos and Worldstone keep. Way to go Blizzard!

The only bad thing about the patch seems to be some monsters are nerfed. Willowwisps and fire enchanted monsters supposedly claimed so many victims among the community Blizzard had to pacify them by reducing their damage. Kinda sad since I think those Black souls really keep me on my toes in the Worldstone keep.

They only nerfed the damage for Black Soul champions/uniques. However, their bugged damage was not fixed, at least not in the current PTR.

This means that if you're not well geared in the Lightning resistance department, a pack of 5 or 6 souls could still GG your 'Zon.

Lets not forget dolls....little fast exploding dolls.

I think that the pure elemental Bowazon will be much, much, more viable with the buff to Immolation Arrow.

FA to freeze, IA to deal massive damage to the frozen targets. Works like a charm with IA's drastically increased radius. The timer honestly becomes a moot point with Freezing Arrow working so well.

I will definitely try cold/fire bowazon build at the start of new ladder. If it dissapoints me than there's always a chance to respec to FA/Java or something

It was a good thing that fend sucked so much that you wouldn't have to worry about dying from iron maiden. But now your just throwing fake shots and you wish that they would actually do damage:whistling:

They should nerf zealots since they like screwing over melee zons so bad.

Like the Immolation Arrow buff though, I'll redo my magezon:thumbup:

Bring back Life Leech!!
Bring back cows!!

Any reduction to proc is great but I dont see 5% making a big difference
Nerfing sorcs LM just makes builds like Nova & CB that much more useless. Id love to see those skills get a dmg increase.
The boost to fire dmg for sorcs/zons isn't going to make much of a difference.
Adding a better drop rate to items,hr etc could reduce botting so i'm all for it.

I'm not to excited about the patch...guess its nice we at least have a date.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High