New Mp group in Legacy D2 1.14d

MP group, nice! Haven't got too much time anymore though :( Does anyone do new characters at all anymore? Also haven't got a widowmaker. I'm useless. GLHF finding a party :)

Reactions: d2lover
I'm not really going to have time until after Christmas. I think I have to do a Necro and a Sorc still for the sept, so in January more likely.

Not sure about the GA idea, seems a bit one dimensional to me. Also it sucks on Barb, Necro & Druid where you have no real means to boost the damage.

Reactions: d2lover
I'm not really going to have time until after Christmas. I think I have to do a Necro and a Sorc still for the sept, so in January more likely.

Not sure about the GA idea, seems a bit one dimensional to me. Also it sucks on Barb, Necro & Druid where you have no real means to boost the damage.
ok barb really sucks with it, but necro got his curses and druid HoW

and with fortitude any char has 300 ed for his armorslot

but maybe someone else has a better idea^^

I could have sworn we did an MP group in 2022, but it appears not.
Anyone interested? So far we have done:

I'd be interested, although my schedule is a bit unpredictable with new job. I also have quite a few builds still on my to-do list for Mat/Pat Septs, so any theme for the MP group should work me.

Reactions: maxicek
Any suggestions for a theme? Looks like we won't have a full house this time.
I have to do a Sorc and a Necro still for the sept, what do you have left @ffs? Edit: @PhineasB are you doing a sept too?

I was thinking about Lesser Skills like PhineasB's sept, if only to mess with @Swamigoon again :D
Or maybe no mercenaries?

@Vildecor @D2DC @d2lover @snickersnack you around?

Last edited:
I'm also up for any theme, and lesser skills would be nice and allow me to complete a character in my current sept! For prior MP groups, I did two Assassins (Shapeshifting and Girls Night Out), so I would still need Amazon, Druid and Paladin for a Sept.

The other theme idea I had was with A3 mercs, to complete the non-A2 merc groups, with a Missiles Away theme to match their attacks: only missile weapons or similar spell skills (Ice Blast/Glacial Spike okay but not Blizzard; Molten Boulder okay but not Fissure). But I've found it hard to keep A3 mercs alive at anything higher than p1, although group play might balance that out?

A3 mercs may end up being merc less anyway :)
I like the idea, I was thinking about something similar. I assume any character with a bow or javelin would be OK?

Maybe a Holy Bolt Paladin...

I was thinking to avoid nerfing too much (especially with nerfed A3 mercs), could do Ice Blast Sorc or like a FoH without having to equip missile weapon. And assassin could do BF with any weapon. I would likely play my throw Barb in the lesser skills sept if we go this route, so also throwing axes and knives

This weekend may be a bit too soon for me (and maybe others?). No real rush, we could always wait until Feb if that works better. Maybe that gives others a chance to join in.

I guess I will have to go Dentist if we are ranged only. Or maybe an enchantress with an exploding arrow bow.

I did have the idea of a themed Marvel Avengers group, but that may require a bit more preparation work:

No Mercs, choose characters from:
  • Banner - Were Bear, probably Barbarian
  • Stark - Paladin - FoH, Holy Bolt and Enigma
  • Rogers - Paladin, Smite / Charge
  • Romanoff - Martial Arts Assassin - WW + Kick?
  • Thor - Paladin, FoH + Holy Shock or Barb with Ogre Maul
  • Barton - Ranger Paladin
  • Wanda - Sorceress (Fire?)
  • Jarvis - Maybe some kind of Fire / Wind Druid for variety?
  • Valkyrie - Spear Amazon

I would be up for this weekend or next for ranged MP play through.

I would totally go for Rogers for the themed marvel group, and use that for the Pally on my lesser skills Sept (had planned FoH / Charge, but this seems equally lesser 😀). But I’d need at least til next weekend and likely into Feb to get him ready.

Edit: actually Thor looks interesting also, maybe with Schaefer’s as main for melee with HS, and FoH as backup. Leveling to 79 would be a drag, but I’ve done it for Wolfhowl and also for 84 eTomby, so should be manageable with enough lead time

Not sure of interest, but I’d happily do both in MP, maybe ranged MP next weekend and Marvel theme in Feb in advance of RFL.

Last edited:
I'm interested, but time is an issue for me, as always. I'll mull it over and post here again if I think I can join, but it's not too likely. :(

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High