New 1.07/1.08 Magic Find Meta?

50% max iirc. buried somewhere in the 1.07 news info thread
Yes, but doesn't this negate stuff like Extra Fast and Fanaticism? It for sure makes Baal a complete dofus dork in 1.10+

Even 75% makes Baal a complete dork but idk if 100% changes anything really. I'll forward one of those Kelpies and see how they work forwarded/upgraded. I can't quite place my finger on it but I think something gets messed up when you upgrade ethereal item and that 1.08 on might end up inferior to 1.10+ one.

Other than that we have bad run and a good run.
Got Windforce #7 and TC87 in one run, but TC90s are ungodly rare. Balrog Skin drop always makes me happy as well because it's not trivially easy to get one even with this method and is still very cool item. And yes, I'm gonna keep War/Rune staves until I get Archon drop. Would add third run but somehow my Gerke's didn't repair and I ended up dying when stacking MF since it's responsible for replenish life. Loss of XP hurts a bit, but by playing p2 I don't think I'll ever level up at any rate so whatever. Also got Lum that I forgot to add to haul pic.

Screenshot070.jpg

Screenshot072.jpg
Good old forum tradition dictates that complaining works, so... give me Stormspire so I'm done with this please~

As a sidenote, did anyone figure out how to do uncap Baals TC like we did with Duriel? I still can't figure out why this works only for Duriel, but could be alternate path to getting Stormspire if it were figured out.

As a sidenote, did anyone figure out how to do uncap Baals TC like we did with Duriel? I still can't figure out why this works only for Duriel, but could be alternate path to getting Stormspire if it were figured out.
Debugged Duriel is still capped at tc66 (probably should be higher?), but this is in 1.07...does stormspire exist in 1.07 is also the question...? I dont remember at the moment

I think boss tcs were fixed in 1.08 but it never occurred to me to try the Duriel debug...did you?

Stormspire does exist in 1.07 files but there are no sources of it anywhere in the patch. According to ATMA 1.08 Baal's TC is capped at 42 in both normal and hell, so probably not fixed. But traditionally, Baal is highest level monster in game so if we debugged him he could probably drop from TC90 is my guess. It's kinda moot point, since we don't know if it's possible. I didn't try to hit Duriel at all in 1.08. It didn't make much sense, and monster that early in the game probably has TC capped unreasonably low (66 sounds about right) to be of any real use.

Also Windforce #8. I said WF odds vs Stormspire odds are 24 : 1 so we are third of the way there. But after that Caddy I didn't have TC90 for some time which is bleh.

Screenshot074.jpg

@ziambe How does rarity work in you TC90 list? Does it even mean anything? Because looking at drop odds and items it doesn't seem to correlate to anything, and it just bothers me not understanding it.

tc90 - Copy.png

So far I have found at least:

2 x WarPike
3 x Giant Tresher
0 x Archon Staff
0 x Dimensional Shard
2 x Glorious Axe
1 x Caduceus
1 x Mythical Sword
0 x Legend Spike

And 0 TC90 armors. That's assuming I didn't drop/delete any fail ones, which is possible especially early in the project.

Reactions: entwilighter
@ziambe How does rarity work in you TC90 list? Does it even mean anything? Because looking at drop odds and items it doesn't seem to correlate to anything, and it just bothers me not understanding it.
A very good question indeed! A quick search and I realize I should've left this column out. It comes directly from the weapons.txt file but refers to the rarity of the item dropping from a rack.

I honestly don't know exactly how the odds of the items within a TC are worked out when the TC includes a scepter/staff/wand or a class-specific item.

Maybe we can figure it out using the 1.09 TCs as an example (simply because I remember seeing the odds for each item calculated in this list).

There are 3 categories of probability:
  • Wands/Scepters/Staves/class specific items
  • Class specific items[/s] assassin claws
  • Everything else

It is widely agreed upon that wands/scepters/staves are 3 times rarer than 'everything else' but I don't know where class specific items fall.

Edit: from Item Generation Tutorial

As always when D2 makes a list, it has rarities associated too. Rarities at this level are pretty simple. All items have rarity 3 except class-specific items have rarity 1, assassin claws have rarity 2, and wands, staves and sceptres (rods) have rarity 1. Armo78 has total rarity 3+3+3+3+1=13, so you have a 3/13 chance of getting a Balrog Skin, and a 1/13 chance of getting an Earth Spirit. Meph is not your ideal source for a Spirit Keeper.

Assuming this tutorial is also applicable for 1.07, this means that the drop distribtion for weapon 90 is 3/18 for everything except caduceus, archon staff and dimensional shard. These 3 are 1/18

Last edited:
Even if it did work it wouldn't help, because while the other act bosses' (and some other superuniques' plus council's) issue is that they have the hell TC only written in the "TreasureClass1" column, i.e. regular monsters, and not in "TreasureClass3" , i.e. uniques, Baal's TC on hell is the normal difficulty version ("Baal" instead of "Baal (H)") even for that column. Nihlatak has the same issue. Additionally, even if we could make Ball drop from his hell TC, it still wouldn't help, because the 1.08 Baal (H) TC maxes out at TC87.

For 1.07, no monster TC goes above TC66, and thus nothing with a base item level above that can drop from monsters under any circumstances. Which is why the unrackable unique/set weapons above that (Stormspire, Eaglehorn, Windforce, and M'avina's Caster) are utterly unobtainable.

Debugged Duriel is still capped at tc66 (probably should be higher?), but this is in 1.07...does stormspire exist in 1.07 is also the question...? I dont remember at the moment

I think boss tcs were fixed in 1.08 but it never occurred to me to try the Duriel debug...did you?
The 1.08 TC entries in the monsterstats.txt are the same as in 1.07, so still buggy. Debugging Duriel does work in 1.08. Comparing the hell TCs:
1.07 Duriel is capped at TC60, Mephisto at TC63, Diablo and Baal at TC66.
1.08 Duriel is capped at TC72, Mephisto at TC78, Diablo at TC84 and Baal as mentioned at TC87.

Last edited:
Help! I really need some Arkaines in 1.07. Can anyone help me work out where Balrog Skin can/can't drop? I have found a few from poppables but never the gold obviously. Are there any monsters that can drop them? If not, what areas can they drop from poppables? I have found a few nice uniques so far from poppables using the souls ritual. Thanks!

I wouldn't pop. I found a rack in Lower Kurast that was stable .. rack running is boring, you'll eventually find a lot of greens but that feeling seeing gold on the ground, and the amount of vitality it provides is amazing

• Haha
Reactions: ziambe
Help! I really need some Arkaines in 1.07. Can anyone help me work out where Balrog Skin can/can't drop? I have found a few from poppables but never the gold obviously. Are there any monsters that can drop them? If not, what areas can they drop from poppables? I have found a few nice uniques so far from poppables using the souls ritual. Thanks!
You need to rack it

• Wow
Monsters can't drop Arkaine's in 1.07 at all. Just stick with LK and use Hydra and angles to probe the rack in multiple ways. I have HC map seed that has armor rack that is both Shako and Ark, and then zerker axe on side, as well as Sacred Targe. It's really not horrible to find Balrog Skin, but according to my run counter, last HC Balrog Skin took some 4200 rack hits >_>

You can get Balrog Skin by playing and stacking MF in 1.08 in fashion discussed in this thread, anywhere in act 4 and 5. 1.07 is nope however.

Thanks for your help guys

Another question. Any thoughts on best way to farm rare jewels in 1.08? Am I right in understanding that MF breakpoints are the same for all dificulties in 1.08? If I'm understanding right, that would mean ~5k MF to force rares in Trav and ~25k to force rares from regular monsters.

I would think Hork Travincal would be best, but it seems tedious to do souls ritual and only run Trav every time, so maybe a generalist who can do full clears incl. MP Cows is the best approach, but I don't really know what that is in 1.08. CB Java does this well in 1.07 but it's broken in 1.08 apparently.

2 x Sol'd indestructible helm
4 x Sol'd indestructible body armor
Sol'd Gerke's Sanctuary (22 pdr 15 rep life)
15 pdr 2mdr amulet (safety craft)
12 pdr 10 mdr ring (safety craft)
15 pdr 7 mdr ring with 8 rep life (safety craft)

Rest of the gear slots are not used for it.

Only issue with it is that souls can theoretically break your Gerke's and then you can actually get killed. I've seen it broken only once before getting 100k MF so it's rather safe, but you can't go to work and leave to work and let them do ritual. It still needs minimal maintenance. If you don't want to to deal with it you might need to check for crafted safety weapons, but I've never crafted those so idk. 15 rep life from Gerke gives you enough passive regen to outheal soul crits so unless you have enough rep life from other sources I'm not aware of, I'd stick with Gerker and check for it once every 1.5 hours.

2 x Sol'd indestructible helm
4 x Sol'd indestructible body armor
Sol'd Gerke's Sanctuary (22 pdr 15 rep life)
15 pdr 2mdr amulet (safety craft)
12 pdr 10 mdr ring (safety craft)
15 pdr 7 mdr ring with 8 rep life (safety craft)

Rest of the gear slots are not used for it.

Only issue with it is that souls can theoretically break your Gerke's and then you can actually get killed. I've seen it broken only once before getting 100k MF so it's rather safe, but you can't go to work and leave to work and let them do ritual. It still needs minimal maintenance. If you don't want to to deal with it you might need to check for crafted safety weapons, but I've never crafted those so idk. 15 rep life from Gerke gives you enough passive regen to outheal soul crits so unless you have enough rep life from other sources I'm not aware of, I'd stick with Gerker and check for it once every 1.5 hours.
Thanks so much. Looks like PDR and Rep is the way to go then! I just found ziambe's gear post too, right as you posted this. Not sure how I had missed it!

I just found ziambe's gear post too, right as you posted this. Not sure how I had missed it!
Ha! I dont remember posting any afk gear...?

I would definetly recommend either safety war scepters (scepters can roll 15 rep life), each with 3 sockets (3 rep life +4 jewels) or 2 magic war scepters (easily shopped) of 15 rep life with 4 sockets (4 rep life +4 jewels). Weapons wont take damage while afk ;)

Jewelry is also the way to go: in 1.07 you can craft an ammy with 25 pdr and 15 rep life, although be prepared to settle for less than perfect rolls. Then in 1.08 you can craft safety rings.

Any other slots, i try to craft something with self repair rather than indestructible because the self repair affix is more common and if you really want it, it's easier to 'force' with low level crafters. If you have good access to rackers in 1.07, you can also try:
  • Greater safety helm (corona) 1.08
  • Greater safety belt (spiderweb sash) 1.08
  • Greater blood boots (mirrored boots) 1.07
  • Greater safety boots (myrmidon greaves) 1.08
  • Lesser safety gloves (gauntlets) 1.07
  • Greater safety gloves (ogre gauntlets) 1.08
The problem with most of these is the strength requirement but maybe your barb is bufffff!

Remember 1.07 great haubrek can get up to 51 pdr too!!

atm I'm on school break so no need to make indestructible/self repair setup, but I might invest in it before break ends. I had no idea regarding scepters, I might give those a shot.

There's also nothing to report really. WF count is double digit at this point I think, but I haven't had a single TC 90 since that caddy drop. No runes, no nothing really. Interesting that my Arkaine's count is lower than WF at this point.

I did get second Thunder Maul from very unlikely source.

Screenshot083.jpg

I've seen jewels and nice stuff drop from these graves, but I didn't think they had high enough qlvl for...anything really. Wonder if TC90 can drop of them as well.

Ha! I dont remember posting any afk gear...?

I would definetly recommend either safety war scepters (scepters can roll 15 rep life), each with 3 sockets (3 rep life +4 jewels) or 2 magic war scepters (easily shopped) of 15 rep life with 4 sockets (4 rep life +4 jewels). Weapons wont take damage while afk ;)

Jewelry is also the way to go: in 1.07 you can craft an ammy with 25 pdr and 15 rep life, although be prepared to settle for less than perfect rolls. Then in 1.08 you can craft safety rings.

Any other slots, i try to craft something with self repair rather than indestructible because the self repair affix is more common and if you really want it, it's easier to 'force' with low level crafters. If you have good access to rackers in 1.07, you can also try:
  • Greater safety helm (corona) 1.08
  • Greater safety belt (spiderweb sash) 1.08
  • Greater blood boots (mirrored boots) 1.07
  • Greater safety boots (myrmidon greaves) 1.08
  • Lesser safety gloves (gauntlets) 1.07
  • Greater safety gloves (ogre gauntlets) 1.08
The problem with most of these is the strength requirement but maybe your barb is bufffff!

Remember 1.07 great haubrek can get up to 51 pdr too!!
True, you didn't, but I wanted to see that part of the gear too. I think I will level the Barb a bit more in 1.07 Cows then send him, and will try to craft him some weapons in the meantime.

I've seen jewels and nice stuff drop from these graves, but I didn't think they had high enough qlvl for...anything really. Wonder if TC90 can drop of them as well.
I think those clickables all drop from the chest TC, the highest two of which ("Act 5 (H) Chest B" & C) go up to TC87.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High