My GoldBarb: I cant decide where to put my remaining points.. der=

Where should the rest of the skillpoints go?

• Shout

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Find Item

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • War Cry

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Iron Skin

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Oct 3, 2005
New: Poll added !

Here is my GoldBarb, level 91:

Body:
Helm: IK-helm LemLem
Armor: Wealth Mage Plate
Belt: Goldwrap
Weapons: 2x AliBaba LemLem
Gloves: Chance Guards
Boots: 76eg/lr33/fr40/20frw
Rings: 2x Dwarf 15mdr
Amu: 78eg/20mf/19@/7fcr/+2Warcries

Switch: 2x BO sticks

Charms:
Gheed: 160eg/38mf/14vendor
GC +1 Warcries/34eg
GC 40eg
GC 38eg/56mana
GC 40eg/39mana
SC 10eg/15mana
SC 10eg/17mana
SC 10eg/10mana
SC 10eg/11fr
Anni 20/12/6
Torch 20/11

Merc:
Eth Reapers Toll 'shael' 213ed/11ll
Eth Crown of Thiefs Lem 150eg/11ll
Eth Fortitude

Skills:
29 BO (maxed)
20 Find Item
24 Natural Resists (maxed)

Only 1 pt in the following:
5 Iron skin
5 Incr Speed
5 Incr Stamina
10 Battle Command
10 War Cry
10 Battle Cry
10 Taunt
10 Shout
10 Howl

Atm, I have 34 skillpoints unused + I havent done all skill/stats-quests. So there will be a few points more.
So...where do I put them? I cant decide, cause this build works great just as it is now.

Last edited:
Re: My GoldBarb: I cant decide where to put my remaining points..

Berserk and a goldfind/dmg switch? I zerk physical immunes in critical situations with a 5lem runemarster/stormshield combo on my goldfinder.
I only do that when one of the bosses has conviction.

i second that motion(i just have a full Uped patriarch CB hahah i got bored)

Berserk and a goldfind/dmg switch? I zerk physical immunes in critical situations with a 5lem runemarster/stormshield combo on my goldfinder.
I only do that when one of the bosses has conviction.

Why should I do that?

why not put the rest in shout and/or leap?

for a LOT more killing speed, i suggest a gavel of pain on switch (amp damage charges). it requires 135 str when hel'd though, so for a standard gf guy it usually means a rebuild :/.

Why should I do that?

I don't like leaving council members alive, when you enter travincal and there's a nasty pack of them with conviction aura merc tends to need help at first. These are rare situations but it still happens.

It also gets boring waiting for merc to do the job at times, physical immune stone skin bosses take a lot of time to kill for him.

why not put the rest in shout and/or leap?

for a LOT more killing speed, i suggest a gavel of pain on switch (amp damage charges). it requires 135 str when hel'd though, so for a standard gf guy it usually means a rebuild :/.

One level in leap attack will take you far, literally. Jump in the council hall, war cry and battle cry immediately. Then duck into durance then immediately back out. Also, add cb, so that even stoners don't have long to live.
Also, up levels in battle cry to make sure your your merc hits at a 95% clip. Damn, you can max battle cry immediately. Wish I had the foresight when I make the gf thrower and the mf singer.

One level in leap attack will take you far, literally. Jump in the council hall, war cry and battle cry immediately. Then duck into durance then immediately back out. Also, add cb, so that even stoners don't have long to live.
Also, up levels in battle cry to make sure your your merc hits at a 95% clip. Damn, you can max battle cry immediately. Wish I had the foresight when I make the gf thrower and the mf singer.

his merc is using a reaper's, i.e. he casts decrep which would override battle cry.

i found that using battle cry does help with killing speed though, but imo there are better curses out there... like amp dmg. if you REALLY dont want you or your merc to die, use a lifetap wand.

Can Battle Cry remove physical immunes? If not, then its nothing for me..since Decrepify from my mercs stick does..

Atm, I have narrowed the choices down to:
Shout
Find Item
War Cry
Iron Skin

And I made a Poll out of this.

Can Battle Cry remove physical immunes? If not, then its nothing for me..since Decrepify from my mercs stick does..

nope, it doesnt.

shout > ironskin cuz it helps your merc

19 points could go there

then 9 to max find item

6 left for leap (or warcry, but i prefer leap since it doesnt take 2349234 mana to cast). 6 leap will be ok i think, but 10-12 is preferable.

i think a few charms with fire res could have saved you a few natural res points :/. dont need all that mana if you leap and dont warcry much.

oh you havent done skills quest yet, i suggest putting them in leap to get a good one (10+)

max bo
max shout
max find item
max natural res
xx leap

thats the cookie-cutter gf barb :)

shout > ironskin cuz it helps your merc

19 points could go there

then 9 to max find item

6 left for leap (or warcry, but i prefer leap since it doesnt take 2349234 mana to cast). 6 leap will be ok i think, but 10-12 is preferable.

i think a few charms with fire res could have saved you a few natural res points :/. dont need all that mana if you leap and dont warcry much.
Well, I maxed Nat Res cause if I get better gf/mf boots, they might not have as high res as the boots Im using now. My res isnt maxed atm, so I dont regret maxing Nat Res. Actually, Im quite pleased with it.
I do Warcry some/alot, so I do need the mana. But ofc, Leap would be good. But how long is the duration of Leap? Im considering maxing Warcry for longer duration...

yeah you have enough points anyway.

leap has no duration... it just stuns and pushes back monsters a bit. the bigger the leap, the bigger the stun radius, so if its high enough what you do is you leap constantly in the middle of the room... and council members will all be banging their heads on the different walls unable to do thing anything. once you get it right there often isnt a single hydra going off. then your merc will kill them going clockwork or anti-clockwork :). sometimes a few members will be in the open and not get stuck, but its no big deal. unlike warcry leap works on the 3 council uniques, which makes a big difference imo.

as a side note, i like to use teleport ammy to control my stupid merc, i feel it helps the killing speed a lot and is wellll worth the gf sacrifice. paying for the charges is obviously not a problem :)

leap has no duration... it just stuns and pushes back monsters a bit.
Approximately how long are they stunned?

unlike warcry leap works on the 3 council uniques, which makes a big difference imo.
That would be a difference yes..

as a side note, i like to use teleport ammy to control my stupid merc, i feel it helps the killing speed a lot and is wellll worth the gf sacrifice.
I do have been looking for a +2skills/@res/70+gf/20+mf/teleport amu, but they are hard to find...

Approximately how long are they stunned?

I do have been looking for a +2skills/@res/70+gf/20+mf/teleport amu, but they are hard to find...

i dunno, half a second? basically when you click leap you dont let it go and its just long enough to keep them continuously stunned.

i'd like an ammy like that also :). even if it has crap mods, including no gf, its still worth it imo...

Ok. I maxed Find Item(after all, this is a gf/mf char) and Shout(me, merc and party friendly. But not 'really' needed, since my merc never died before). Still have some points left. Will check out Leap some more, before I decide on the last few points.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High