Much deep thoughts inside

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
„Why are you reinstalling this game? Don't you know it's been 16 years since the release? I mean, c'mon, surely there are better games out there.“

That was my inner monologue about a month ago, now I'm here again, only to find this community alive and still going strong, with more daily posts in SPF than D3 forums!

First I thought I'd only hop in on occasional pvp game, but turns out I really don't have that much self control :)

How is everyone doing? Are MFOs still being organized and is there a chance of one happening this summer? (Joosh, Jaedhann, Zaliqai?) I know u lurkin, come out and play)

My own plans are getting my HC hammerdin to 99 (yea, I know, cliche) and perhaps venture into earlier versions, this time HC. Also if there's anyone playing HC Vanilla I'd be up for some MP games!

Good to see an old-timer back!

MFOs are happening, at least in theory. Hopefully nulio (the current MFO host) will announce one for next month or something, there was talk about it just the other day.

Welcome back! I'm currently writing up a guide to the earlier versions, and the more people to report errors in the guide, the faster it will reach the quality I want it to have =)

Darkoooo has entered the SPF
The Croatian Mafia grows stronger.

Welcome back :)

Hey, I think I killed you in pvp once!

Just kidding, pretty sure that never happened and instead you killed me repeatedly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

„Why are you reinstalling this game?
Reinstalling means that you uninstalled it before. Therefore I never had to do something as weird as a reinstallation of D2.

I mean, c'mon, surely there are better games out there.
I'm not sure if you will get away with that.

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

@Fabian Great to hear that! MFOs were always crazy, but looking at the most recent ones you guys went fully insane. I like it.

@Zenigma Thanks, someone had to do it :)

@helvete That's a great idea, good luck with it!

@maxicek Good you noticed that, we can offer you protection (for a small fee of course) ;)

@Friiser Of course, everything looks much more stylish now :D

@kestegs I never was much of a pvp player, was always making these defensive builds (namely my FO/ES sorc) so I didn't have to think about tactics. It wasn't rare for a duel with me to last for 15 minutes, I literally bored my opponents to death.

@krischan Don't know why but when I talk to moderators on forums I have the feeling I'm talking to a cop. Even though I did nothing wrong I weigh everything I'm saying so I don't get hurt by the ban stick. So, I wish you a pleasant day and next time I'll remember to look both left and right when crossing the street. :oops:

And no jaywalking as well!

Now the pressure for me to host a MFO is public. I'm doomed...

Welcome back. I will re install D2 myself in some weeks. I hope.

I reinstalled because my D2 experiences have been exclusively online. I had top notch gears on many characters (Ele Druid, Bone Nec, Hdin, Charger, BvC, ES/Fb, Bowazon, Trapsin). None of it self-found, all traded (obviously). Only notable high value item I found was a 2 soc CoA from Pindle, which was what got me started with trading and eventually getting rich. Fun then was trading and PKing.

I have never completed the game before without any trades. I think SP is a very different gameplay and enjoyment. I get excited when Uniques drops. 3 days ago, I found my first ever high rune. Overall I find SP time consuming due to the grinding and farming, but it is nonetheless rewarding.

Thanks guys :)

@Kitteh Exactly what I was talking about. fully insane

@nulio If by weeks you mean minutes and if by "I hope" you mean "I can't wait to spend crazy amounts of time in that alvl85 area I most prefer running", then you have my full support!

@Churning The more the merrier!

@ducko That's what's wrong for me with most online games today. People spend more time buying or trading ingame content than playing the game itself. But I suppose that's what sells these days.

Welcome back :). I would be one of those new editions Friiser is talking about :). And I loved every minute of my time here already. Learnt so much about a game I thought I already knew quite well.

Looking forward to my fist MFO as well, although the timing will most likely be less than perfect for me. In the meantime, still enjoying trying to get my first 99er. I can't even imagine getting 4 of those though.

Welcome back! When did you leave?

Forum name rings a bell, but I think we haven't been active at the same time :)

@nebux that would explain the familiar name :p

but you nublar, all Darkoooo's mat/pat guardian threads are at least before my SPF start (2012).

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High