MFO Summer 2021 Signups and Running Thread

A bit more run data. The top half is runs at my desk while I'm somewhat awake. The bottom half is runs in bed while I try to fall asleep. I vaguely thought all the values would show greater variance between samples of 50, but here we are. Most efficiency differences feel like they come from my stubbornness with choosing to waste 10 seconds at a time killing really tanky single champions or teleporting in circles for the nastiest groups of archers.

As for drops, they have been pretty bad the last few days. I suspect someone will have passed me by now. Hopefully somebody has, if for no other reason than it would be nice to see an actual good score. Best of luck to everyone in the final 1.5-2 days.

run9SxR.png

Reactions: ffs
:D loving the fact there's a "bed" section, now that is proper commitment.

Felt like running with Singer and thought I could try to improve his Pit map. Big mistake. ~5 hours of garbage maps later, I'm feeling compelled now to roll maps as I run at least until I get something decent... so yeah, probably remaining time will be spent super inefficiently. ;)

GL everyone!

I'm done. Literally. Almost 2000 runs (1.5k at p7, 500 at p1) with a dry streak of 125 runs without a single qualifier...Well, at least I'm 12% to level 98. :)

Reactions: saracen85
Team W.O.L.F.
Babyhell, Pit runner

Results sent over here too. Well... no progress during the 73 runs since prior update #Sadly, but my score will be pretty for this amount of runs (573).

For the story, I pushed up to "next" qualifier, which one happened at run 578:
jHvDxSIl.jpg

And so is the final status for the MFO:
76BTFaFl.png

with the extract of the last 100 runs:
Brgs7rBl.png

Not that bad of a map... regarding my own experience! Fishing season is opened tho, so may be some leveling up to 96 to get better relative AR towards champs & bosses.

Also, my dedicated stashes make my grail getting closer to -30 now... -35, with some things I already dropped but put in use, like Cat's eye, SoJ, HoZ, the DFathom and Griffon's eye, so it's -30 already.

Congrats to Nagisa and [to be updated] for beating me down...

Now waiting for the official results to see how the team thingy has turned out!

Aaa-oooooooh!

Last edited:
Reactions: saracen85
Results sent.

Thanks for hosting @PhineasB ! All the best, everyone!

TBH, I'm not expecting much from this tourney. My main concern is that 15ish million XP gained...😁

I think all my best finds are non-qualifiers.

The obligatory SoJ. Got a Mara's too, but I think it was off Big D.
Screenshot 2021-09-13 091633.png

Another Diablo drop, a day or two off of each other, and same stats too! :oops:
Screenshot 2021-08-08 135314.png

And then there's this. Made it all worth it in my books.
Screenshot 2021-09-13 091703.png

EDIT: Okay, maybe I'm somewhat a little disappointed at rune drops. Apart from the occasional Ums/Mals/Ists, nothing of note really dropped. Guess luck ran out.🤪

I had absolutely no time to play. Already hoping for a less chaotic summer next year.
Yeaaaaah. I was very much looking forward to this year's competitiion. And the 1st half was pretty great for me -- 1,800 runs in about 24 hours. No super high-value stuff, but I was digging my time and got some nice grailers.

Once we got to midweek, life got hit with sudden oofs. Once the momentum was gone, it was all over for me.

Still. Good times. My favorite tourney of the SPF. Glad everyone was here for it (even if I was only half here. :D )!

Results sent in. 7.6k Pindle runs completed in just under 35 hours.

Good. Last year, iirc, I put in significantly more effort and lost. This year was a bit busier and I probably only got 25 hours in. I'll feel much more justified if I somehow lose.

Sending results momentarily.

Results sent here as well. I did about 3000 Pit runs. Results weren't very good, but I don't have much room to complain after the last two MFO showings. Hope everyone got some nice things for their efforts. It's always a fun time, no matter the result.

I really wish CRM was still a thing. My old eyes probably missed a handful of rune drops assuming they were the usual suspects.

JQkmFQc.jpg

Weekend was rather busy unfortunately, wasn't able to run much more.

Ended up at ~1500 Pit runs (2/3 berserker 1/3 singer), plus a small amount of casual AT runs (FB/Blizz Sorc). Didn't track the latter but maybe 100-150.

Spoiler alert, still at grail -1, and I had hoped for better drops overall tbh. But as always, was great fun and even got a small upgrade for some of my runners, which rarely happens nowadays so that's nice.

This was the first time I ran extensively with the new run counter. I was happy with efficiency overall. Berserker's run counter numbers were at 1.46-1.48 adjeff over 1k runs, and Singer somewhere between 1.65 and 1.8 on the rather mediocre maps he ended up running/testing, while looking for a better Pit map. A bit disappointed I wasn't able to roll a good map for him, one of my goals was to improve my HoR Singer entry... will hopefully get around to it soon. But for now I need some time away from the Pit. :D

Looking forward to the results!

Wow, lots of hours there spent on a game that is over 20 years old :) I spent 33 hours, more than I would have guessed possible. I'm rather disappointed though with the finds (check my perfect grail update to see what good it did me...). Had only 115 qualifiers in 2000 AT runs, and some of them even were from the sparkling chest. Only eleven qualifiers were from normal monsters, 12 from champions, the rest from boss packs. I guess there is no real way to tell if an item dropped from the boss or one of its minions except to look out who dropped it in game?

The new run counter though is great! Does anyone know if you can use it simply for questing? Would be awesome to track your time, kill and finds in tournament play...

Looking forward to the results, too!

Well, screenshot editing takes time... You have to make sure that golden unearthed Wand drop you took from the IFT blends in perfectly with your background and overwrites the green breast plate on the ground seamlessly after all. Plus, you have to make up a fingerprint. So cut him some slack 😅

Also, from what I know from my teammates, I could even have a negative score and we'd still win 😎 so don't get your hopes up.

Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High