MFO Results

Re: MFO Results

Well I can be only envious about all those haul pics, but wait - I have also haul - and I could then just S&E, who of you could do the same? :grin:

Those blue and yellow items were only from Baal or minions, not from packs in Throne for example. I think I missed few as I'm not used to pick up these "fakes".

Now I'm satisfied, I always wanted to post this :).

EDITbelow: I found, but just white iirc : ). And white DW from skeleton, that made me a bit upset as some times ago these skeletons dropped me that right one.

And may I ask Denton for his Ravenlore (yes, I know it is eth) personalized by Strike, if she has this quest still available?

Last edited:

@ sequana: Yes my lady, here it is in all its ethereal glory, please take good care of it (but please don't stroke it too much, as it IS ethereal, it can't be repaired) *cough*:

Strike's Ravenlore
Sky Spirit
Defense: 519
Durability: 11 of 11
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 103
Required Level: 74
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 88
Fingerprint: 0x9107329
+26 to Energy
+122% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +19
+7 to Raven (Druid Only)
+3 to Elemental Skills (Druid Only)
-19% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired)

O
M
F
G
!
!

I was expecting quite high scores after following the sign-up and progress thread, but NOTHING like this.

Massive congratulations to all of you on some way past mindblowing drops.

Thanks again to jjscud and the supervisors for taking your time organizing and running this.

skiffcz, Jingizu, Grisu. If any of you want some of my items or just see a readout, let me know and I'll post them.

*Off to pits*

skiffcz, Jingizu, Grisu. If any of you want some of my items or just see a readout, let me know and I'll post them.

I'll wait for skiffcz and Jingizu to make their picks. Usually I don't pick items since a) I'm HC and b) self-found, but I'm thinking about starting a SC PvP/Trade career, so I might indeed be interested in some items.
It doesn't have to be anything outstanding though - won't take any grailers or stuff you want to keep. I was thinking about things like Skin of the Vipermagi or such things to help get me started in SC, as I don't have ANY items in SC... :rolleyes:

Scores = Amazing

Fun = Amazing

Tiredness = Amazing

This was my first MFO, and I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Running with the gentlemen from Team Kittens was the highlight of the event for me. I got to know Jaedann, Zaliquai, Grisu, and Joosh and that by far outweighs anything that this game gives me.

I can't be disappointed finishing behind two 'lashes and am gratefull for the finds that I did get. Overall, I had about 5k runs, as said in the item find thread power loss made me lose some 800 runs in the counter so not exactly sure how many runs to the number. I had 70 qualifiers and several were grailers. Of my top5, Astreon's was actually the only non-grailer for me. Go figure... So with that said

@RIP - you will receive my personalized Astreon's from this event. You deserve it with the score and items you found. I entered knowing that I could lose my best find, and score-wise, the Astreon's is that. Of course, knowing that I have one in my stashes already severely lightens the blow. Let me know if there is something else you would want instead, but seeing as how you are hardcore and me, softcore, I doubt I would have anything actually usefull to you.

@Team Kittens - As I said before, great to have met you and simply can not wait until we ride again and hopefully put all others beneath our fluffy paws!

@Tyrael's Owners - Gieb! and Congrats on a most amazing find!

Once RIP gets all of his trophies, I will post my interest in items from the next guys in the Pindle category.

Wow, the SPTF community wealth just took a HUGE jump!

Congrats to the winners, those are some epic items and some really epic effort put in to obtain those spots

Thanks to the reps, and of course the organiser, it takes a lot of time to put all the results together.

As for my own placing in the Meph category, it kinda reflects on my sorceress, I only restarted D2 about 2 months ago and she started running Meph at level 83 in this tournament and a average geared lightning sorc just can't do P3 runs without a dead merc :( I also didn't do as many runs as you others, well done to all your meph runners.

To the Meph winners, please PM me with what you want a read out of and I'll reply as soon as I can, the sooner the better as I'm now joining my MFO stash into my other ones.

I'll do my best to get her geared up and leveled up some more (went from 83 to 87 during this MFO) and I'll be gunning for Baal next time :)

Last edited:

Finally able to get around to a proper writeup. First things first, let's get to the haul. Oh, just to show all you trash talkers up, I S&E'd right after taking that screenie. :tongue: Cause I'm hardcore like that. And then I restored my backup. :rolleyes: I couldn't have picked all those items back up, anyway.

Rather than list all the items found, here's a Flavie of all the qualifiers and non-qualifiers from the MFO.

I did 3518 runs, which took a little over 49 hours. When I was awake and in good shape, I tended to get 75-80 runs per hour, but as I got more tired it slowed some. Blizzy did all the runs except for the first 50. The lowest run total for a day was 120 (day 1), highest was 800. Broke my personal record for most runs in a day twice (600 on Thursday, 800 on Friday). Managed to accomplish both my hoped goals in this MFO: beat the score (87.1) and number of runs (3370) I had after 10 days in my 5k AT runs project.

Honestly, I hope I never do 800 runs in a day again because it took so much out of me it's not even funny. My fingers were like nubs, my head throbbed, my shoulders were tight, my butt was sore and I'm fairly sure I could have attempted to add 2+2 and come out with 473. I felt like I had to run all Friday night after seeing that I was in eighth place with a score of 61.6 - higher than the score I had when I placed fifth last MFO and I knew I wanted to defend my top five finish.

To be fair, the D2 gods repaid my drive well: a Highlord's, a Mara's, a perfect fire facet, perfect War Trav's, Shadow Dancer plus the Schaefer's and Astreon's all dropped during that streak. The 2 Fal's (highest runes for the MFO) did, as well. Got three hours of sleep after hitting 800 near 6am Saturday morning, then started back running a little past 10am. Since I was sitting at over 90 points, I figured I had a good chance of being safe if I found a good item, so I was planning on running until I found a DWeb or a DFathom or I collapsed. Did 154 runs, then my dog came begging to go out so I took her for a walk and went out to grab some food. Ate, browsed the forums and started back up, planning to get to at least 250 runs before heading to work. The second run, I had a strange thing drop halfway through. Que? Time stopped. I went through the checklist: normal monster drop? Nope. Actually a Sacred Armor and not Ornate? Yes, sir. Alright, take a screenie. Ok, that took, take another. Mmmm, let's make sure, one more. Ok, screenie taken, now pick it up. Alright, I should S&E. Even though I never S&E after a find, I should now.

So I did. When it dropped, my first thought was "that's my Tyrael's!" As I said, I never S&E after a find - not even my first Griffon's or my DWeb or DFathom, but I did now. After all, who could forgive themselves if they lose a Tyrael's? Clicked on ATMA, and was thinking "ok, IIRC, Tyrael's looks black, let's see if it's black. Oh, crap, it's not! (note: just so everybody knows, all the S/U Sacred Armors look identical; I remembered wrong) It's a Templar's! Not another one!" Then I moused over it. T... Might, %ED, blah blah, 'Indestructible'. Wait. Templar's isn't Indestructible! AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH! HOLY CRAP! Looked it over a little more closely, this is what stared back at me.

Tyrael's Might
Sacred Armor
Defense: 1406
Required Level: 84
Indestructible
Unidentified
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x313b2e99
+29 to Strength
+134% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +24
Requirements -100%
20% Faster Run/Walk
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
98% Damage to Demons
Indestructible
Cannot Be Frozen

Immediately backed up my stashes, made a very suggestive post on the forums (which it seems only Jaedhann got :rolleyes:), sent what I imagine was a very annoying update/celebration email to Zaliqai, put on some funky music and invented the "Tyrael's dance" and then I went in to work early and bought a lottery ticket on my way home. If anybody cares, only got 2 numbers on the ticket - guess the Tyrael's used all my luck. :badteeth: Keeping it contained that I had found a Tyrael's was extremely hard; especially since I had absolutely no idea what other finds Hrus had so I didn't even know if I had won or not. A Tyrael's, and no clue if you've won an MFO or not? Insane! Plus, I already knew (well, was pretty damn sure) that the RNG had seen fit to drop two Tyrael's - who knew if it might drop a third? Or a fourth!?

Went out and had a prime rib dinner to celebrate. Only completed 44 more runs that day, I just couldn't stay still long enough knowing I had it still in the stash. Was looking like I wouldn't reach my 3500 runs goal on Sunday, but I knuckled down and had faster times than ever and managed to hit the mark just after 23:30. Took a really short break and then did slow runs until the clock ran out. Only qualifier I remember from Sunday was a 3 socket Tomby, though I know there were ~12 more. Needless to say, I felt very relieved when midnight rolled around.

So obviously the Tyrael's was the best find of the MFO, but what about the worst? Well, that would be this, from day one:

Horizon's Tornado
Scourge
One-Hand Damage: 10 to 287
Durability: 32 of 65
Required Dexterity: 62
Required Strength: 100
Required Level: 64
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x95971eae
+259% Enhanced Damage
Requirements -20%
50% Increased Attack Speed
150% Damage to Undead
Slows Target by 20%
20% Chance to cast Level 15 Tornado on striking

I was waiting on the merc to take down a CE/Stone Skin Plague Bearer when a pack of 3 normal mages walked up and started to attack. Killed them with GS and watched that drop. I almost left it on the ground in disgust. For those unfamiliar with these things, Stormlash requires an ilvl of 86 so I knew what it was without checking.

As for other items: I kept all qualifiers and ended up with a stash of 132, 15 of them TC87. Managed to find 4 grailers (Shadow Dancer, Giant Skull, Astreon's and Tyrael's) which brings me to Grail - 8 including trades and 12 items shy of a self-found grail. I'll add myself to the grail table with the specifics sometime in the next few days.

I'll post my important qualifier readouts in the IFT and edit in a link here later. Edit: Here's the link. Edited in the qualifiers at the bottom.

Thanks to jjscud for hosting, as well as to all the area supervisors for their volunteer effort. Thanks and congratulations to all of my teammates, it's well deserved. I'm amazed at your comeback effort, essojay, and I'm glad to see that all of your effort paid off. Thomh, I'm glad your effort gave you so many nice items, even though your placing isn't as high as it might have been other MFO's - still very impressive what you managed to do. Elmer and Rummski, sad things didn't work out better for both of you, but thanks again for your efforts and congrats on your finds.

To Zaliqai, thanks again for putting up with my exuberant email, and for your kind words. Sad all that effort you put in didn't give you a win, but a Cham and level 99 should make up for that just a little bit.

Colony: I'm amazed at how much time and effort you put in this thing, especially after being out of the MFO madness for awhile. Your incredible number of runs gave me a ton of inspiration to push myself to my limit, as well. 5112 runs in 10 days makes my head spin. That's well deserving of the third highest score in the history of the category, it's just cruel it fell at the same time as the other two.

To all others, thank you for all your congratulations. Winning the lvl 85 areas always takes incredible luck and determination and I'm extremely proud to be a member of that group. Also finding a Tyrael's just makes things almost too much to comprehend. Congratulations to all of you who participated on your finds, and especially to the winners. I predicted this would be a record breaking MFO almost a week ago, and the results make my predictions look tame.

Counting the 5500 runs I did in June, I've done over 9000 AT runs in the past two months, with a Tyrael's, a Stormlash, a JMoD, a perfect Griffon's, a Death's Fathom, a perfect Mara's and an Astreon's, among others. I'm not sure whether to take that as a sign to keep running my head off and try to get the last three TC87's I need for my grail before I move to Cows/Meph or as a sign that I need to run something else for awhile.

I don't intend to attempt to defend my place in the next MFO. It's possible that I might, but right now I really doubt it. If I compete, it'll probably be in Meph or Baal - I don't like Pindle, and with my AT run times that's more efficient, anyway. Maybe by then I'll have a chance to make a run at 99 in an MFO myself...

Lastly - I know I'm going much longer than anybody cares to read and if this were an awards show they'd be dragging me off, but I'm almost done - I must say that I'm glad to see that the AT runners came 1,2 and 3 in this MFO. Ever since I first compared Pit runs to AT runs I've felt like AT would win even against the best Pit runners in terms of S/U items over time, and the results here do strongly hint at that, I think.

Thanks and congrats and holy crap again to all.

Last edited:

@ skiff: I agree, Jingizu's Wirt's leg would be yours, but will have to wait, I can't make it now and in few hours I am leaving for several days, but I will personalize it when I come back :wink:

@ Grisu: Like I said in pm, it would be nice if you personalize me your HC Eaglehorn, I will make some HC bowazon with it (if she doesn't die before she could equip it :coffee:)

Btw. I could send you my whole MFO stash and you could pick items you want to start on sc, it is full of usefull stuff (Skin's, Arach's, Oculuses, Shaftstop's, Reaper's Toll's, Gaze's etc.). Just let me know your mail and I will send it...

@other Meph runners:
I won't take any prizes, Grisu is unique because I know him in rl and he is HC (and I like Eaglehorn :crazyeyes:)

@mareeek: it was nice to read it
even I am waiting for that moment when tyreal will came
every identify of golden sacred armor make me really nervous :)
I understand that after you have tyrael it is just worse to keep motivation. But still you are waiting for grail so will be gg. I hope you will keep runing high level area´s as pit,wsk,CS,(AT yet)... to keep motivation and get rest of your grail
also I am glad that you keeped picking item rule in areas active and that you did not pick tyrael from hrus beacuse picking tyrael is as killing in church for me :D
beacuse picking items I am considering as important part of MFO and important part of motivation for running
so enjoy your victory beacuse it was not only about tyrael but about all impressive top 5 to beat hrus lash as 2nd item

@maareek: too long, didn't read ;)
No seriously, big congrats again, you seem like you were over the top. I think I would do celebrating dance two or three years ago, now I have other important things to do in my life (it's more like "It's just a game" for me)... When I found Tyraels I was more surprised than happy and I couldn't believe it and had to check it several times.
Oh and also the same way as you, I didn't remember which color which armor had, so I though it was Templar's Might too at the moment I opened ATMA...

With the trophy from me, I hadn't had much time (and don't have a characterer named Hrus, which I though I have) and I am leaving on saturday for two week vacation, I hope it's ok sending you the trophy after I get back.

So this was nice MFO, good going everyone and thanks to jjscud, and to my team - I am sorry I ruined our score for not finishing first... ;)

No problems with waiting for you to get back for the trophy, Hrus. Take your time. :)

To be honest, I was mostly happy because it gave me a chance at beating you in the MFO which was what I'd been spending the whole week on. It was like when you're running a distance race and you see the finishing line approaching but you know you're starting to pass your opponent who has been way ahead all race and the adrenaline starts flowing. ;)

@bassano: Tyrael's is an awesome feeling, and I'm sure yours is coming eventually. I guess I could have been mean and taken Hrus's Tyrael's and sent him back mine, so he could never use it, but nobody uses Tyrael's anyway. :rolleyes:

With Tyrael's out of the way I doubt I can keep myself away from running for the grail for long. I'll probably be back in AT a lot sooner than I think I will be. I still have Mang's and Darkforce Spawn left that are really rare TC87's, so that should keep me motivated to run for awhile.

Also, bassano, I've received your CoA. Thanks again for it.

Oh, I plan to use it! Don't worry. Thing is I have hardly any time, the MFO was an exception (I was planning on clearing my time schedule, ignoring trainings little bit, and most important - I was ignoring my girlfriend little bit too, which I don't plan to do regularly ;) ) And there is so many things to do - making new characters, finding that Ber I need for making CoH (5K LK runs and no Lo/Sur/Ber so far), quest for lvl 99, making some PvP character... finding Torch of Iro... playing D3.... LOL.

@Dent: Thanks! Now I have two items personalized by Strike, I definitely must force you to join next MFO to have hattrick :grin:. Heh, it's good to have some goal for MFO :whistling:.

First things first, let's get to the haul.

hah! I found Waldo! :D

Alright, take a screenie. Ok, that took, take another. Mmmm, let's make sure, one more. Ok, screenie taken, now pick it up. Alright, I should S&E. Even though I never S&E after a find, I should now.
lol, that's exactly what I do most of the time when taking a screeni!... "maybe another...just to make sure???"
...and bought a lottery ticket on my way home
:rolf: that made my day :D

@ Grisu: Like I said in pm, it would be nice if you personalize me your HC Eaglehorn, I will make some HC bowazon with it (if she doesn't die before she could equip it :coffee:)

Btw. I could send you my whole MFO stash and you could pick items you want to start on sc, it is full of usefull stuff (Skin's, Arach's, Oculuses, Shaftstop's, Reaper's Toll's, Gaze's etc.). Just let me know your mail and I will send it...

That's very kind and generous! Thanks for the offer, but right now I'm a bit short of time, so my SC career won't start anytime soon except for the Wirt's Leg part for skiffcz :) If I ever need anything though I make sure to snatch some items from you :wink:

Last edited:

:rolf: Congrats on the l33t find there, maareek.

Hrus: It amazes me that you're still playing, albeit less frequently nowadays. I can't even go 3 years without getting bored and quitting (temporarily, of course). And you're still finding things to do in this game! Please put making a PvP character closer to the top of your list. :D

maareek: too long, but read. I had the same "Could it be?!?" feeling when the gold sacred armor dropped, but who am I kidding? I'm not hax enough to find Tyrael's on my first ever unique SA. Can you imagine? Breaking 1000 points on an MFO. :rolleyes: Looks like y'all MFO junkies have a challenge to meet.

all: hope you don't think I'm a greedy jerk for taking four items. Well, I am, so I can't really blame you if you do. ;) I wish more Top 4 finishers would claim prizes (even if as token) so I wouldn't feel so bad.

@marek: gg writeup, and truly epic considering the event ;)

@both crippled boys: Dont rush and take your time ;) I dont need it now. In fact Im leaving to slovakia with my GF to say goodbye to her family and then all the pre-flight madness, so Ill probably not start to do anything before Madrid (and few weeks of acclimatisation).

@rest of the meph category: I decided to leave those cracked sashes to you ;) (same reasons as above) :)

Just started my first SC character in 3 years...so, I'm going to pick items useful for him - if anything of the asked items is a grailer or otherwise important to you, let me know!

@nubikoen: Can I see the readout of your Cerebrus', please?

@smokeeblade: Would it be too much to ask for the readout of your Arkaine's?

If any of you has found Jalal's, it would be nice to see a readout of that, too, because I would prefer it over the other two, I guess...

@Jingizu: I'll personalise the Eaglehorn for you and send it along the next few days/2 weeks :)

@ skiffcz: Just started Grisu, my SC Druid - going to find that Wirt's Leg for you :)

Last edited:

Code:
Arkaine's Valor
Balrog Skin
Defense: 1300
Durability: 26 of 30
Required Strength: 165
Required Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xedb82f5d
+151% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 15
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to All Skill Levels
+0 to Vitality (Based on Character Level

Jalal's Mane
Totemic Mask
Defense: 290
Durability: 11 of 20
(Druid Only)
Required Strength: 65
Required Level: 42
Fingerprint: 0x49f212b1
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+193% Enhanced Defense
All Resistances +30
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+5 to Mana After Each Kill
+2 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid Only)

All yours Grisu :) the Arkaine's is a grailer but it's not going to see any use on my side. Just throw me your email.

@ skiff & jingizu : you guys are no fun, the risk of losing your items is what makes the MFO all the more interesting :D nice-ness is overrated :whistling:

@nubikoen: Can I see the readout of your Cerebrus', please?
Absolutely.

Code:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Cerebus' Bite
Blood Spirit
Defense:  340
Durability: 19 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength:  86
Fingerprint: 0xf67f5e5d
Version: Expansion  1.10+
Unidentified
Properties: 
133% Enhanced Defense
8% Life stolen  per hit
+1 to Feral Rage (Druid Only)
100% Bonus to Attack Rating
33%  Chance of Open Wounds
+3 to Shape-Shifting Skills (Druid  Only)[/SIZE][/FONT]

Are we required to put tags on the readouts?

1,12a SC FAM if that 's the case.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High