Meteor damage over seconds

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Meteor damage over seconds

Simple question. Is the meteor damage per second cumulative ie. does laying multiple meteors on the ground make the damage per second bigger or is it always the same?

Re: Meteor damage over seconds

Yes, it is cumulative. Although, I'd still count more on direct damage/hit. The only time I found the Meteor DOT useful was when I was weak and had to Moat Trick Mephisto.

Yeah only useful in WSK and act bosses really. It does add up :)
Only and only, those are what sorcs target right? :wink3: That's about the only thing I like with meteor, that it's kind of a DOT that grows in damage the more you cast, as well as a powerful impact blaster.

Also, laying a few meteors on yourself in pvp might hurt some people that try to melee you, maybe? :rolleyes:

Also, laying a few meteors on yourself in pvp might hurt some people that try to melee you, maybe? :rolleyes:

There was actually this great guide over in the necro forum for a full Trang PvP poison nec that advocated the use of Meteor's burn damage to chip off that last 1 life on enemies. Pretty cool.

And hey, Meteor has other uses too! It's nice for targeting stationary ranged monsters, or generally for dropping on packs that are busy harassing your merc. Also, the sound effect is priceless. Sounds like a female voice holding a note to me. Or maybe I'm just weird.

I love Meteor with all my heart. When the Hell Ancients ravaged my merc on my last sorc, I had to rely on the burn damage to kill them... it was that one WW guy, and that other frisky one, and both were CI. I still can't believe it worked.

Back on topic, it's awesome when Meteor's burn stacks massively. Fun to watch a monster's health steadily dropping when you get too bored of FBing his face off. Isn't the burn damage the main reason sorcs pile on the Meteors during Baal runs? Sort of like pre-casting Blizzard?

@handofnaz: Yes. At least that's my goal, when I solo Baalruns. Before 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves, I spam meteors like a madman. This allows me to bring them down rather quickly, and since I use Nature's Peace, it ensures Colenzo and Achmel do not resurrect their minions after a few successful Meteors on their heads.

@handofnaz: Yes. At least that's my goal, when I solo Baalruns. Before 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves, I spam meteors like a madman. This allows me to bring them down rather quickly, and since I use Nature's Peace, it ensures Colenzo and Achmel do not resurrect their minions after a few successful Meteors on their heads.

I had never before thought of using SMRIP on the waves. That's a great tip right there. Not that re-killing the skellies or the fallen are very hard, just... annoying. Especially when they dash out of range. Thanks, Berg.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High