Mat / Pat / Guardian Thread

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
The Mat/Pat/Guardian Build Compendium is a great resource and reference, with lots of good inspiration and samples of builds, whether cookie cutter or otherwise. Unfortunately, @Pb_pal hasn’t been around since late 2022, which has also meant that the Compendium thread hasn’t been updated since then.

We’ve had lots of fun characters posted in the interim, both in the thread and just generally, including quite a few D2R characters, but they aren’t reflected. With thanks to @maxicek and @Rush, I now can update those posts. I plan to work through the outstanding posts in the thread this weekend, and then go back through the forum posts and fully update the thread. And I’ll plan to keep it updated going forward.

So if you get a new Mat/Pat/Guardian, please add to the the thread. And if you have time to add characters that you’ve posted since September 2022 or so, I’d appreciate it!

All caught up, although I will continue going back to D2R release date in 2021 to add notation for Mat/Pat/Guardians completed in D2R. I also noticed that many characters in the Sept showcase aren't listed as individual entries in the class-specific compilation, so I will also work on that here and there.

This is really much appreciated. I do look at this thread frequently to get ideas.

Wow your fast. So fast I'll let you link two of mine that you missed:eek::ROFLMAO:

Tovak Dec 2021 a Tesladin

Patrick Nov 2021 a Palaadin Ranger

I don't know just how far back you want to go, but I still have the word documents from two Pat and one Mat reports
a 2007 throw Barb paired with a cold rogue wielding Wind Force
a 2007 Frenzier with Act 2 merc
a 2011 M'avina's set amazon with a rogue

This is really much appreciated. I do look at this thread frequently to get ideas.

Wow your fast. So fast I'll let you link two of mine that you missed:eek::ROFLMAO:

Tovak Dec 2021 a Tesladin

Patrick Nov 2021 a Palaadin Ranger

I don't know just how far back you want to go, but I still have the word documents from two Pat and one Mat reports
a 2007 throw Barb paired with a cold rogue wielding Wind Force
a 2007 Frenzier with Act 2 merc
a 2011 M'avina's set amazon with a rogue
Thanks LouB, I'll add these. I have only gone back to August 2022, which is the last update Pb_pal did, and he mostly had been adding characters when they were posted to the forum, even if not added to the thread. I'll add any others that I spot that aren't in the Mat/Pat/Guardian thread going back to March 2020 when we moved to the new forum. And I'm happy to add others from earlier if folks point me to them.

Reactions: snickersnack
Thank you for maintaining this list. It is amazing when considering "what sort of X should I play", or to find analysis/comments on certain builds.

The list is missing my second mat/pat, Pjurhvad the Prosperous.

Reactions: PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High