Leveling an Ice Maiden advice

hackedagainanda

Jun 4, 2015
I've got all the gear for my Amazon but I don't know how to go about leveling her. I'm currently using a fully synergized 1.07 Ravenclaw and it's mowing stuff down pretty fast in Act 2 Normal. I want to level as a bowazon all the way through for roleplaying purposes, though I'm not against using a token to switch from fire arrows to cold. I'm level 23 but confused about what to do from 24-65 when I can fully equip all my gear.

Also I'm considering using Faith on switch and use Atma's for dual cold/phys immunes. Any frost maiden advice would be great or general bowazon too. Thanks

Once the merc is able to equip insight, it'd be a little easier. Just have to tough it out until level 30 when you can have FA.

With wizendraw at level 26, you can actually start using your cold arrows until FA. This bow can actually last you until you get to equip Melody, Harmony and then eventually your endgame weapon. A -35 Wizendraw is endgame-worthy IMO.

With FA and fully decked +skills gear, you can pretty much mow through Normal/Nightmare. At P8, you probably enter NM act 5 around level 60+ and getting Championed around level 70+.

The only issue, is mana management. Eventually, even Insight won't be enough and you might need to resort to charms, leech via strafe or god forbid, points to energy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hackedagainanda
What is your endgame weapon going to be? IIRC, on my 'Ice' FA Zon, I used a 1.07 MPK ring and 'Insight' Merc for a while, but eventually relied mostly on mixing a few strafes in with FA to leech mana back. My 'Ice' is in a GMB, and I didn't even bother with WF on switch etc.

I'm using a Ice Matriarchal bow with Faith GMB for strafeing. I'm 33 now and the 20 MPK ring you sold me is keeping me very comfortable mana wise and I'm using a 3 tir helm until I can equip silkweaves and 1.07 Valkyrie Wing.

Pretty sure a 1.07 mpk ring solves any mages' mana problem. :LOL:

It must be ice maiden week, I was levelling mine in NM last night.

I have an Infinity Merc at the moment with full Mav’s set. 1.07 MPK helped but didn’t solve everything. I’m now just using a more even balance of Strafe and FA.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High