Just "Lucky"

P§ÝÇHÕ

Mar 1, 2021
Has anybody, in their several, SEVERAL years of playing this game ever notice a particular character just seems to have an affinity for drops?

For example, I'm levelling up my Amazon through the beginning of Nightmare - we're not even halfway through Act I and she has already found no less than half a dozen Uniques.

I don't recall my Sorceress having this kind of "luck". What's more is that she's effectively only operating on 25% MF - and the Merc has a touch less if he kills something.

Have you noticed some of your characters seem to be wearing Horseshoes and Clover throughout their playing career?

Reactions: Pb_pal
Yeah actually, my untwinked 99er (now abandoned) at the release of d2r had a vmagi drop in nm just from a trash mob. Then I started running LK for infinity and got 3 bers in the span of like 5 hours. It's the most insane luck I've ever had in all my time playing the game. Like that's some abnormally good luck, I was nervous about posting it because I figured people would think I was cheating or something. I literally felt bad that I had found so much in such a short timespan.

I think it's just how rng is though :D Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Feels great when it all lines up for your character though!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: P§ÝÇHÕ
My luck averaged out I guess:

(note the 40 mf Gheeds was no real upgrade for this char, and I had one already)

61 Durance of Hate lvl 2-3 runs (lvl 2 only C/U on the way)

Code:
Run #    completed    Special stuff
1    y   
2    y   
3    y   
4    y    5s Runemaster
5    y   
6    y    38/15 verdungo
7    y   
8    y   
9    y   
10    y   
11    y   
12    y   
13    y   
14    y   
15    y    33@ metalgrid
16    y   
17    y   
18    y   
19    y    Homunculus
20    y    Martial Arts/34 life skiller
21    y   
22    y   
23    y   
24    y   
25    y   
26    y   
27    y   
28    y    4@ small charm
29    y   
30    y   
31    y   
32    y   
33    y   
34    y   
35    y   
36    y    demonlimb
37    y   
38    y   
39    y   
40    y   
41    y   
42    y   
43    y   
44    y   
45    y   
46    y   
47    y   
48    y   
49    y    40% Gheeds, Viper
50    y    Aldur Boots
51    y   
52    y   
53    y   
54    y   
55    y    Draculs
56    y   
57    y    Boneflame
58    y    2 essences
59    y   
60    y   
61    y

I think the highest rune was like a Fal or so in this set of 61

I mean the dungo is decent, but whatever (lol @ the skiller)

Reactions: P§ÝÇHÕ
In my entire D2 career I never had a character farming at pits. When I created a MF pit necro every run was rewarding. If you keep scrolling down you will notice an abundancy of drops within a short time, including a Zod drop.
Can you make a video of 2-3 runs with him?

Ok this is getting ridiculous. I'm running through Nightmare on P8 and in the last fifteen minutes it has been:

Saracen's Chance
Dwarf Star
Gleamscythe
Spirit Forge

We're operating on... 50% MF.

Reactions: d2lover
Ok this is getting ridiculous. I'm running through Nightmare on P8 and in the last fifteen minutes it has been:

Saracen's Chance
Dwarf Star
Gleamscythe
Spirit Forge

We're operating on... 50% MF.
feel the same way about when I was running cows base hunting a month ago

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High