It's time to come back home

TopHatCat64

Jul 8, 2004
I could honestly only shake my head and smile as I downloaded Diablo 2 Resurrected a couple weeks ago.

I've tried a number of games after I put down D2 about 2 years ago.
  • I tried Diablo 4 (which I so desperately wanted to like), but I just couldn't maintain interest. Perhaps it will round into form over the next couple of years. After all, the D2 that shipped in 2000 was very different from the version we play today.
  • I even tried Diablo 1 again, but couldn't get past the clunky 8 direction movement/line-of-attack animations. D1's itemization is actually really strong though. Normal items aren't useful after you've leveled up a couple times, but the other two types definitely are (magic and unique) and the magic items can definitely be BIS. There is something to be said for that kind of simplicity in gearing.
But in the end, I found myself staring at D2R in the Bnet launcher. Once I downloaded it and loaded it up with my old characters...it just felt right. D2 is the equivalent of that neighborhood restaurant that serves great food with a welcoming atmosphere, every time. I think part of my feelings towards this game are probably part of getting older and just gravitating towards the familiar, but in any case, I'm glad to be back and glad to see this awesome community is chugging along as always.

Last edited:
That is an old name for sure, close to a 20 year member! Make sure to check out all the new stuff added in each patch. Some of those old chars may perform a lot better, some worse (angry ww noises).

Reactions: TopHatCat64
That is an old name for sure, close to a 20 year member! Make sure to check out all the new stuff added in each patch. Some of those old chars may perform a lot better, some worse (angry ww noises).
It's actually even longer then that! I was active on the old forum before the game even officially came out in 2000.

Reactions: snickersnack
I know the feeling, TopHat. Every year or two I can't help but start up a new untwinked playthrough ;)

Plans for your first build back? I'm thoroughly enjoying the updated Fendazon, though the current Decoy bug makes it difficult to play sometimes. I've realized my favorite part of D2 is grinding through the game untwinked with melee builds and strategic positioning. I think the next build will be...a D-claw sin, D2R improved that build too.

wow, old school up in this biatch.

I haven't been on the forums for awhile myself ... just waiting for terror zone Andariel haha. Still need that TM to completel the Grail. Still can't find that stupid armor.

I know the feeling, TopHat. Every year or two I can't help but start up a new untwinked playthrough ;)

Plans for your first build back? I'm thoroughly enjoying the updated Fendazon, though the current Decoy bug makes it difficult to play sometimes. I've realized my favorite part of D2 is grinding through the game untwinked with melee builds and strategic positioning. I think the next build will be...a D-claw sin, D2R improved that build too.

Well, I've always been about weird builds and using non-native skills, so I'm intrigued by Unbending Will's CTC Taunt. I've made a couple taunters in the past so I know how effective it can be. But I'm curious how effective it actually is if you can't control where you're taunting (like for taunting archers standing on the edge of the screen).

Even though the runes for UW are dirt cheap, I haven't gotten around to actually starting a build with it. I've been spending my time farming torches and SoJs at NM Andy for Annihilus (no chicken chasing required now!)

I'm bummed to read about the Decoy bug because it's definitely in my top 5 favorite skills in D2. Hope it gets fixed soon.

wow, old school up in this biatch.

I haven't been on the forums for awhile myself ... just waiting for terror zone Andariel haha. Still need that TM to completel the Grail. Still can't find that stupid armor.
Hey bill_n_opus, good to see you! Terror zones are one of the better new additions that D2R brought, definitely helps keep things fresh when we're not running the same 5 areas anymore.

Still holding out hope that we'll get a runeword that with a strafe and/or multishot oskill on it. That would open so many different weird ranger builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: snickersnack
Still holding out hope that we'll get a runeword that with a strafe and/or multishot oskill on it. That would open so many different weird ranger builds.
I kicked around the idea of making a non-zon build that used glove charges for multishot, burn through some Rals...

Maxi! Good to see you still here too.
I played a lot the first half of the year, not so much since the summer. I have just installed D4 so will see what that is like. I have actually been playing quite a lot of Diablo Immortal which is, despite what you may hear, quite a decent game.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High