Items you've never found

zarniwoop

Jan 10, 2006
Items you've never found

I know this thread has probably been done to pieces.

But, I'm having one of "those" ladders, so I'm curious what items others have never seen. I have to wonder when I see trade threads with 3x something I've never seen in 10 years.

I've played ever single ladder since 2002 (I may have missed one). I've done, obviously, thousands and thousands of mf runs on multiple characters with 200-500 mf depending on my mood. I usually hit at least 90 on my primary mfer. That said, here's my list:

Things I've never seen drop (or cant recall seeing):
1. HoZ
2. Death's Fathom
3. Death Cleaver
4. Grandfather
5. Windforce
6. Stormlash
7. Crown of Ages
8. Tyrael's Might
9. Steelrend
10. Cranium Basher
11. Decent vortex shield

Runes I've never found:
Vex
Sur
Jah
Cham
Lo
Zod
Ohm

It makes me seriously wonder when I see trade threads with multiples of these hyper-rare items in them. Well honestly, I don't wonder. Anyone else care to share their non-success stories?

Re: Items you've never found

Items I've never found myself:

Tyrael's
Mang Song's
Griffon's
Ber
Zod

I've never found a complete Griswold set in a single season, although I found each item of it at least twice in total. In this season, I'm still lacking the shield and the helm... and I would probably be annoyed that it isn't a CoA instead.

My item finders typically reach L92-93, depending on the length of a season. Once my Baal runner (fana-zealot with Enigma who's also doing Ãœbers) reached L94, in the season which lasted 2 years (the fourth or fifth IIRC).

Have never seen the following:

Tyrael's Might
Death's Fathom
Mang Song's

Most HRs (got one Sur and one Lo over the years)

@Zarni - surely you've gotten a Vex from the hellforge at least once across all those characters? That's some bad luck if not...

I'm pretty sure the only item I never 'found' was a Death Cleaver. I botted for like 3 years and I found every rune including a Zod, a Tyrael's Might, and a perfect Crown of Ages. I didn't do it myself so I guess it only partially counts.

I'm pretty sure the only item I never 'found' was a Death Cleaver. I botted for like 3 years and I found every rune including a Zod, a Tyrael's Might, and a perfect Crown of Ages. I didn't do it myself so I guess it only partially counts.

3 years of botting and you haven't found a Death Cleaver? What a waste of time...

@Noammr
Gul is highest you can see from Hellforge ;)

@Noammr
Gul is highest you can see from Hellforge ;)

Right you are :embarassed: t'was rather late when I made that post, plus it's been a while since I've seen the inside of the D2 client ;).

Partially? I'd say It doesn't count at all, buddy. In fact, you get negative points for every item found that way.

The things I've found on your list:

HoZ, Stormlash, Ohm, Sur.

The runes were found after the drop rate was increased... before that, best I had seen was a Gul.

I don't have an MF character, so I am in no way disappointed that I don't find super rare items. I am more of a "all areas clearer", so if something drops it's a very pleasant surprise. I may not see many uniques, but I tend to find tons of elite white/grey items that are suitable for runewords. Most of my char's mercs own eth Elite Insights for example =p

Some are Threshers and some are CAs/CVs, but I normally find enough for my uses, just from running places like Pits AT WSK etc.

Right you are :embarassed: t'was rather late when I made that post, plus it's been a while since I've seen the inside of the D2 client ;).

Partially? I'd say It doesn't count at all, buddy. In fact, you get negative points for every item found that way.

No need to get hostile, I was just sharing my experience. Although you are right in saying it doesn't really count.

Off the top of my head, I have never found:

Items:
Griffin
Tyreal's
Ik Soul Cage

Misc:
Jah rune
Cham rune
Zod rune

probably some others i can't remember

Last edited:

I'm down to 4 items items on my list

Griffons
Asterons Iron Ward
Cow King Boots
Zod

- D.J.

No need to get hostile, I was just sharing my experience. Although you are right in saying it doesn't really count.

Was not meant to be hostile, just jokingly dismissive (the latter of which you earned when you decided to bot :propeller:), either way, don't take it too seriously.

Crown of Ages
Tyrael's Might
Sur
Cham
Zod

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High