Is a Diablo 2 remake pure rumour?

Is the Diablo 2 remake pure fiction?

• Total voters

In The Name of Zod

Jul 13, 2007
How long have people been talking about a Diablo 2 remake and is there any real evidence that clearly suggests it is being made? I think I may have heard suggestions of it a good while ago (years) but only recently does there seem to be more suggestions popping up that it is a possibility. Is there anything concrete on this?

I know people have been talking about it for a loong time, I'm more interested in the recent suggestions.

Well, so far its mostly been speculations, but they did remaster warcraft 3, so its not completely out of the question. As for myself personally, i would be satisfied with a higher resolution patch, as well as having all the bots banned from the game. I really dont need a remastered version.

There was an interview with David Brevik a little while ago who said it would be exceedingly difficult because so much of the programming was done based on the screen resolution.

There was an interview with David Brevik a little while ago who said it would be exceedingly difficult because so much of the programming was done based on the screen resolution.

Yes, thats why i think it would be best if they simply just gave us a higher resolution patch, instead of remastering the game.

Last edited:
Will it have black bars? The same aspect ratio but higher resolution everything. If it's a purely graphical polish then D2 would take longer than Starcraft theoretically which I heard took around a year to do. Recently we have seen the AI upscaled imagery of D2 , I can't stop wondering if that's what they do.

I was just watching an old youtube video by Rhykker where he interviewed David Brevik. Rhykker mentioned that Blizzard said that once the remaster of Starcraft is in a good spot then they might look into other Blizzard properties (see 11:08). Xtimus also did a similar youtube. I guess it was the Blizzard comment that started it.

Personally I see the line between a remake and a remaster as very blurry especially for this game. Everyone seems to have a slightly different interpretation.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High