Discussion Introduction post

John_Fitzgerald

Feb 23, 2024
Hi guys. More than 15 years of playing diablo 2 and a very long break related as life happens.
I'm impressed by how many people still play this game. I have been watching this community regularly and have been fascinated by your quest to reach lvl 99. The first character I played in diablo 2 was the paladin Zealot. I remember loving the gameplay without even knowing what I was doing and developing everything in my own way. It was the character that appealed to me the most. Not the fastest but it had its own vibe.

I found a post by Asmodeus about how he managed to get to lvl 99 with his Zealot. It was a "wow" for me I immediately felt the urge to go back to the game and create my own character and my own story.
I set myself two limits. No mods, No GoMule/Atma. Why? Because I want to limit myself to that character only. If it's useful to me I'll keep it, if not I won't. This seems interesting to me.

Will I reach 99 lvl? I dont know. It's a very long way and I can't imagine it for now. My goal for now is to create my own sorc i suposse Blizzard Sorc or Paladin Hammer and pass all the difficulty levels first then we will see. I really enjoyed focusing on one character at a time. I will probably start my adventure today. I don't have any other Save and characters. So it's really all starting from the beginning. It will be interesting to relive it all again and try it!

And.. I want try Hardcore!

Last edited:
Welcome to the SPF.

1.14 without GoMule will certainly be a challenge - You will be really limited in the amount of crafting materials, gems, bases etc. Good luck!

Reactions: John_Fitzgerald
Good luck! Mad respect from me; I'm not a hardcore player.

I noticed a few guardians in the SPF Build Compilation have names with roman numeral suffixes, such as John_III or Fitzgerald_IV. I believe some of our hardcore players start with roman numeral I, and then keep increasing the number when they start over after each "your deeds will be remembered" disaster. Here's hoping you get your guardian on your first try!

Reactions: John_Fitzgerald
I too am not a hardcore player reading even more of the forum I decided that I had imposed too much on myself and changed my mind. however, I want to try on D2R on softcore and give it more time and maybe someday I will try hardcore.

Thank you guys for your comments and nice welcome.

Reactions: Rush and ziambe
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High