If I where to go max block with Spirit runeword,

Oct 3, 2005
If I where to go max block with Spirit runeword,

what would be better: Monarch or Ward?

Ward has higher str req, but also has higher block thus needing to spend less dex points.

This is for an Amazon.

Re: If I where to go max block with Spirit runeword,

You will use Guardian Angel, right? A Safety ammy would also be nice, but without GA your fbr will suck dead monkey balls and cause certain death whenever you get mobbed bad enough.
And you'll need 200 dex which will kill your vita and, well, you as a result.

In any case, a Ward takes 185 str and only has 2% better block according to Arreat Summit, so I'm not sure what's the big question here. Monarchs are used for Spirit because they're the only viable non-Pala shield that can get 4 sockets.

In any case, a Ward takes 185 str and only has 2% better block according to Arreat Summit, so I'm not sure what's the big question here. Monarchs are used for Spirit because they're the only viable non-Pala shield that can get 4 sockets.

I guess Im asking what shield will I need to spend the least str/dex points in to get max block at say lvl 90.

Monarch > Ward for you. ~30 points in dex surely is going to be more than 2% blocking with a monarch. Plus monarch is a 'light' shield while a Ward is 'medium' which will affect your run speed.

Edit: according to a calc, at level90 max block with the amazon would require ~300 dex. with the monarch and ~290 dex. with the Ward.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High