Holy Grail Berserker

According to the Phrozen Keep and the game files the first level of the Pits has a minimum of four rooms. Your map has five rooms, so there's still potential for less :p

T4i, how many rooms is that?
Probably nothing special since I'll have to go to well and return...

Iv8PrNC.jpg

Yeah, 4 tiles = minimum. I wonder what is maximum though. I've seen maps that have 6 tiles many times. First lvl should be able to spawn 7 or 8 tiles i think. Does anybody have some info about that? I've also observed that 4 tile maps can spawn only small amount of packs. That changes when a map has 5 tiles. It can spawn many more packs comparing to 4 tile maps.

From what I gathered they did not set a maximum amount of rooms as a limit in the .txt files, but rather they set a maximum dimension of the map to limit number of rooms. Each room is made up of little tiles, e.g. the Pit has rooms consisting of 24x24 tiles. Then the game reserves a certain amount of space for each map which for the Pits is a space of 200x200 tiles. You can fit at most 64 rooms into a 200x200 tile grid and so that should be the absolute maximum.

Did anyone ever see a Pit map with 9 rooms in a row? It should be impossible...

Anyway that's all I can tell from the .txt files, there's a good chance they hardcoded an upper limit for rooms somewhere and we just don't know about it. That could explain why we don't see pit maps with more than 20 tiles.

Ah bummer. Only a mater of time.

On the pit maps topic, I rolled a really really nice looking 4 tile one that felt great to play. @ResTTe showed me that it's almost identical to Fabians legendary map in shape, but unfortunately not in boss packs. It only averaged right around 7 packs so i rerolled it but i kinda wish I still had it just because it was so dang easy to play.
JEJYjYI.png

Ah bummer. Only a mater of time.

On the pit maps topic, I rolled a really really nice looking 4 tile one that felt great to play. @ResTTe showed me that it's almost identical to Fabians legendary map in shape, but unfortunately not in boss packs. It only averaged right around 7 packs so i rerolled it but i kinda wish I still had it just because it was so dang easy to play.

Epic map, what was that legendary map, how many bosspacks?
I'm using some ok map right now, about 8 packs total on 2 levels

fPBcMTq.jpg

@Mest666 Looks like a decent shape 5-tile map. I ran one sorta like that for MFO that was averaging 8.3 packs before i stopped counting. I'm sure the averaged decreased some over time though, but I can't count packs and do "efficient" runs at the same time :rolleyes:. Definitely check out the SPF Hall of Records HERE. Fabian has the best recorded efficiency score for magic finding (yet), and averaged 8.86 packs over I think it was 50 runs for the video. I don't remember what his long term average was for the map, but something a little below that. He also has some crazy gear from past versions of the game and got to lvl 99 on one of those older version, so his zerker is optimized to the max with spf rules. I'm sure he'd have the high score regardless, but some people are surprised when they see his helm (see HERE).

Templar's Might #8
I find way too many sacred armors...

bcZlN7p.jpg

Another one found long time ago, fail

x6mSL7o.jpg

Since 180 hours passed and I'm still at 2 items remaining, I'm posting some screenshots.

TC3 items, now only Tyrael's Might, Wisp Projector and Knell Striker weren't found on Hell.

XEH5lPw.jpg
TqHxWGo.jpg

hSvqvcC.jpg
3MwimHH.jpg

Other items (I have more)
Most rare items weren't identified due to lack of room

qMSWbfr.jpg

Usually I'm very unlucky with eth treks, probably first pair ever

Zb50KfF.jpg

First ever Blizzard Ormus for me

iJ0t6w1.jpg

5th one or smth
It's strange that I haven't found any SoJ or BK for AGES.

5ifbRfA.jpg

zG2q2DI.jpg

Enemies of the year:
(3rd archer was nothing special).
IrVPhwt.jpg

0aiWaXE.jpg

Maybe the most interesting thing is my new map.
It is small but it has 8,5 bosspacks on average (last 100 runs)

XR3HvAZ.jpg
97ysOx9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah map sounds legendary. Def keep counting if you're up for it. I can see the screenshots fine fwiw, not sure if you changes something after restte's comment though. I'm so surprised you haven't found wisp. Definitely getting ridiculous by now, though I guess tyraels is all that matters as wisp could be done in a few weeks (at your pace) from trav. Best of luck!

Keep it on! Very cool map, reminds me of my AT map but probably even better and especially more efficient! I found wisp just yesterday but haven't seen a single unique sacred armor in my Grail journey (-2). I just mention it to make you believe it will just drop, it's just a matter of hours for you. Hope I can absorb some of your SA luck though :).

Thanks for sharing your adventures, I'm a passionate reader of em!

1500 runs
Bosspacks: about 8.3

Keep it on! Very cool map, reminds me of my AT map but probably even better and especially more efficient! I found wisp just yesterday but haven't seen a single unique sacred armor in my Grail journey (-2). I just mention it to make you believe it will just drop, it's just a matter of hours for you. Hope I can absorb some of your SA luck though :).

Thanks for sharing your adventures, I'm a passionate reader of em!

Thx for reading, bro. I hope I won't need to kill 2 million monsters for TM.
And don't absorb too much of my luck, you need only one Templar's Might for the Grail.

Last edited:
Little updates.
I'm at 300 hours since last Grail drop and this is my progress:

View attachment 52463

300 hours is about 120 000 drops - 27% chance of finding Tyrael's Might and 63% chance of finding Wisp Projector. So chance of finding at least one of these is 73%? I think something will drop before it is 90%.

Best items I found recently:
Astreon's Iron Ward upgrade, I found 1 more too.

View attachment 52465

This doesn't need any comment

View attachment 52466

9th Sacred Armor

View attachment 52468

View attachment 52470

View attachment 52471

View attachment 52472

Also got Cham, Jah, Sur probably Ber and other runes.
My map got average 8.3 packs after 1500 test runs

Here are my new amulet & ring
So far I failed to craft 2 barb mf amulet

View attachment 52473
View attachment 52474

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High