Guardian Zeeaire, Fire trapper/BF assasin

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian#4 Zeeaire, Fire trapper/BF assasin

Normal & Nightmare
Mp’ed with Jaedhann til’ act 5 in Normal, she basically fried everything to hell. She was probably faster than a lightning trapper in these two difficulties.

Act 1
Merc got equipped with Eth Bonehew, Eth Duriel’s and Eth Rockstopper, needless to say he was owning everything Fire Immune while my traps were still in pretty good shape, very rarely I had to use BF. Things changed in Catacombs lvl 2. Spiders and flayers (both FI), there was one situation where I had to resurrect my merc twice and constantly use MB + CoS (cursed boss pack of spiders and extra fast of flayers). Andy fell to the mighty power of WoF.

Act 2
Things started to slow down. Sewers lvl 2 spawned with Sand Raiders and Skeleton Warriors, Bone Archers weren’t really a walk in the park either. Radament was killed and next big obstacle was Tal Rasha’s Tomb. This bosspack was constantly reviving a whole army of FI skeletons, and kept cursing my merc (causing more deaths), so I had to fall back and take the skellies out one by one. Duriel also was a pain, some more %DR would’ve helped I’m sure.

Act 3
As easy as pie. There really aren’t any Fire Immunes in this act (except the Shamans and Fire Spiders?) so it was done quite fast (merc handled The Council)

Act 4
All about Chaos Sanctuary. Merc was resurrected ~20 times, not only because of IM but Amplify was killing him too. Tactics was to cast CoS, go around the Doom Knights, kill the OK’s and then deal with the rest. Diablo died to WoF.

Act 5
Only had problems with Ancients. Thing is I was only lvl 77 and needed one more lvl for 78, so I decided to put on p3 and clear Icy Cellar which took me only to half lvl. So I went to kill Nihlathak and clear all the Halls, all that took about 1 hour (for one lvl! :(). So I proceeded to the Ancients, once fierce warriors with honor and now a big pain in the ***. Fight took half an hour, leaving FI/Stone Skin Talic last, he killed my merc so only me and my shadow were left. 500 Venom damage ftw! Parked the last wave because I doubt my merc could handle it and so I killed Baal. The End.

Zeeaire - LCS

Equipment:
Helm: Rare Circlet (2 skills, 30 frw, 32 all res, 55 light res, 38 life) - Um’ed
Amulet: Angelic’s
Claw 1: Rare GT (50 ias, Fool’s, 173 ed) – Shael’d
Claw 2: Bartuc’s
Switch: Shadow skills prebuff
Armor: Vipermagi (49 res) – Jewel
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: String of Ears
Boots: Goblin Toes
Ring1: Raven Frost
Ring2: Angelic’s

Merc – Jemali – HF merc
Helm: Eth Rockstopper
Weapon: Eth Bonehew/Kelpie(for slowing bosses)
Armor: Eth Duriel’s

Finds:
NM HF: Sol
Hell HF: Mal
190% Butcher’s – Hell Act 1
War Spike (Grailer!) – Hell Travincal
Vipermagi (29 res) – Hell Baal

Plans - Retirement.

Impressions
She's different than any character I've ever played with. Fire traps have a few virtues but many more flaws than Lightning traps. They have a big area of effect, small mana cost, bigger minimum damage and faster shooting. However the damage is small, mana cost is low but you have to constantly summon them cause they shoot only 5 times before expiring, DS isn't synergized so the radius is quite low. Was fun though, but I wouldn't do it again :crazyeyes:

Thanks to
Jaedhann who played with me to act 5,
Stephan for hearing my constant rants,
Evah for her fire trapper Guardian (motivated me to continue playing with mine),
Antonio for watching me play and not studying for his tests,
You for reading.

Re: Guardian Zeeaire, Fire trapper/BF assasin

A Fire Trapper!? :hang: I mean, congratz! :thumbup:

How about skill distribution?

How about skill distribution?

Knew I forgot something. Thanks :crazyeyes:

Stats:
Strength: 79
Dexterity: 79
Vitality: 307
Energy: Base

Skills:
Max Wake of Fire, Wake of Inferno, Fire Blast
15 in Venom, 1 in Blade Fury
1 point wonders (DS, SW, MB)

Congratulations Darkoooo, I remember reading about Evah's sin a while ago and thinking how hard it must've been

All guardians get a :thumbup: from me

So when will you stop making these cookiecutter HC builds?:coffee:

Did you use any extra points in claw mastery? I noticed you used two rather nice looking claws with Blade Fury, and I ask about the mastery because I'm currently making a Blade Fury Assassin ('untwinked', under Heptad tournament restrictions) that will be using a claw weapon to deliver blade fury.

Claw Mastery would add extra damage and deadly strike for blade fury cast with claws, correct? Your build sounded like it relied primarily on the traps, but how important would you say the Blade Fury aspect was?

So when will you stop making these cookiecutter HC builds?:coffee:

When I find a Jah. Then I'll make a lvl 99 king of cookie-cutters (Hammerdin). Like that will ever happen.

Did you use any extra points in claw mastery? I noticed you used two rather nice looking claws with Blade Fury, and I ask about the mastery because I'm currently making a Blade Fury Assassin ('untwinked', under Heptad tournament restrictions) that will be using a claw weapon to deliver blade fury.

Claw Mastery would add extra damage and deadly strike for blade fury cast with claws, correct? Your build sounded like it relied primarily on the traps, but how important would you say the Blade Fury aspect was?

I only had one point in CM since as you said, she mostly relied on her Fire Traps for the damage. Her Venom was doing most of the killing so it was rather helpful against FIs. And yes, for a pure BF sin you might want to maximize it to get the most out of the build, %ED and DS do work but %AR doesn't unfortunately. Every trapper is a very safe one (including BF), CoS + MB lets no one get near her and if someone does she usually has enough life + Claw block to withstand it. Good luck!

Edit:
(below) @Nightwish

Damn, hoped no one would catch that DS thing. Was too lazy to edit it :crazyeyes:

Last edited:
Re: Guardian#4 Zeeaire, Fire trapper/BF assasin

Congrats :) Sounds very similar to one of my once in a life time builds for my sept. Okay to do once, but they couldn't pay you to do it again ;)

DS isn't synergized so the radius is quite low.

You wouldn't have to synergise DS to get some radius, just a few regular skill points would have done it ;)

I suppose the main reason you found fire traps to be kinda crappy is the many bugs they have. If I remember well only 1 in 3 shots of Wake can hit the same thing. And Inferno is just as bad as it is for sorcs. Pity... That's what stopped me from ever using it.

Congratulations on the guardian.

I have one, pretty much identical, in nm act2.

My planned skill layout is the same as yours, though I'd max Venom before dumping points in WoF synergies.
Apart from that, is there anything you would do differently if you were to do it again? (It might save me from an untimely deeds :), so think hard ).

Congratulations on the guardian.

I have one, pretty much identical, in nm act2.

My planned skill layout is the same as yours, though I'd max Venom before dumping points in WoF synergies.
Apart from that, is there anything you would do differently if you were to do it again? (It might save me from an untimely deeds :), so think hard ).

I'd use Demon Limb's enchant for the bonus to AR (chance to hit most monsters was around 70% and I didn't have enough strength for it) or use a claw (or weapon) with ITD. I'd also put on some extra CB (maybe Guillame's + Goblins), since traps can kill almost every non FI monster with ease (bosses are harder, but with a better BF they should die easily too, Hell on players1 of course). I wouldn't change anything in the skill layout, Venom was really handy (I wouldn't be able to kill Talic without it), maybe just max Wake of Inferno last (like you planned to).

Good luck!

Congrats Darkoo :thumbup:

I never played assy with fire traps or BF, so You've inspired me for sure...Very nice Guardian i tell, You :thumbup:

As for Demon Limb charges, aren't they a bit expensive?...I just tried this idea with some of my characters and it seemed so, but maby its just my feeling...If i good remember, NF used this very often with his characters and he is surely more experienced then me :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High