Guardian Merriam Untwinked Lightning Trapsin

MizzouFTW

Oct 29, 2008
Merriam is my level 88 lightning trapsin. I was sitting at work one day studying when I decided to install Diablo II again. I decided to take a break for the next few weeks and spend my surplus time wasting away like I did when I was 12. Playing Diablo.

I ran through normal and nightmare as quick as possible. There were no notable issues. When I go to hell, I quickly shopped a lower resist charge wand. That proved to be invaluable. I also grew very frustrated very quickly. I had forgotten how annoying and tiresome lightning immunes are. When you've got a superb merc, it's not a big issue. When your merc is swinging an insight partizan, it quickly becomes an issue. So, I ran pits about 500 times. I didn't find a new merc weapon, but I did come up with an IK armor, Mav armor, two tals belts, a 15/15 flail (that will eventually be used for cta), an eth wyrmhide I used the socket recipe on for treachery, and a few other items.

So, I ran through hell as quickly as possible. Nothing of note from the forges. When I go to Act 5, I ran E/S/P for a few hundred runs. I came away with a shako, three Um's, a Mal, and a Cham. Actually, two of the Um's were from Pits. Anyway, I ran pits until level 88. Nothing really dropped for me from the last 50 or so runs. I did notice that my girl is extremely weak past players 1.

I attempted the ancients about 10 times. Three times my client crashed. I feared there was an error with the installation that was affecting Hell ancients. That was about a week ago. I figured I'd give it a go again this morning and I successfully killed the ancients with little hassle about an hour ago. I cautiously made my way through the WSK and into the throne room. There weren't any major boss packs that I really had to worry about. Very few souls, and no dolls thankfully. Baal was dispatched quickly but failed to yield me anything of value.

Since this is the only character I'm really interested in playing right now, I'll probably get her up to clvl 94 and shop for claws again. Currently, she is a sword/shield trapsin. However, the ultimate goal is for her to use some nice +2/+3ls claws. I've shopped anya for a solid six hours in total so far. I should probably just wait until 94 to improve my chances.

The Cham will be used for something down the line, but I'm not quite sure what. My next walkthrough with a character will hopefully be more in-depth, but I'm at work and my patience is thin today.

Also, Act 3 Hell was literally Hell. So many lightning immunes and I'm just now remembering how terrible the merc AI is.

My next character I'll be running through will be an amazon. She is inspired from Nightfish's WSK runner. Right now she's sitting at level 18, provided there is nothing that grasps my attention at work, she'll be a Guardian in a few weeks.

OT: Just finished Last of Us for PS4. Wow. It was a great game. I haven't gamed on a console since I was young with nintendo/SNES/N64. I bought Surge off Amazon and sold a few cases for a big profit locally. I used that cash for the PS4 so I didn't feel bad about spending money on something I didn't really need.

OT#2: I really wish Blizzard would have released an updated resolution for Diablo. I've got 3 Dell U2412m's and if I were to play D2 at home, it would look rather pitiful on those beautiful screens.

Well, I had been taking screenshots this whole time. I'm not sure where they are located though. I've got my Diablo II folder located in C:\Program Files, and not C:\Program Files(x86). I'm guessing that's the issue. I know GoMule had some issues with writing data when it was in the (x86). Oh well. I'll figure it out another day.

Future plans for this girl are just to run pits until she gets outfitted with proper WSK gear. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the runes for Enigma and Infinity. I'm not planning on it anytime soon though.

Well done!

I've experienced crashes on the summit too. I thought it was related to using cloak of shadows but maybe something else can cause it as well?

It is most likely cloak of shadows causing the crash

Keep hitting the books, slacker! :)

I built a fairly decent Trapsin a while back from scratch with no rune-word mod and she faired fairly well. Once I hit LK I farmed for Enigma, then finished off the rest of the gear. Once you get some decent gear you can afford to invest in Fire Blast, which makes handling the LI much easier. I could run Pits on P7 usually in about 2 minutes per run with that setup.

Long time no see buddy!

Yeah, I deduced it was CoS causing the issue. I started a sorceress yesterday and got her to 75 today. She'll be my primary LK runner, but I currently have no drive to farm LK. I've been shopping for claws and keep getting teased by claws that are similar to what I want, but not quite there.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High