Guardian Faith_FULL: Spearazon

DaveW

Nov 27, 2006
Name: FAITH_Full
Class: Amazon
Level: 81

A Guardian to see out the old year and so here we are: Faith_FULL, the Spearazon. She is one of my chars from D2 Legacy that I have forwarded to D2R. She was Hell Act 3 when I picked her up again. She is my 2nd attempt at an HC Spearazon, the first Amazon going down to Lord De Seis and his cronies in Hell back in 2021 I believe. At that time I was using a non-eth Kelpie (Amn) for slowing monsters then swapping to a Hone Sundan (Shael-Shael-Amn) for the finishing touches. She did so well up to that point that I guess (iirc) I ran headfirst into De Seis thinking all would be good. WRONG! HC will teach you things when you least expect it.

So this one was a bit more reserved. Her weapon of choice (I think she equipped it in late NM) was this beauty:

Stoneraven
Matriarchal Spear
Two Hand Damage: 242 - 354
Durability: 28 of 28
Required Level: 64
Required Strength: 114
Required Dexterity: 142
Fingerprint: 0x857556f0
Item Level: 87
Version: Resurrected
+3 to Javelin and Spear Skills (Amazon Only)
+20% Increased Attack Speed
273% Enhanced Damage
Adds 101 - 187 Magic Damage
+548 Defense
All Resistances +43
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Shael Rune

With no shield for an assist, the +resists are most welcome on this build as are the +skills. She had no D/A/E skills til I was informed (thx PhineasB) that the bug had been patched so I re-specced in order to get the Valkrye, possibly the best summon in the game (looking at you Grizzly). On switch she had a Hel'd Demon Limb for the Enchant charges.

Naked/Gear
Strength: 92/114
Dexterity: 118/145
Vitality: 255/280
Energy: 25/35
HP: 975/1176
Mana: 150/190
Stamina: 399/399
Defense: 29/630
AR: 560/11066

Fire: 102/62/2
Cold: 97/57/-3
Lightning: 139/99/39
Poison: 83/43/-17

As for the Java skills:

Jab: 14/14
Power Strike: 1/1
Poison Javelin: 1/1
Impale: 1/1
Lightning Bolt: 1/1
Charged Strike: 15/15
Plague Javelin: 0/0
Fend: 15/15
Lightning Strike: 0/0
Lightning Fury: 0/0

CS was for the Physical Immunes and boy did she run into those big bad boys in the Glacial Trail, the Ancients Way and WSK. Those damn Hell Lords ...lol. But the Valk and Merc were able to hold them long enuff for Life Tap from Dracs to kick in and so we could all just wail away on them, me with CS, my partners with their contributions. Other gear:

Natalya's Soul
Dracul's Grasp
The Mahim-Oak Curio
Rockstopper (Shael)
Manald Heal
Raven Frost
String of Ears
Treachery (Dusk Shroud)

Mercenary:

Race: Desert Mercenary
Type: HolyFreeze-Nightmare

I prefer the HF merc for HC. He adds another level of safety behind you in case things go south, altho HF has no effect on Hell Lords and Frenzytaurs. He used an eth Thresher Obedience, Duriels and Crown of Thieves for the majority of the playthrough.

I was really sweating the Ancients. I needed a way to slow them down but at the same time hit them hard. I would have gone with Reapers on the merc but the Decripify kills the Life Tap and Life Tap I believe is a must on this build. So I put a Kelpie on the merc and I grabbed a Hone Sundan. I must have re-rolled them 8 times before they had acceptable mods ( Fanatacism? No Thx! Cursed? No thx! Conviction? No thx! HF? Hmmmmm ..... No thx!) I got through them and thats what counts.

As for the Amazons Passive skills, I cant say enuff about Slow Missiles, Decoy and Inner Sight. Decoy is really the only crowd control skill of those three but it does a very good job of drawing monsters away from me, while SM does a great job of negating ranged attacks. As per usual I cleared the whole of Baals throne rooms before engaging Baals waves. In HC you need a sanctuary to retreat to if the situation calls for it. The Hone Sundan-Kelpie combo took care of Baal.

And that's it everyone. Happy New Year and may your D2/D2R goals become a reality in 2024!

1703926219664.jpeg

Well done Dave, and thanks for the write-up.
How much did you end up using fend vs jab? Been tempted by spearzons for long, but never got around to it.

Thx for the comments guys. @ Kartongen Fend is the goto skill as long as you have 2+ monsters around. Otherwise Jab for the single targets. It worked quite well. Fend on a skill button (so RMB click) while Jab was hardwired to the LMB.

A typical battle involved sending in a Decoy first so I could assess the situation, Slow Missiles for any pesky ranged attacks (including LE Bosses that send out Charged Bolt due to them being attacked by me or my platoon: SM slows the discharge very well) then Inner Sight to lower defense and start wailing with Fend. Once Life Tap kix in, you and the posse can just go to town.

Reactions: Kartongen
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High