Guardian #8, Maiden the FO/CL Tal's sorc

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian #8, Maiden the FO/CL Tal's sorc

Normal & Nightmare
Envy setup til’ 18, then Iratha’s til 30. At 30 Razorswitch+Vipermagi+Peasant, and at 42 Occy+Whitstan’s which remained through all Nightmare. Anyone who played a FO sorc knows how overpowered it is through Normal and Nightmare, my merc dealt with the occasional CIs.

Act 1
Got 71st lvl upon killing NM Baal so it was time for Full Tal’s. With the added +15% cold damage, FO did ~430 damage and was enough to kill all the non CIs.

Act 2
First opportunity to try out Lightning was in Claw Viper temple and it did a fine job. Because of relatively slow cast rate and FHR they stunned me a few times, but nothing too alarming because of the max block and high life orb.

Act 3
Flayers... How I hate them. It would be just fine if there were only Lightning immune Soul Killers or Cold Immune Flayers, but when they spawn together they can be a real pain...

Act 4
Love this act, it’s short, gets you two skills and a high chance of scoring a good rune. Lord de Seis spawned with extra fast + Fanaticism so it was kinda hard separating them, but FO did a good job.

Act 5
Had some really bad rolls in this one. When I entered the Crystalline Passage, two extra fast Moon Lord boss packs + one Succubi boss pack awaited for me. Had an NDE there (they become REALLY fast when they manage to hit you with their frenzy a few times). Frozen River spawned Gloams (even though my lres is 75, they still hurt).

Maiden – LCS

Stats:
Strength: 95
Dexterity: 139

Vitality: Rest
Energy: Base

Skills:
Max FO, Lightning, Chain Lightning
13 in CM (-125% after +skills), 8 in LM (rest go here)
1 pt Tele and Warmth

Equipment:
Helm: Tal’s (Ptopaz)
Amulet: Tal’s
Weapon: Tal’s (light facet will go here)
Shield: Whitstan's (Eld)
Armor: Tal’s (Ptopaz)
Gloves: Trang’s
Belt: Tal’s
Boots: War Travelers (Treks for questing)
Ring1: Rare (Fres, Lres)
Ring2: SoJ

Switch: CtA + Lidless

Merc – Haseen – HF merc
Helm: Vampire Gaze
Armor: Duriel’s
Weapon: EBonehew (Hel+Amn)

Finds:
NM HF – Pul
Hell HF – Ko
Act 3 - Burning GC
Council - +5/-3 Fire facet
Baal – Ilvl 99 GC and Ribcracker (last exceptional grailer!)

Plans:
She’s going to replace my Pnova/Summoner in pit running. He’s decent, but teleport will probably cut my run times in half while maintaining the same MF.

Impressions:
I found myself using FO all the time, and L/CL only for the CIs (even though I have more points invested in the lightning tree). Somehow I have the feeling this isn’t the right char to go with untwinked, Meteorb or Blizzard is probably the way to go. So if you don’t have some elementary gear don’t expect wonders from this build.

Re: Guardian #8, Maiden the FO/CL Tal's sorc

Congrats Darkoo!

I've played my FO/CHL sorc untwincked and she was doing very well, unfortunatelly Hell Baal killed her :rolleyes:

I do agree about skills, i've used FO most of the time and CHL/L just for CIs...I had huge problems with moon lord bosses though...

Very nice Baals drop btw...

Congrats again and good luck with next one :thumbup:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High