Guardian #7, Auerus the GF Frenzy Barb

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian #7, Auerus the GF Frenzy Barb

Normal & Nightmare
He changed many weapons through the game, at first Envy setup, followed by dual wielding Bladebones, switched to Bonesnap at lvl 24 and put Skystrike for CS (250 max light damage ftw!), after CS he frenzied with dual bloodletters. Lvl 39 meant dual Butcher’s, followed by an upped Butcher’s and a rare Naga (30 IAS, 230 ED, Fools) which he wore during all Nightmare and early Hell. There weren’t really any problems, except CS where I didn’t want to risk frenzying.

Act 1 & 2
This screenshot says it all.

Act 3
First act where I had some serious trouble dealing with PIs. Reaper’s broke all of them, but I was barely hurting those ghostlike creatures. And when they spawned with nasty mods it wasn’t a pretty site, had to S&E once to prevent a death (lvl 2 flayer dungeon, around the first corner extra fast boss pack of ghosts (didn’t catch the other mods) with some flayers boss pack, they killed my merc very fast and came after me, I tried to fall back but there was no place to go, tried to tp out but it was too late and they got me surrounded and I was out of juves).

Act 4
Put on Gimmershreds for Chaos Sanctuary. Didn’t want to take any chances and double throwed my way through all those OKs. Merc got fried more times than I can remember but I can afford it now. It took about an hour, big D was a piece of cake. Spoke to Tyrael, he opened the portal, I entered and... there’s no and, I got an error for putting the -ns command. It didn’t save big D so I said screw that and asked Toni to rush me through CS.

Act 5
Ghosts spawned in two areas but Reaper’s took care of that. Oks spawned only in Throne in a very small number. Waves ez. Baal ez. Pew pew, I own.

Aureus LCS

Stats:
Strength: 116
Dexterity: 24

Vitality: 345
Energy: Base

Skills:
Max Frenzy, BO,
17 in Mastery (rest in this), 12 Nat res, 10 Find Item
1 BC, 1 Battle Cry, 1 Increased speed

Equipment:
Helm: Arreat’s
Amulet: The Cat’s Eye
Weapon: Death Cleaver (Shael)

Weapon2: Rune Master (Amn, Eth, Eth, 2x ED jewels)
Armor: Duriel’s
Gloves: LoH/Drac’s
Belt: M’avina’s (for the ml)
Boots: Gores
Ring1: Rare (Dex, str, ll, res)
Ring2: Raven Frost

Switch: Echoing glaive + Demon Limb

Merc – Hazade – Might merc
Helm: Vampire Gaze
Armor: EDuriel’s
Weapon: EBonehew/Reaper’s

Finds:
NM HF – Sol
Hell HF – Ist (only one more Ist til the CtA!!!)
NM Lister – Arreat’s
Hell Flayer Jungle – Carrion Crest coronet (+1 druid skills, 20 frw, 39 life, 5 ll, 2 sockets)

Plans:
Travincal. He’s due for a serious change of equipment (only the weapons remain) and I believe he’ll be just fine. Haven’t tried him yet but I will do it soon.

Impressions:
Since it isn’t a fully synergized Frenzy barb and I had stretched stat points I didn’t have the full experience. Nevertheless it proved to be quite fast but not so safe, if Drac’s didn’t proc the life tap he’d be dead in some situations.

Re: Guardian #7, Auerus the GF Frenzy Barb

Grats, nice to see a meelee char without a fortitude armor around, with all those high end runewords flying around recently:crazyeyes:
And a guardian no less, much respect:thumbsup:
Any plans for the next one?

Congrats on a nice little Guardian there! I've been meaning to make a Frenzier myself, but still have not gotten around to it.

How much GF do you expect him to be carrying after his change in clothes?

-hps

That's a pretty neat Guardian, Darkoooo, congratulations. The world needs more melee guardians (of which I fail badly at myself, but I'm working on it...). I'm also interested in seeing how much you can pack on, GF wise. I'd like to see some good max piles down the road.

Congrats! I too want to see an update with GF equipment on and hear about how he does.

Thanks everyone!

Now he wears:
Helm: CoT (Lem)
Amulet: Rare (Res, ML, GF, MF)
Same weapons
Armor: Wealth
Gloves: LoH
Belt: Rare (Str, GF, Res)
Boots: Rare (GF, MF, Res no frw though :/)
Rings: Dwarf Stars
Switch: 2x Lem'ed Ali Babas
Charms: Gheed's, Steel GCs, SCs of Greed

That gives him 1076 GF on kill and 1780 GF when horking (44% chance to hork). I'm getting 350-400k gold per a run which lasts 3 minutes on average. I know that leaper barbs can probably get more gold/time but I like to kill the monsters myself. Biggest problem is the AR which is now at 4647, so my chance to hit the council is around 70% (does LCS count in the Eths in weapons?). Hope that'll improve as he gains a few levels.

@Zefimas
Probably a CL/FO sorceress using Full Tal's for pits. My Nova necro is good but run times are at 5 minutes :badteeth:

I don't think the LCS does count in the -25% defense from Eth in weapons, so your CTH would in reality be plenty higher than that.

Nice work!

I don't think the LCS does count in the -25% defense from Eth in weapons, so your CTH would in reality be plenty higher than that.
:agree:

Melee Guardians always deserve congratulations! A toast to you! :wine:

Outstanding, Darkooooo! I admire your patience; those ghosts with a melee build are a pain in the rear.

:congrats:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High