Guardian#3 Shade the Trapsin

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian#3 Shade the Trapsin

Guardian #2 isn't worth mentioning, so lets skip her :crazyeyes:

Normal
Stephan and me decided to make two new HC chars. That was a few months back. We wanted to go untwinked, giving some challenge since Meteorb and Trapper aren’t really original builds. Like always, mana was a problem but when you’re 30+ it gets whole lot easier. Baal was killed and we proceeded to NM.

Nightmare
Untwinked became boring soon, so I brought some items :p. We were unstoppable, NM was easy as always. Fiore’s Orb was cleaning out whole screens, so I didn’t do much except throw a few Mindblasts when some Extra Fast boss packs show up. After killing NM Baal, came a long break (~month).

Hell
Finally we stepped in Hell, but realised it isn’t the same old feeling. I was getting a bit bored of the game and Stephan didn’t care. We decided to end it right in the Blood Moor, yup, a PvP match in HC (it sounded like a good idea at that time :scratchchin:). Too bad I forgot to mention to Stephan Trapper usually has an edge over sorceress. Readout:

Fiore's Ear
Sorceress
Level 72

After that I put the HC stashes aside and started SC again. Few weeks ago, I found them again. And decided to Guardian this char. Even though I gathered lots of good gear from Mephisto in MFO, I decided to Guardian her with the one she already had (Merc needed and upgrade though).

Act 1 was too easy, not many LI’s so it was over in less than an hour. A2 was a bit tougher, desert had lots of LI’s but monsters had relatively low life so Fire Blast was really shining out there. I had lots of luck in A3, easily finding Spider Cavern, shortcut to Flayer Jungle and Flayer Dungeon, Mephisto was a bit harder to kill though, as my merc had his light res in the 50’s. Act 4 is all about Chaos Sanctuary as always, OK’s, Venom Lords with high life and LI Storm Casters. Had an NDE with Infector of Souls, but casting CoS slowed them down.

Act 5 was played today, everything was easy except Ancients, they ignored my merc and attacked only me (that's one annoying bug). I was running in circles, casting one or two traps then running again, until only LI Madawc was left. FB + merc took care of him in a few minutes. As soon as I entered WSK, a surprise was waiting for me. This guy coupled with Might Enchanted Assailants. Somehow I managed to TP back to town, equip myself with Full Juvies and try again. Casted CoS, threw a few MBs and ran to safety. Then I killed them in small groups. ToD and Baal killed in a matter of minutes , and there we are:

Shade, the PK’ing Guardian Trapsin

Items:
Helm: Rare +2 sin skills, 17 all res, 40 light res, 30 FRW
Amulet: +3 Traps, 18 Strength
Claw 1: +3 Traps, 40 IAS
Claw 2: Bartuc’s
Armor: Duriel’s
Gloves: Magefist
Belt: IK Detail
Boots: Aldur’s Advance
Ring 1: Carrion Wind
Ring 2: Rare with Light and Cold res

Inventory: 1 Shadow skiller, few resistance SCs

Merc:
Hazade, Holy Freeze Desert mercenary
Helm: Vampire Gaze
Armor: Duriel’s
Weapon: Eth Bonehew

Finds:
Hell HF: Hel
24 AR, 8% gf SC
Diablo GC

Plans:
I might equip her with some FRW gear and try to run RoF chests if she proves safe enough. If not, then most probably retirement until I get Enigma :scratchchin:

Re: Guardian#3 Shade the Trapsin

Nono, I'd really like to know guardian #2!

Gratz anyways :).

Re: Guardian#3 Shade the Trapsin

HC PvP??? Wow. Just wow. Amazing. I'm speechless.

The Frezytaur boss could have spawned stone skin, extra strong, extra fast instead, so no reasons to complain ;)

I'm with Ardo on the #2 Guardian. Even the boring builds are more interesting reads in HC.

Congratulations! Very entertaining write-up, nice character.

--Greebo

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High