Guardian #14, Joosh the Fury Wolf

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian #14, Joosh the Fury Wolf

maybe I'll make a Fury Druid with HoW to compare the two.

Wish I haven't said that.

Normal&Nightmare
Just like with any other twinked character, this ball of furr easily clawed it's way to Hell. There was a big annoyance in Act 3 Nightmare though. I was looking for Spider Cavern, explored the Spider Forest and Great Marsh but in the end I found the entrance in Flayer Jungle.

Hell
Unfortunately this character isn't as powerful as Fana Zealot, he could do fine on p1 but I wanted to play him on p8 just like I played with the paladin. Entered Hell with CtA+Lidless for the life boost, but in Maggot Lair I encountered this source of aggravation. That's when I decided I'll put Naj's Puzzler on switch and speed up the game because it was really slow going. I had numerous NDEs, 3 times I had to S&E because a pack of monsters surounded me and life was just dripping. I had huge luck with ancients, while I was killing Madawc, Talic was busy with my merc.

Joosh – LCS

Stats:
Strength: 81
Dexterity: 20
Vitality: 399
Energy: 20

Skills:
Max Fury, Lycanthropy, Werewolf, How
15 in Summon Bear

Equipment:
Helm: Um'ed Guillaume's
Amulet: Highlord's
Weapon: EBotD BA
Shield: Lance Guard (PDiamond)
Armor: CoH Dush Shroud
Gloves: LoH
Belt: SoE
Boots: Gore Riders
Ring1: Ravenfrost
Ring2: BKWB
Switch: Naj's Puzzler

Inventory:
Grand Charms (6) - +488 to AR, +40 to Max Damage, +114 to Life, 12 FHR
Small Charms (6) - +78 AR, +8 to Max Damage, 5 FHR, 11 Lres, 11 Cres, 3 Dex

Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x67fcaffe
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune

Breath of the Dying
Berserker Axe
VexHelElEldZodEth
One Hand Damage: 163 - 481
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 103
Required Dexterity: 40
Fingerprint: 0xfd1aebad
Item Level: 88
50% Chance to cast level 20 Poison Nova when you Kill an Enemy
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
354% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
+50 to Attack Rating
+200% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
15% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
All Stats +30
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
6 Sockets (6 used)
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Eld Rune
Socketed: Zod Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune

Chains of Honor
Dusk Shroud
DolUmBerIst
Defense: 793
Durability: 17 of 20
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 77
Fingerprint: 0x97d1d11e
Item Level: 86
+2 to All Skills
+200% Damage to Demons
+100% Damage to Undead
8% Life stolen per hit
+70% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
Replenish Life +7
All Resistances +65
Damage Reduced by 8%
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Dol Rune
Socketed: Um Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune

Lance Guard
Barbed Shield
Defense: 151
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 52 of 55
Required Level: 35
Required Strength: 65
Fingerprint: 0x4b5e87e7
Item Level: 49
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
20% Deadly Strike
+92% Enhanced Defense
+50 to Life
All Resistances +19
Attacker Takes Damage of 47
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Perfect Diamond

Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xaec86634
Item Level: 87
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
Fingerprint: 0xf905f281
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
5% Life stolen per hit
+43 to Life (Based on Character Level)
+50 Maximum Stamina
Merc – Mizan – Might merc
Helm: Rockstopper
Armor: EShaftstop
Weapon: EReaper's

Finds:
Hell HF – Pul
Shokogusha's GC of Dexterity (6 Dex) - Catacombs Lvl 3

Plans:
I can't believe how Blizzard managed to screw up druids so badly, they have absolutely no practical use in PvM. I expected a wolf would be less powerful than a Fana Zealot but I also expected more survivability, and that didn't happen. Don't get me wrong, the idea was great and I think druids have the best story but Blizzard should've made them more powerful. At least I got my first sept completed, so I guess they're good for something afterall.

Re: Guardian #14, Joosh the Fury Wolf

Congrats on Guardian. Personally i like Fury druid the most from druid builds. I might try this once since i have all equipment already.

Grats man

Fury druids are plenty fun but should be geared really overpowered with 1.07 gpa's and so on for 100k LCS :)

You have a Botd and a CoH and complain about his power? Come on man.

You have a Botd and a CoH and complain about his power? Come on man.

:crazyeyes: I know it's probably pushing it, but it's just that I expected from him not to be that much weaker from my zealot. I could've lowered the player settings to 1 and watch the monsters melt, but that wouldn't be a comparison then.

I don't mind weaker builds, I've played quite a few, but I don't understand why Druids don't have something along the lines of Cold Sorc/Trapsin/WW Barb/Hammerdin/Javazon/Fishymancer? A wind druid comes close but it's still not quite there...

edit: @bodry
No block, Lance Guard is there for FHR and DS.

Last edited:

If I may: You used a BOTD Berserker Axe. There is your problem. Low dmg+block. No wonder why you had trouble at players 8.

I haven't looked at your Dex. Such a fool of me.

Last edited:

Nice job Darkoo, good to see that eBotD getting another outing. LCS looks like around 4K damage but I suspect it would have been higher. Players 1 would have been a cakewalk for your wolfie but you made Guardian and that's all good.

I guess you got swamped because of no crowd control. I used a Delerium on the merc of my FuryWolf and it worked really well. Also casting Bear into the middle of ranged attackers or hard hitting mobs works well. You may have been able to allocate summon points evenly between Wolves and Bear as points to wolves adds life whereas Bear points adds damage and really the Bear is there as a distraction/crowd control mechanism, not a source of DPS.

Grats dude.

Grats! I was just wondering two things: why did you make BotD in a Berserker Axe, and what do you think about HoW (as in, does it last long enough, does it help your damage enough)?

Anyway, if 1.14 should come one day, Blizz had better at the very least fix that Fury interruption crap.

Thanks guys! :grin:

@DaveW
I've never used Delirium before, but now that you mention it, it would probably work great with this build. I was happy with the life Bear already had so I just wanted that extra bit of damage as well, knock back was nice as well...

@Arkardo
Made the BotD in BA because I needed a primary weapon for my WW Trav barb, but now I'm trying it out on other builds as well:nod: HoW adds ~650 average damage and ~2500 AR so it's good enough for me. However it dies quite often in tough situations when you need your damage the most, it has low life and a very poor AI.

I personally would only make BotD in a nice two-hander, but it still looks like an amazing weapon to me! I was asking about HoW, because I really like Feral Rage and I'd like to spend more skill points in it. I guess I could skip Summon Werebear, but that would make HoW even more vulnerable. Aw, shucks...

Oh, BTW, that lil' gift of yours? I'm almost finished with Nightmare with the build I'm using it on. A few more weeks and I'll have another Guardian, thanks to you!

Seems like a powerful guy. I'm surprised about the NDE's. Grats on the Guardian!

A clear advantage of using ebotd is the nice LCS, unlike with 'Grief' ;) I like how you have some 82% Deadly strike on your gear. This write-up is the first time I understood the reason behind using Lance Guard, so thanks for that. Yes, I'm slow at times.

Grats, again!
--Greebo

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High