Guardian #13, Jaedhann the Fana Zealot

Darkoooo

Jan 14, 2007
Guardian #13, Jaedhann the Fana Zealot

I never thought I'd have such high end equipment in HC but 1.13c made it possible.:cloud9: I played him on /p8 through the whole game because he didn't have any problems surviving due to the high dps and life leech, but especially life tap from Exile which was active 90% of time.

Normal & Nightmare
Even though 1.13 introduced respecs, I decided to play him without any because zealots cruise through Normal and Nightmare as it is. Standard envy setup til lvl 18, then I switched to Zeal with Bloodrise+Carnage Jewels setup. At lvl 24 Bonesnap came available, and it's upped and Shael'd version at 34 which i kept all the way through Nightmare.

Hell
I knew the biggest problem with this char would be Physical Immunes (who would have thought) so I made a Passion Berserker Axe on switch for the one point Berserk. Even though I'm sure it would have worked great at p1, higher player settings kill the usefulness of 1pt Berserk and make it very slow killing and dangerous. Getting my defense to 0 and leaving me without any leech, for this char meant stripping him of all defensive capabilities. With the spare skill points I even tried 1pt Vengeance+1pt Conviction but that was just as slow, so I decided to use the coward's way out and teleport past everything physical immune :embarassed:. At first I didn't think I'd use teleport from Enigma to that extent but I was forced since I had no other solution to PIs.

I have never played a melee enchantress so this was the first time I met with tele stomping followed by a melee attack. I like it, made things easy when facing a minion pack. Also teleport+charge got me through the game very fast, especially through the act 2 deserts. Life Tap made him almost invincible, especially when I gave him a CtA on switch.

In Chaos Sanctuary I encountered Lord De Seis with a Blessed Aim aura, I don't think I've seen that before and I've done a number of CS runs with my hammerdin (doesn't he have Fanaticism mostly?).

Ancients didn't roll with the best mods, merc bit the dust shortly after spawning so I missed his Static Field, but they went down fast enough.

Baal gave me my 10th AoKL so I thank him for that.

Jaedhann – LCS

Stats:
Strength: 41
Dexterity: 98
Vitality: 371
Energy: 15

Skills:
Max Zeal, Sacrifice, Fanaticism, Holy Shield
1pt Conversion, Vengeance, Conviction, Cleansing

Equipment:
Helm: Um'ed Guillaume's
Amulet: Highlord's
Weapon: EBotD BA
Shield: Exile ST
Armor: Enigma LP
Gloves: LoH
Belt: Arachnid
Boots: Gore Riders
Ring1: Ravenfrost
Ring2: Plague Touch – rare FCR ring
Switch: CtA + Fal'd HoZ

Inventory:
Grand Charms (8) - +777 to AR, +29 to Max Damage, +206 to Life, 12 FHR
Small Charms (8) - +20 AR, +2 to Max Damage, + 82 to Life, 10 FHR, 20 Lres, 21 Cres, 31 Fres

Code:
 [FONT=Verdana]Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x67fcaffe
Item Level: 86
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
All Resistances +15
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Um Rune 
  [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]
Highlord's Wrath
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0xfa458ad4
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1 - 30 Lightning Damage
32% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Lightning Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 15

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Breath of the Dying
Berserker Axe
VexHelElEldZodEth
One Hand Damage: 163 - 481
Durability: 14 of 14
Required Level: 69
Required Strength: 103
Required Dexterity: 40
Fingerprint: 0xfd1aebad
Item Level: 88
50% Chance to cast level 20 Poison Nova when you Kill an Enemy
Indestructible
+60% Increased Attack Speed
354% Enhanced Damage
-25% Target Defense
+50 to Attack Rating
+200% Damage to Undead
+50 to Attack Rating against Undead
7% Mana stolen per hit
15% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
All Stats +30
+1 to Light Radius
Requirements -20%
Ethereal
6 Sockets (6 used)
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Socketed: Hel Rune
Socketed: El Rune
Socketed: Eld Rune
Socketed: Zod Rune
Socketed: Eth Rune [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] 
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Exile
Sacred Targe
VexOhmIstDol
Defense: 1159
Chance to Block: 0
Durability: 23 of 23
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 76
Fingerprint: 0xc35ef378
Item Level: 79
15% Chance to cast level 5 Life Tap on striking
Level 16 Defiance Aura When Equipped
+2 to Offensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+30% Faster Block Rate
Freezes target +1
+239% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +7
+5% to Maximum Cold Resist
+5% to Maximum Fire Resist
All Resistances +45
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Repairs 1 Durability in 4 Seconds
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Dol Rune 
  [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]

Enigma
Light Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 878
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 41
Fingerprint: 0xed91a9e6
Item Level: 65
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+771 Defense
+64 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
86% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune 

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Raven Frost
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xaec86634
+250 to Attack Rating
Adds 15 - 45 Cold Damage Over 4 Secs (100 Frames)
+20 to Dexterity
+40 to Mana
Cold Absorb 20%
Cannot Be Frozen

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Plague Touch
Ring
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x45517708
Item Level: 86
+10% Faster Cast Rate
+111 to Attack Rating
Adds 1 - 12 Lightning Damage
Lightning Resist +29%
Poison Resist +30%

[/FONT]  [FONT=Verdana]Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 19 - 57
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x53adb7ca
Item Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
286% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+3 to Battle Cry
+6 to Battle Orders
+4 to Battle Command
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)
Socketed: Amn Rune
Socketed: Ral Rune
Socketed: Mal Rune
Socketed: Ist Rune
Socketed: Ohm Rune 

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 483
Chance to Block: 52
Durability: 50 of 50
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 89
Fingerprint: 0xa539485b
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Block Rate
30% Increased Chance of Blocking
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+186% Enhanced Defense
+30 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
All Resistances +50
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Fal Rune[/FONT]

Merc – Emilio – Might merc
Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
Armor: EDuriel's
Weapon: Crescent Moon EThresher (198% ED)

Finds:
NM HF – Lem
Hell HF – Mal
Ancient's Way – Natalya's Mark

Plans:
This old fella goes to retirement, no real MF potential in him and I don't have the stamina to level a melee char. He was fun, and I really just wanted to see what kind of damage can a BotD produce, maybe I'll make a Fury Druid with HoW to compare the two. I wanna thank Jaedhann for letting me borrow his name without even saying I could, you're the best!

Re: Guardian #13, Jaedhann the Fana Zealot

Nice job Darkoo. And great equipment to boot: eBotD, Exile, Enigma (gieb enigma)
Re: Physical Immunes, I had similar problems with them too but it's not too bad. 1 point Vengeance does help but it is slow. I've heard that against Undead PIs, it's best to use Sanctuary and Vengeance. When I made my FanaZealot, I just took my time and finished them off with Conviction +Vengeance. It was slow but sure.

Did you use HoZ on switch with CtA? I wouldn't think that would boost BO+Shout etc.

Baal gave me my 10th AoKL so I thank him for that.
Cool, and he even put it in a Lich Wand for a change :wink: Grats dude.

Nice work and great gear for HC, I guess no Iron Maiden makes it much safer in HC

Lord de Seis usually switches aura if you pop back to town

where is Jaedhann anyway?

Nice power zealot! :D I never made a zealot on HC back when I was playing them, seemed to dangerous... but I guess your gears take care of that!

Also, I think De Seis is always Fanatacism, but can also spawn a second aura... or maybe he could do that in previous patches, not sure. I remember a friend on bnet dying to a Fanat/Might combo De Seis once :p

*drools @gear*

Grats! Awesome collection of wealth you got there! Personally, I think I'd use a Reaper's Toll on the merc before using an Exile. Your setup is waaay more stylish though!

Also: gieb Nat's Mark?

Nice writeup!

Although I am curious about two things, why HoZ on the switch and for the love of god, why use a enigma on a zealer?

Well done!

1 point Sanctuary will set the physical resistance of any undead to zero. Then you can just zeal them normally. I even like to do this against souls in WSK due to their high physical resistance. There is no such easy way out against demons, though.

Did you use HoZ on switch with CtA? I wouldn't think that would boost BO+Shout etc.

Yea, I carried a HoZ on switch instead of Lidless Wall because I think the +4 to HS > +1 to BO. Not sure on the numbers though, never bothered to check but I felt he had enough life as it is.:yes:

Cool, and he even put it in a Lich Wand for a change :wink: Grats dude.

Ouch, you got me there :embarassed: Thanks for your comment!

Lord de Seis usually switches aura if you pop back to town

Wasn't aware of that, it's nice to know, thanks! :thumbsup:

where is Jaedhann anyway?

I've got no idea, I tried contacting him but I guess RL got in the way (heh I make it sound like a bad thing:ponder:)

Nice power zealot! :D I never made a zealot on HC back when I was playing them, seemed to dangerous... but I guess your gears take care of that!

I think they're safe enough though, especially in 1.13 with no Iron Maiden like lhtb said. With a decent amount of life leech I'm sure you could get this guy untwinked through Hell on p1 without too much stress. Previous patches would make him less viable untwinked of course :\

'grats Darkoooo. Really slick gear, but only the best for Jae. :wink:

I actually had in mind Jae would always try to get the most out of his characters when making them. Kudos to you for noticing that! :thumbsup:

I think I'd use a Reaper's Toll on the merc before using an Exile.

I made this Exile not too long ago, and thought this would be the perfect (and probably the only) chance to use it. There were a lot of situations where I missed Reaper's, especially vs. PI uniques but Life Tap saved my butt more times than I can remember.

Also: gieb Nat's Mark?

Gieb email address? :wink:

Although I am curious about two things, why HoZ on the switch and for the love of god, why use a enigma on a zealer?

I used HoZ to prebuff Holy Shield and Enigma is from a different story. I don't have RWM installed so no Fortitude, I'm an Ist short of CoH (have the Ber, but used most of my lower runes to make Exile :crazyeyes:), I have used Duress/Duriel's/Shafstop so many times on my melee chars I've gotten tired of them so I let him wear Enigma. I know it's a strange choice, but it's the best one I have at the moment :whistling:

1 point Sanctuary will set the physical resistance of any undead to zero. Then you can just zeal them normally. I even like to do this against souls in WSK due to their high physical resistance. There is no such easy way out against demons, though.

I have to admit I completely forgot about Sanctuary until Hell Act 4 when I decided to use my spare points. By then most undead PIs were left behind and I only got to try it out in Act 5. That was a huge oversee from my part and it would have helped me a lot in first three acts :embarassed: Now I actually see how I forgot a lot of things about D2 after my 2 year hiatus.

Thank you all for your comments! :cloud9:

I played a Zealot once without knowing about the Sanctuary thing. Needless to say, it was a much less pleasant experience. It makes the whole PI thing go away like 90% of the time.

As far as the shield on the switch goes, a 'Spirit' in a Pally targe is a far better choice than Lidless. The requirements are much nicer for Pally shields, at least some of them. +2HS vs. 6% Life? Depends on what level HS you have at that point. I guess with 'Exile' if you want to really go for very high defense, I could see that I could choose +2HS.

Nice character! Grats!
--Greebo

As far as the shield on the switch goes, a 'Spirit' in a Pally targe is a far better choice than Lidless. The requirements are much nicer for Pally shields, at least some of them. +2HS vs. 6% Life? Depends on what level HS you have at that point. I guess with 'Exile' if you want to really go for very high defense, I could see that I could choose +2HS.

Nice character! Grats!

Thanks! :yes: Well if I had RWM installed I'd definitely use Spirit Shield on switch, not only for the +skills but for the FCR as well. I like to play Vanilla in HC way too much though :wink:

Very good, Darkoooo. I'm going to start paying more careful attention to Lord de Seis' auras, too. I don't have an exile yet, but I'm looking forward to making one and trying it out when I find the runes and a good ethereal shield.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High