Gomule Stashes Organization

Excalibur

Guide Author
Jul 3, 2012
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,

I was wondering how do you organize your items?
How many different stashes do you have in order to keep everything organized?
Which items do you "mix" in the same stash?

I was lately trying to minimize them because after farming it becomes a bit annoying opening too many of them to drop the items in the respective stash.
For example, I keep Jewels, Runes & pgems in seperate stashes but since there is a setting to separate them, I am thinking of making one stash of these now.

My main concern is also about charms.
How do you oranize those? Do you keep all of them in one stash?

First off I remember reading that there is some technical upper limit to stash sizes after which they can become corrupted. I can't find the thread right now but I think it was something in the 6k range. In fact that's the reason why there is an "all items" option in GoMule at all. Maybe that was just silospen and randall being overcautious but I like to stick to 3k stashes max because of this.

So since stashes need to be kept small it makes sense to actually make subdivisions, but as you say it becomes hard to filter everything into each stash. That's where running stashes come in: You make a stash just for running a target (or you make multiples, your choice) and you fill it up until you have a few hundred items/you stop running and only then do you use the filter options to distribute the items into their respective stashes. Saves a lot of time.

As for charms: I don't pick up large charms and I put all Skillers and Gheeds into my equipment stash while the remaining small and grand charms go into a charm stash. It has like 1k charms right now and is easy to maintain.

EDIT: Adding "6k" to my google search did the trick:
From the developer of GoMule himself.

How I organize..
Screenshot 2021-02-14 225658.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225724.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225742.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225758.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225816.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225831.png

Screenshot 2021-02-14 225845.png
Basically all new finds goes into "Stash" before being sorted out. Gear that gets tossed around between characters goes to "Transition".

TBH, it still can be refined further ie rares and crafts. So far, I tend to go by the rlvls for the mods I'm looking for. Pretty sure there are quicker ways to finds FCR rings, leech rings etc. Only issue seems to be the overlaps.

Slightly simpler for me.

- Each char that uses extended stash gets their own personal stash
- Every char has mule-off only access to Dump stash

A grailer project that has the above Dump stash that gets sorted into...
- Set
- Unique
- Jewelry
- Eth Unique
- Ormus
- Runeword
- Cathan
And any duplicates gets put into Giveaway stash.

A giveaway project that has the above Giveaway stash that gets sorted into...
- Set
- Unique
- Jewelry
- Rare (craft included)
- Magic
- Charm
- Base
- Rune
- Runeword
- Diadem

Probably have to delete unused / low-end items at some point.

Last edited:
A giveaway project that has the above Giveaway stash that gets sorted into...
- Set
- Unique
- Jewelry
- Rare (craft included)
- Magic
- Charm
- Base
- Rune
- Runeword
- Diadem

Probably have to delete unused / low-end items at some point.
So here is the hidden structure... 😇 i will synchronize!

• Haha
Reactions: Grisu and Swamigoon
My stashes:
- uniques normal
- uniques exceptional
- uniques elite
- uniques eth
- uniques jewelry
- sets
- runes
- runewords
- rare
- magic
- charms skillers
- charms physical damage
- charms
- bases
- bases Steel
- craft fodder
- crafts
- starter gear
- pgems
- full rejus

I think I need these general ones (for everything but set pieces):
- rings
- amulets
- jewels
Maybe also combined stashes for crafted/magic/rare/gemmed:
- armour
- weapons

Lately I have started using temporary personal stashes while patting to ease finding "earmarked" equipment when the time comes.

I go through stashes and delete junk from time to time but 'rare' and 'magic' stashes are tricky as they contain lots of "maybe this will be useful for unlikely and yet to be discovered edge case" items.

Edit: forgot to say thanks for the thread! One of those which made me (re)evaluate long standing practices.

Last edited:
Charms
Charms Skillers
Crafting Materials
Rare Armour (magic & crafted goes here too)
Rare Weapons
Rare Circlets
Rare Jewelery
Runewords
Sets
Skt Gems
Skt Jewels
Skt Runes
Unique Armour
Unique Weapons
Unique ARCJ (amulets rings charms jewels)
Whites
Z to sort

All new finds go into the to sort stash.
I have other stashes for PvP, Twink gear etc but these are the main ones.

Keeping the crafting ingredients in different stashes makes loading a character with the ingredients quicker.

Reactions: Swamigoon
My default is uniques. So stashes without a descriptor like "Boots" or "Body Armor" are all my unique boots and unique body armor. There are some exceptions to this like "Jewels" and "Magic Items".

I separate out 1.07 items from my 1.14d stuff because the 1.07 stuff is uniquely powerful and I don't want to lose track of them.

I collect rare/magic items with more than 4+ to any individual skill (regardless of whether or not it has any real in-game use) for fun.

Not listed in here but I also keep what I call "Caddy" stashes where I house items for characters I'm currently building/optimizing.
  • Amulets Rare
  • Amulets
  • Belts 1.07 (M'avina's Tenet)
  • Body Armor Runeword
  • Body Armor
  • Boots Rare
  • Boots
  • Charms 1.07 (Min and max damage)
  • Charms Damage and AR
  • Charms Life and Mana
  • Charms Reroll
  • Charms Resistance
  • Charms Run and Recovery
  • Charms Skillers
  • Charms Strength and Dex
  • Essences
  • Ethereal Uniques
  • Gems Lower (Any gem not flawless or perfect, flawless goes on a character who just cubes)
  • Gems Perfect
  • Gloves 1.07 (Laying of Hands)
  • Gloves Rare
  • Gloves
  • Helms 1.07 (Vampire Gaze)
  • Helms Rare 4+ Skill
  • Helms Rare Reroll
  • Helms Rare
  • Helms Runeword
  • Helms
  • Jewels Rainbow Facets
  • Jewels Rare
  • Jewels
  • Keys
  • Legs
  • Magic Items 1.07 (Triumphant rings)
  • Magic Items Reroll
  • Magic Items (Jeweler's items, +3 tree gear, etc...)
  • Normal Armor (Socketables)
  • Normal Weapons 1.07 Atma Bug
  • Normal Weapons 1.07
  • Normal Weapons (Socketables)
  • Rings Rare Fast Cast & Leech
  • Rings Rare Fast Cast
  • Rings Rare Leech
  • Rings Rare Stat (interesting rares with good stats, but no leech or fast cast)
  • Runes Lower (Lem and lower)
  • Runes (Pul and higher)
  • Shields Rare 4+ Skill
  • Shields Rare
  • Shields Runeword
  • Shields
  • Twinking Items (1.07 Raven Claw, Death's guard+hand, Twitchthroe, Duskdeep, stamina charms, cubes, Treads, Eye of Etlich, etc...)
  • Weapons 1.07 (Titan's Revenge)
  • Weapons Rare 4+ Skill
  • Weapons Rare Damage (Rares with 300%+ enhanced damage)
  • Weapons Rare Reroll (Ethereal crystal/dimensional swords for upgrading to eth phase blades)
  • Weapons Runeword
  • Weapons (I originally separated out my unique weapons into norm/excep/elite, but it took too much time for me to remember what weapon went where, so I just dumped everything into one stash)

Last edited:
-Lk drops drops (turned into just all flawless gems)
-Perfect gems
-GEMS (all but flawless and perfect)
-usefull charms (vita, res, for, mf)
-melee charms
-s/u
-rw bases
-rws
-amulets and rings
-jewelry (which I also include essences and magic gloves/belts for crafting)
-twinked stuff
-mf gear (just rarers)
-runes
-skiller charms + charms that need to be rerolled

My cube grail project has GoMule organized like this:
  • "Cube" stash (a general dump for "interesting things," which I periodically review/fetch/save/sell/delete)
  • A few stashes of trophies:
    • "Museum" (set and unique pieces which are as close to perfect grail status as I have been able to find)
    • "Tools" (S/U/rare/etc. items, intended for actual gameplay use, and often upgraded, socketed/gemmed, etc.)
    • "Baubles" (other S/U/etc. stuff that I still want to collect and admire, but that aren't "perfect" specimens. For example, Cathan's Grail rings of various item levels tend to accumulate here, as do "cream of the crop" jewels and charms.)
    • "Bases" (socketed candidates for runewords, and runes reserved for them. For example, my Grail of Steel finds are segregated here. I also have staffmod items here, collected for potential "Tools" runewords such as Lore, Rhyme, etc. Other stuff lands here that might be interesting to reroll, craft, socket, or upgrade.)
  • "On-Duty" (a separate extended stash for whatever character I'm leveling at the moment)
My previous stashes also include:
  • "Relics" (stuff that was personalized, or other sentimental items from retired characters)
  • "Pessimism" (I keep a separate project with a separate extended stash for HC, but seldom use it. I don't enjoy the risks, so I usually only play HC when I participate in a tournament that requires it.)
I was not aware that stashes with more than 6K-ish items might not remain stable. Thanks, @art_vandelay , for your post above that pointed that out! My main "cube stash" had grown to well over 5K entries, so I decided to take your advice and work to cull that hoard. I cubed up a bunch of pgems, and then I burned through those by re-rolling a handful of stashed grand charms. That task finally produced my first ever Sounding Grand Charm, which brought me to this first ever milestone:

K2skillerCounts.png

I was going to brag about this achievement in the item find thread. However, out of respect for @ziambe 's much cooler result posted earlier today, I think I should refrain and just let that find sparkle and glow on its own for a while in that thread topic. ;)

Some interesting ideas there! But I think I am stuck too much with what I am used to:

Folder "D2Stash" contains the following subfolders:
- Characters
  • 77 stashes, for each tournament character at least one ("Lugh" for my Ornage Tournament character for example) or more ("Lugh always usbale" for the quest reward items and crafted items I may always equip, "Lugh Crafting Materials")
- Crafted
  • Caster Items
  • Blood Items
  • Hit Power Items
  • Safety Items
- Ethereal
  • 1.07 eth weapons
  • Ethereal Class Items
  • Ethereal Class Uniques
  • Ethereal Elite Items
  • Ethereal Elite Unique
  • Ethereal NM Items
  • Ethereal NM Unique
  • Ethereal Normal Items
  • Ethereal Normal Unique
  • Ethereal Perfect Grail
  • Ethereal Rare Items
  • Ethereal Socketed Class Items
  • Ethereal Socketed Elite Items
  • Ethereal Socketed NM Items
  • Ethereal Socketed Normal Items
- Magical Items
  • Magical Amazon
  • Magical Amulets
  • Magical Assassin
  • Magical Barbarian
  • Magical Druid
  • Magical Elite Items
  • Magical Headgear
  • Magical Items
  • Magical Jewels
  • Magical ilvl99
  • Magical MF
  • Magical Necromancer
  • Magical Paladin
  • Magical Rings
  • Magical Sorceress
  • Magical useless (😅)
- Rare
  • Rare 300 ED
  • Rare Amazon
  • Rare Amulets
  • Rare Assassin
  • Rare Barbarian
  • Rare Belts
  • Rare Boots
  • Rare Charges
  • Rare Circlets
  • Rare Druid
  • Rare Dual Leech Rings
  • Rare Ethereal
  • Rare Gloves
  • Rare IAS GLoves
  • Rare Jewels
  • Rare Necromancer
  • Rare Paladin
  • Rare Rings
  • Rare Sorceress
  • Rare Teleport
  • Rare Triple Resist
  • Rare Bug
  • Rares
- SC
  • 55 stashes like "Normal Uniques", "NM Uniques" etc, but in total far less items/stashes than all the other stashes (they are all HC)
- Set
  • one stash for each of the 32 sets
And then there are the remaining stashes in the folder "D2Stash":
  • AT Runs (for quick stashing - then, if there are enough items, I distribute them to their corresponding stashes)
  • Charms ilvl99
  • Class Items
  • Class Socketed Items
  • Class Uniques
  • Cracked Caster Items
  • Crafted Items (before sorting them due to their recipes)
  • Crafting Utilities (I think I do not use this stash anymore...)
  • CS runs (for quick stashing)
  • EBugged
  • Elite Magical Items (there is an overlap to Magical Elite items in the subfolder Magical, I guess... :unsure: )
  • Elite Normal Items
  • Elite Socketed Items
  • Elite Unique Items
  • Enigma Base
  • Essences
  • Failed Grail (disontinued, too much effort to check every item if it is failed...)
  • Full Rejuvs
  • Gemmed items
  • Gems chipped
  • Gems perfect
  • Gems
  • Grand Charms Skillers
  • Grand Charms
  • Inultus Baal Running (for quick stashing)
  • Large Charms
  • LK Runs (for quick stashing)
  • Magical Items (again, overlap)
  • Mephisto runs (for quick stashing)
  • MF Items
  • Miscellaneous
  • needs sorting (well...needs sorting)
  • new AT (for AT Tournament back then)
  • NM Normal Items
  • NM Socketed Items
  • NM Unique Items
  • Normal Unique Items
  • Normal Items
  • Normal Socketed Items
  • OBP Batch 2 (for quick stashing)
  • OBP tournament (for quick stashing)
  • often used
  • Perfect Grail
  • Pindle runs (for quick stashing)
  • Quest Items Hell (back then for rushing)
  • Quest Items NM (back then for rushing)
  • Quest Items Normal (back then for rushing)
  • RoF Runs (for quick stashing)
  • Runes for Zod (New rune stash when I started the Quest for Zod tournament - note: Goal not reached.)
  • Runes
  • Runeword Items
  • Small Charms MF
  • Small Charms
  • Sort (for sorting...overlap again)
  • Staves socketed
  • Staves
  • Travincal Runs (for quick stashing)
  • Twinking Gear
  • Unique Jewelry
  • Upped NM Uniques
  • Upped Normal Uniques
Well, I guess my sorting method needs some sorting :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@Grisu oh...my...God... unbelibable oO

Well on my side, apart from dedicated stash living during a character questing journey, the main ones are:
- Runes
- Gems
- Jewels
- Jewels good (as if I had such knowledge xD)
- Charms skillers
- Charms MF
- Charms res
- Charms
- RingsAmus (for rare/magical ones)
- Circlets
- Grail
- GrailEth
- Pits Options

And the much required
- Tradable_SU

On top of that, some generics for task running, like...
- AAAA from quick emptying from LK running
- A_Pits from quick emptying from...exactly
- LowLevelStuff for twinked questing needs

I guess that covers much of the existing ones.

Reactions: Swamigoon and Grisu
@Grisu

WOW. Just.. WOW! Don't trust Gomule's sort function?😅
Well, sure I do! But with 1029 items in "Full Rejuvs", 1688 items in "Elite Unique Items", 1870 items in "Grand Charms", 149 items in "Grand Charms Skillers" (to randomly pick some) loading times and file corruption are too much of a nuisance to keep it all in one stash 😅

To be honest though, I only now got to know about the corruption thing thanks to @art_vandelay

But due to loading times I tried to keep the upper limit to 5000 nonetheless.

I don't know how many items in total I have (This is not a part of GoMule's excellent features, AFAIK), but I assume it has to be around 200k or so? Yeah, I am a packrat, I know.

Two things contribute to this:
- me doing lots of runs 12 years or so ago and keeping everything
- me switching to SP HC tournament characters where I often keep every item that has the possibility of being useful later on (as a cube base, imbue or whatever else) and those stashes grow and grow until I finish the tournament. Those stashes often have 1k to 2k items once the character/tournament is finished, and I often do only sort out the S/Us, but not the rest because, well...because I am lazy, I guess 😅

EDIT: Not to mention 180+ green Breast Plates! You'll never know when those might come in handy!

Reactions: D2DC and saracen85
@art_vandelay interesting. I had no idea about that corruption issue. Surely the ram on modern computers had upped that number significantly?
I have like 15 stashes that are fairly organized, but I almost always go to "all" to find things anyways, so I was considering dumping them all in one stash. But my charms stash has 4k items, runes&gems stash has 3k, and uniques has 2k, so maybe I shouldn't lol.

@art_vandelay interesting. I had no idea about that corruption issue. Surely the ram on modern computers had upped that number significantly?
I have like 15 stashes that are fairly organized, but I almost always go to "all" to find things anyways, so I was considering dumping them all in one stash. But my charms stash has 4k items, runes&gems stash has 3k, and uniques has 2k, so maybe I shouldn't lol.
You really want to find out if GoMule/Java automatically makes use of those resources? :p

Also the load time on big stashes is annoying and so is the search lag, so that's another good reason to keep stashes small.

• Sad
I now only pick up elite set items (and guillaumes)

i have already more than enough normal and except set items (except cowking set)

uniques i have at the moment ~550, but I don't think I reach 2k, and if, i might subdivide them

@art_vandelay yeah the "all" load time is annoying, but thats the only way I can be sure the best rare ring for whatever i'm doing isn't sitting on another character or something :LOL:.

And I would think it will use those resources since in the quote you posted he said it depends on your computers ram, but I guess you're right... I don't want to test it. Alright. Small charms separate stash I guess.

Good to know about that potential 6k limit, thanks art!

Looks like I'm in the minority who keep it simple and rely on search and filters:
- set and unique items (~1500)
- socketables (runes, gems, jewels - usually 3000-4000)
- and pretty much everything else (~1500)

MFO/tournaments get a temporary stash to help keep track of things.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High