GoMule for D2 Resurrected

None of my characters will open, and shared stash looks weird. Stashes work fine. What am I doing wrong? Worked a week ago.

I had the same problem a few months ago and the simple fix was to delete GoMule and then reload GoMule. Obviously, backup your stashes first, though they should be safe.

I had the same problem a few months ago and the simple fix was to delete GoMule and then reload GoMule. Obviously, backup your stashes first, though they should be safe.
I found the problem. I had deleted a bunch of images I thought I didn't need from onedrive, but GoMule needs those to function. Stuff located in the "resources" folder.

I found the problem. I had deleted a bunch of images I thought I didn't need from onedrive, but GoMule needs those to function. Stuff located in the "resources" folder.
Don't delete stuff, but buy a bigger hard drive. I'm struggling with this as well. When I started with computers in the eighties, every byte was sacred, but now we have trillions of them on our tapes, err disquettes, err hard drives, err SSDs.

Yes, from worrying about Bytes to do you have enough Terra Bytes. In the early 90s I had the opportunity to see an early 10MB Hard drive. It was about 3 feet in diameter.

• Haha
Reactions: ziambe
Thanks for the posts and emails on the rare belt issue, I changed the translations over to a more modern system provided by Blizzard and for some reason it was missing the translation for 'Strap'? I still can't work out how D2 works without it but hey ho I added a hardcoded on in GoMule.

Latest version is 4.4.20, let me know how it goes: https://sourceforge.net/projects/go...MuleR4.4.20-BETA_Resurrected_2.7.zip/download

I still can't work out how D2 works without it
D2R actually doesn't care if a translation is missing from item-names.json / item-nameaffixes.json / etc... It'll just use the "name" column's value from the associated TSV file (e.g. misc.txt) instead.

Hello there!
I've been having some issues getting GoMule to run on my system.
I've installed the latesst java version and have tried the last 3 iterations of GoMule but I am getting this error.
gomule error.jpg

Not sure what the problem is here...
Anyone had similar issues ?

EDIT: running the program out of the command line works with no problems...
This is really weird.

EDIT 2: Using a jarfix program solved my issue. Please disregard this post

Last edited:
I've started a new Bowazon in D2R and decided to use the full Artic set at the beginning. When I look at the Full set bonuses in GoMule it lists the correct 4, but adds a fifth - Unrecognized property: 56. My guess is that this is a result of the change that Blizzard made in D2R version 2.4. It used to be +6-14 cold damage, but is now +2 per level and the unrecognized property is the old 6-14 cold damage.

FYI: I opened my main character in GoMule to find her "disconnected". Running GoMule from the command prompt revealed a D2ItemException, and the problematic item turned out to be the Scroll of Inifuss (which at least was fairly easy to pinpoint).

I'll grab this opportunity to give a massive thanks to the GoMule devs, I honestly don't think I'd be able to play the game without it.

Reactions: Rush
Hi guys, sorry if it's too simple a question, but I was thinking about playing some D2R again and that means getting my old GoMule stashes up and running! I've looked at my current installation, and I'm not sure if it's 100% up-to-date as per Silo's latest update on Oct 28, 2023... (can't remember when I stopped playing tbh).

Where can I see the specific version number in my current GoMule installation? Under "About..." it says "Version: R0.44: Resurrected", but isn't specific enough to see if it's version 4.4.20 as per Silo's last post.

Also... How do I step-by-step go about installing the new version and transferring all of my characters/stashes into the new installation? I know it's probably very basic, but it's just been such a long time since I used this program and I don't want to mess up my files. :D

Just grab the latest version. Put it into a new directory and copy the "Projects" folder from your previous GoMule folder to the new one.

m4ke

Edit: uh, maybe you only need to do what m4ke said, though.
Also... How do I step-by-step go about installing the new version and transferring all of my characters/stashes into the new installation? I know it's probably very basic, but it's just been such a long time since I used this program and I don't want to mess up my files. :D
I made a video showing how to transfer the items, and I assume that the process will be the same in the current version. Here's a link to that post.

Last edited:
I built a new PC and reinstalled everything from scratch. For some reason, GoMule has a stroke as soon as I open some stashes and then use any of the menus/buttons:
TLvVdCr.png

Any ideas?

-EDIT: Solution -- reboot your PC after installing Java Runtime Environment..

Last edited:
Reactions: Gynli
1.07/classic/1.10betas would be awesome as well if you have the bandwidth😜. GoMule for Time Travelers would be simply amazing. But I don't want to get greedy, you're a hero regardless. Thanks for your work on this!
So true! Part of the turnoff of older versions of the game is having to rely on ATMA, when gomule is SO much more convenient and powerful.

I'm just reading over this thread out of curiosity... I haven't bought D2R.. we'll see

edit: all caught up, and I'm thinking I probably won't buy D2R but it was fun to read about :)

Last edited:
edit: all caught up, and I'm thinking I probably won't buy D2R but it was fun to read abou
Of all the threads you could read to reach that conclusion...why this one?

I think we need one GoMule to rule them all!

Of all the threads you could read to reach that conclusion...why this one?
This is the thread I would read as well. If not for GoMule (and its predecessor ATMA), I would have stopped playing D2 by the late 2000s. IMO, knowing whether or not GoMule remains updated and stable for D2R is pretty important if mulling over a purchase (for the SP community anyway).

If you can't horde thousands of rejuvs - that you never use - what's the point? :p

Many thanks to @silospen for GoMule which I've been using in the older days and again in the D2R days.
Having an issue with D2R HC Classic chars, maybe someone could help.
When I move an item within the char inventory, take out an item to GoMule stash or add an item from GoMule stash and then save the char, it opens as "disconnected" and doesn't work in game anymore. The chars worked for some time, but now they keep failing. Noting that D2R Expansion chars and stashes work fine. And that I've tried removing all items from the chars, but when I save and reopen they appear as disconnected. Might be doing something wrong, but suddenly I can't mule any items from and to D2R HC Classic chars. Help?

Character disconnected
at gomule.item.D2Item.<init>(D2Item.java:173)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readItems(D2Character.java:525)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.readChar(D2Character.java:254)
at gomule.d2s.D2Character.<init>(D2Character.java:137)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.addItemList(D2FileManager.java:1687)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.connect(D2ViewChar.java:447)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewChar.<init>(D2ViewChar.java:426)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.openChar(D2FileManager.java:1413)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$CharTreeNode.view(D2ViewProject.java:400)
at gomule.gui.D2ViewProject$3.mouseReleased(D2ViewProject.java:126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High